Winnie The Pooh Soft Openings

jamez

Original Poster
Winnie the Pooh began soft openings on March 25th. Pictures and video can be seen at mouseinfo.com or laughingplace.com.

CTXRover

Has anyone here ridden the pooh ride at Disneyland yet? If so, what was it like? From the photos, it looks VERY similar to the one at the MK, but there appear to be some enhancements. One thing that stands out is the ride vehicles. Wow! They look awesome. Much better than our simplistic Hunny pots. Yet, they are neat too :)

DCA Fan

Ugghh...and yawn. All I have to say.

1) Ride vehicles: These are the UGLIEST vehicles I have ever seen come out of Disney! Why can't we get the cute honeypots like WDW or TWL, why must we get the bad sci-fi movie style spaceship.

2) Plywood, plywood everywhere! Put some BUDGET into the thing, I mean, look at TDL's. They have extensive effects and scenes and its the same story.

3) Total lack of effects: Projections here and there, nothing really dazzling that would make me want to ride again.

Fav Quotes from riders:
"Does this remind you of SSL?"
"Don't worry, this is a preview, they'll add more before it opens."

I must admit, I like the tribute they put in for the bears, but I WANT MY BEARS BACK!

CTXRover

Originally posted by DCA Fan

1) Ride vehicles: These are the UGLIEST vehicles I have ever seen come out of Disney! Why can't we get the cute honeypots like WDW or TWL, why must we get the bad sci-fi movie style spaceship.

2) Plywood, plywood everywhere! Put some BUDGET into the thing, I mean, look at TDL's. They have extensive effects and scenes and its the same story.

3) Total lack of effects: Projections here and there, nothing really dazzling that would make me want to ride again.

Fav Quotes from riders:

I must admit, I like the tribute they put in for the bears, but I WANT MY BEARS BACK!

Sorry to hear you didn't like it :( I thought the ride vehicles looked neat in the photos, maybe they aren't in person? I know you compare this to TDL, but how comparable is it to WDW? I like the one at WDW and in reality it has very little "blow-your-mind" effects. Obviously, photos can't do something justice, but I thought it looked like a very nice ride. My guess, give it another try. Maybe you were just expecting too much, but the ride is still good(?)

CalDisney

Fav Quotes from riders:

Hi DCAFan

I have never been to WDW But!
I have to agree It does remind me of SSL
Basically It Sucks!
Kinda reminds me of a Place called Mickey`s Toontown:(
THats where they should of put that ride..
I will try riding it 1 more time on Friday during CM previews.

ToTBellHop

This is clearly not what Disneyland needed--it is basically the first new ride since at least 1998...but, it does mean one good thing for Disneyland--Cynthia Harriss and basically the entire management team at Disneyland will be fired soon...Jay Rasulo was already pretty ed at them, so I think this will be the end for them, and maybe the ride will close and reopen for the holidays as a much better ride. Think Journey Into Your Imagination. From the videos I saw, the ride looks "cute"...but it's certainly no reason for more guests to rush to Disneyland...and it certainly isn't good enough to support the new pooh retail mall that will soon be opening...at least they can brush this off and say the Tower of Terror is their really BIG project...and hope it is as incredible as the Imagineers say it is...I just hope they don't make the Light Magic mistake and close pooh for good w/ no replacement (Light Magic could have been fixed...)

CalDisney

You Know what??
We All have a Complaint!
But Lets be real... Who is the Ride Really Made for??
Us Adults? Or Children Who are going to love this ride:)
When I got off the Ride I heard a Kid say to his Dad..
I loved it I wanna go again.

DCA Fan

I dunno CalDisney, I guess we're getting mixed results as always. I've heard from kids "I want to go again." to "This ride sucks."

I agree w/ DogsRule, this ride was not what DL needed. While kids may be enthused to go ride it a few times, it quickly gets old. Certainly it has the quaintness of the Fantasyland darkrides, but it's not worth riding multiple times.

On a sidenote, construction for Playhouse Disney continues. This is not what DCA needs either. Have you seen the new sign they installed in place of the old "ABC Soap" sign? Yeah, looks like they put a *lot* of budget into that thing.

CalDisney

I dunno CalDisney, I guess we're getting mixed results as always. I've heard from kids "I want to go again." to "This ride sucks."

I agree w/ DogsRule, this ride was not what DL needed. While kids may be enthused to go ride it a few times, it quickly gets old. Certainly it has the quaintness of the Fantasyland darkrides, but it's not worth riding multiple times.

On a sidenote, construction for Playhouse Disney continues. This is not what DCA needs either. Have you seen the new sign they installed in place of the old "ABC Soap" sign? Yeah, looks like they put a *lot* of budget into that thing.
Sorry:( I didn`t see it yesterday
It was very Crowded and hot
I really wasnt looking at the sign
I will check it out this Friday when we go for CM previews.
And Yes I still agree that Pooh isnt the Greatest Ride
I only know that I heard 2 different kids say they loved it.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by CalDisney
Sorry:( I didn`t see it yesterday
It was very Crowded and hot
I really wasnt looking at the sign
I will check it out this Friday when we go for CM previews.
And Yes I still agree that Pooh isnt the Greatest Ride
I only know that I heard 2 different kids say they loved it.
It's a cheap billboard--granted it fits in on Hollywood Boulevard, it doesn't seem like anything grand--paired with the fact that this show will only hold 500 guests at a time, a horribly low capacity (even if they had a show every hour from 10 am to 9 pm--12 shows--that would only be 6000 guests; Aladdin sees that many guests in three shows, and it still sells out). These two attractions will seal Cynthia's fate...

CTXRover

Disneygeek.com has a short review on the new Pooh ride in which he says that he really enjoyed the ride and found it superior to the WDW version. I realize that everyone has their own opinion, but I thought I would point out that some people do in fact enjoy it also.

I probably won't be able to ride it myself for several years, but it seems like a very bright and nice fantasyland-type darkride from photos (I realize it isn't in fantasyland at DL though). I hope that this new ride doesn't turn out to be a disaster. If it is similar to WDW's, then it should have a very healthy line.

JLW11Hi

I like the one at WDW, so if it isn't much different, I would enjoy it too. Plus, for all the Disney purists, it isn't taking over Mr Toad... It look pretty neat to me. I still think Roger Rabbit is my favorite dark ride, though.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
I like the one at WDW, so if it isn't much different, I would enjoy it too. Plus, for all the Disney purists, it isn't taking over Mr Toad... It look pretty neat to me. I still think Roger Rabbit is my favorite dark ride, though.

While it didn't replace Toad, it replaced an arguably more beloved attraction, the Country Bear Jamboree (or Country Bear Playhouse)

RU42

Thanks to the original poster!

I am disappointed. I think the ride looks cute, but cute just doesn't cut it for Disney. I was hoping for something so much more, not just a rip off of what I saw when I was in WDW last year.

I feel the same way about this as I do about Food Rocks vs Kitchen Kabaret. KK was fun, lively, a real Disney experience. Food Rocks is a cheap knockoff.

Is it just me or do the Honey Pots look like doctored up Rocket Rods?

Anyway...will i enjoy this ride? I am sure I will. Will my kids drag me on it endlessly. Yep. But I just wish Disney loosed up the purse strings just a little more and added some of that Disney touch that draws us back time and time again. DL caters to the huge local repeat market - ToT will be a big drawer. This one will not, but could have been.

RU

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by RU42
Anyway...will i enjoy this ride? I am sure I will. Will my kids drag me on it endlessly. Yep. But I just wish Disney loosed up the purse strings just a little more and added some of that Disney touch that draws us back time and time again. DL caters to the huge local repeat market - ToT will be a big drawer. This one will not, but could have been.

RU

Right. But, keep in mind, the current management will be gone within weeks or months, which will end the Disneyland Resort's 5 year stand-still.

RU42

And with a management change, hopefully they will get somone in there to accomplish something.

Anyone know where to turn in my resume for the job.

RU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom