Votes: 25 42.4%
  • No, Wipeout is a terrible idea for WDW

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Not exactly Wipeout, but something similar would be better

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Anyone watch that show Wipeout on ABC? I love it! I think it's hilarious! I was thinking it could be an attraction/show at WDW.

It could be an addition somewhere at DHS and be along the lines of American Idol where you can sign up and go through the obstacle course for a prize; or something similar.

I know it probably won't happen, but could it work? Would it get a good response? What do you think???

EPCOTPluto

Wipeout is a funny show for the summer time, and it would be interesting to see at DHS, but it might be risky if you know what I mean...

larryl9797

Sorry Timmy, Grandpa joe *tried* to do big balls and now is in a wheel chair.
great idea, but you would need a whole squadren of DHS ambulances:hammer:

Unomas

Right, some of those falls look rediculous. I have often said that some of these people MUST be getting hurt. I know other shows like the Fear Factor show at Universal makes people sign wavers but I doubt anyone wants to see people break a neck or a leg at DHS - waiver or no.

fosse76

Right, some of those falls look rediculous. I have often said that some of these people MUST be getting hurt. I know other shows like the Fear Factor show at Universal makes people sign wavers but I doubt anyone wants to see people break a neck or a leg at DHS - waiver or no.

Those types of Waivers generally don't protect from liability, since they are one-sided legal forms that people sign without legal advice. They usually shield only minor injuries...but you can't waive more serious injuries.

Unomas

Those types of Waivers generally don't protect from liability, since they are one-sided legal forms that people sign without legal advice. They usually shield only minor injuries...but you can't waive more serious injuries.

Exactly, which is why something with the threat of serious injury such as a Wipeout type attraction will never been seen.

DisneyMom4

My children and I are faithful Wipe-Out followers. However, it does not seem like people can withstand that course without injury. I don 't know how they get by with it all.

That withsaid, I can't see it working at Disney. There are just too many 'issues' to be dealt with.

davidpw97

I love Wipeout and I wish I could find someone to come set up a course in my own backyard. I don't see it working as an attraction at the parks but maybe they could turn Discovery Island into Wipeout Island. Set up a course and rent it out for corporate retreats, sports teams, and other special events.

Astro_Digital

Never heard of Wipeout, then I never watch ABC.

I watch only educational, science fiction, and fantasy; and that limits me to channel like Sci Fi, History, PBS or Discovery.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Interesting thought, but as others have said, liability is through the roof! That said, there was something along those lines proposed with the "nightly kingdom" exclusive park that was talked about in rumors early this year. Instead of sweepers and big balls, it was more like climbing walls and zip lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom