Wish List

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
So, what's on your wishlist for running gear this fall???

Here's mine:

1. Nathan HPL 020 hydration vest
2. Mafate WP trailrunners
3. Petzl ultra headlamp
3. jacket from RRS
4. pants from RRS
5. gloves

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I wouldnt mind a jacket as well. Remember how I said last year about this time when I started running I looked like Jed Clampett? LOL... I have slowly bought stuff so I dont look like a rag-a-muffin.

1) Light Jacket
2) Gloves
3) Performance Beanie (and I dont care if it is the RRS brand)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
I wouldnt mind a jacket as well. Remember how I said last year about this time when I started running I looked like Jed Clampett? LOL... I have slowly bought stuff so I dont look like a rag-a-muffin.

1) Light Jacket
2) Gloves
3) Performance Beanie (and I dont care if it is the RRS brand)

Jed Clampett...that's funny. Only reason I get RRS stuff is because they dragged me into their VIP program, and I get 10% off all purchases. I really like the local folks down the road from me, but they are pretty pricey.

joel_maxwell

Jed Clampett...that's funny. Only reason I get RRS stuff is because they dragged me into their VIP program, and I get 10% off all purchases. I really like the local folks down the road from me, but they are pretty pricey.
We have 2 local places that are small chains, Trak Shak and Fleet Feet. They are so freaking trendy and pricey. You need a shower when you leave those places because it oozes with pretentiousness. Fleet Feet isnt so bad, but Trak Shak is ridiculous. I refuse to shop there.

JillC LI

I have a glove recommendation to those who use MP3 players while running. Last year I invested in a pair of glove/mittens where the tips of the gloves are cut off, and the mitten part flaps on and off over the glove part. They're very warm, but if I get too hot I can open the mitten flap for some air. PLUS, and what I enjoy most, is I can open the flap to fiddle with my Nano which is not responsive to touch with a glove on. I do know that there are also gloves made with special material on the fingertips so that an iPod will respond, but I love my glove/mittens.

joel_maxwell

I have a glove recommendation to those who use MP3 players while running. Last year I invested in a pair of glove/mittens where the tips of the gloves are cut off, and the mitten part flaps on and off over the glove part. They're very warm, but if I get too hot I can open the mitten flap for some air. PLUS, and what I enjoy most, is I can open the flap to fiddle with my Nano which is not responsive to touch with a glove on. I do know that there are also gloves made with special material on the fingertips so that an iPod will respond, but I love my glove/mittens.
Huh. That sounds nifty. I have a shuffle with all the controls on the lanyard up by the ear piece. It is fool proof with anything really, well, maybe not those gloves that have no fingers but a solid area of all of your fingers.

Phonedave

Heh, I have those.

They flip open easily so I can pull the trigger on my shotgun when the phesants flush - seriously.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Heh, I have those.

They flip open easily so I can pull the trigger on my shotgun when the phesants flush - seriously.

-dave
*thread drift warning*

Do you have a bird hunt Dave? We have a English Setter that longs for the fields of pheasants. Unfortunately, she is just a tad bit gun shy. :lol: (she jumps if a door is slammed)

mraphael

*new shoes a month before my race (Brooks)
*new running shorts/tanks
*some sort of headband to keep my hair out of my facebetter than my current one (can't stand hats)

I just recently got a shuffle and a Garmin, so I feel set tech wise :)

Phonedave

*thread drift warning*

Do you have a bird hunt Dave? We have a English Setter that longs for the fields of pheasants. Unfortunately, she is just a tad bit gun shy. :lol: (she jumps if a door is slammed)

I hunt State land here in NJ.

Right around point 'E' on that map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....203456,-74.833374&spn=0.272773,0.703125&z=11

NJ Fish and Game stocks Phesants. I don't have a dog (condo) but my father has a Chocolate Lab that is great on birds (She is a flusher). My brother has a Weimaraner that is a big wuss. She will hunt for a bit, but if it gets cold or rainy she heads back to the car. :0

I don't know if I am going to get out this season much at all though. Stocking days are Tues, Thurs, and Sat. I don't have much vacation time left so mid-week is out. And a lot of my Saturdays are taken up with other stuff (like running)

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Ok, yeah, scrap the Petzl ULTRA headlamp, I'll go for the TIKKA plus2 adapt...I didn't know the Ultra lamp was like $500 :eek:

joel_maxwell

I hunt State land here in NJ.

Right around point 'E' on that map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....203456,-74.833374&spn=0.272773,0.703125&z=11

NJ Fish and Game stocks Phesants. I don't have a dog (condo) but my father has a Chocolate Lab that is great on birds (She is a flusher). My brother has a Weimaraner that is a big wuss. She will hunt for a bit, but if it gets cold or rainy she heads back to the car. :0

I don't know if I am going to get out this season much at all though. Stocking days are Tues, Thurs, and Sat. I don't have much vacation time left so mid-week is out. And a lot of my Saturdays are taken up with other stuff (like running)

-dave
Wow. I wish my English Setter, Reagan, had the skills, but I think she is content with chasing the birds in our backyard and she stalks a chipmunk that lives in the french drain.

To Date: 3 bird kills and 1 chipmunk. :D

Ok, yeah, scrap the Petzl ULTRA headlamp, I'll go for the TIKKA plus2 adapt...I didn't know the Ultra lamp was like $500 :eek:
Holy Cow. Jezzzz.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Wow. I wish my English Setter, Reagan, had the skills, but I think she is content with chasing the birds in our backyard and she stalks a chipmunk that lives in the french drain.

To Date: 3 bird kills and 1 chipmunk. :D

Holy Cow. Jezzzz.

Yeah, a bit much. Petzl has the tikka plus2 adapt which is perfect, and cost a whole lot less, like $60 or something around that.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
*new shoes a month before my race (Brooks)
*new running shorts/tanks
*some sort of headband to keep my hair out of my facebetter than my current one (can't stand hats)

I just recently got a shuffle and a Garmin, so I feel set tech wise :)

Get a head-buff. Those are great. I have long hair and it keeps it out of my face. The material keeps your head warm in cool weather, and cool in hot weather, and it's UV protective.

joel_maxwell

Get a head-buff. Those are great. I have long hair and it keeps it out of my face. The material keeps your head warm in cool weather, and cool in hot weather, and it's UV protective.
I cant wait to get one of these. Last year, if you recall the jed clampett comments, I had some old knitted Old Navy toboggan. About mile 7 or 8 of my first Half, it got taken off and throw in a trashcan. It was about 2 pounds of sweat in that thing and had a small hole in the top that had worn out over the course of the winter training. :lol:

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRU1027/

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
I cant wait to get one of these. Last year, if you recall the jed clampett comments, I had some old knitted Old Navy toboggan. About mile 7 or 8 of my first Half, it got taken off and throw in a trashcan. It was about 2 pounds of sweat in that thing and had a small hole in the top that had worn out over the course of the winter training. :lol:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
That's freaking great

Phonedave

That's what worries me. I may want to start in a hat, but later on discard it. I don't want to do that with a brandy-new expensive hat that I like.

I currently use an old baseball cap. It could double as a hard hat now, it has so much salt impregnated in it from dried sweat - it's pretty cool :)

-dave

joel_maxwell

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
That's freaking great
Well, to make the story a little better, when I say trashcan... it was kind of thrown in the direction of the trashcan about 20 yards away. Yes, it carried that far in the air due to its weight. Im glad it didnt hit a spectator.

That's what worries me. I may want to start in a hat, but later on discard it. I don't want to do that with a brandy-new expensive hat that I like.

I currently use an old baseball cap. It could double as a hard hat now, it has so much salt impregnated in it from dried sweat - it's pretty cool :)

-dave
Dave, the new one I want on the link looks like it could easily fold about 3 times and fit in my water belt pouch where I take my own GU or Clif Shots. It looks super compact. I would not be ditching this.

Better yet, if I saw a family member around the turn (half way) I would just toss to them. Im sure they would love to catch my hat o' sweat.

That is funny Dave. I bet it has a nice tint of white from all the salt too.

Phonedave

That is funny Dave. I bet it has a nice tint of white from all the salt too.

It's tan, and it has various rings of white on it, depending on how far the sweat migrated on a given run.

I sweat like nobody's business when I run.

61032-230-008h.jpg

That's my Wine and Dine finish photo. That's not me on the cell phone. I am number 5335 in the background. The one glistening with sweat :)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom