Window treatment?

Mongomil

Original Poster
So does anyone else decorate there window during a holiday season?? We leave in just a couple days and are packing all the Halloween stuff can't wait!!!! This is what we did during our Christmas trip but we drove that time so I could bring my pins.

Attachments

• DSC04056.JPG
    DSC04056.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 179

AndrewsJ

I never have but I love seeing the decorated windows. Your pin flag is really cool! Did you buy that or make it?

Mongomil

Original Poster
Never knew people decorated their windows while vacationing at WDW, what a neat idea!!
Ya I have fun with it. We are flying this time so weight is a little more of an issue this time so no pins. We just bring mostly things we don't want to bring back so it adds room for the flight home.

JIMINYCR

We started doing this several trips ago. We printed off a bunch of Jiminy Cricket pages in various poses and taped them to our window panes. Adding different shots as the days continued. We also added decorations inside around the room. When we had friends visiting we just had to tell them to look for the room with the decorated windows. Coming back from the parks at night we immediately spotted our room from a distance because it stood out from among the rest. The mousekeepers also have mentioned they liked the decorations.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've decorated with window clings (I put some on the window and some on our bathroom mirror) and a small table top Christmas tree when we have gone during the holidays. I made ornaments from stickers and pipe cleaners so they would be light weight during travel and I wouldn't have to worry about them getting broken.

I haven't been during Halloween but window clings would be fun.

AndrewsJ

We started doing this several trips ago. We printed off a bunch of Jiminy Cricket pages in various poses and taped them to our window panes. Adding different shots as the days continued. We also added decorations inside around the room. When we had friends visiting we just had to tell them to look for the room with the decorated windows. Coming back from the parks at night we immediately spotted our room from a distance because it stood out from among the rest. The mousekeepers also have mentioned they liked the decorations.
You can't go wrong with Jiminy Cricket! He is my favorite!

EvilQueen-T

We did Christmas lights and a small 3 ft (I think it was) Christmas tree when we were insane enough to go over Christmas 8 years ago. We had a pink tree with little glass slippers and princess ornaments on it. We were staying at French Quarter and drove so it was easy to bring stuff.

WhenYouWish

This was our window at Pop just a few weeks ago! :happy:
image.jpeg
We usually stay in the value resorts, so we've seen so many cute creative windows in the past. This time we decided to give it a go ourselves. I got everything from Party City & the dollar store. It was a lot of fun to plan and set up (we just used suction cup hooks on the window)! Nice to return "home" from the parks each night to this greeting (my hope is the message brought cheer to other guests passing by too ^_^). If you have the time & space in your luggage for the decorations I definately recommend giving it a try!

kimberlymautz

This was our window at Pop just a few weeks ago! :happy: View attachment 161413 We usually stay in the value resorts, so we've seen so many cute creative windows in the past. This time we decided to give it a go ourselves. I got everything from Party City & the dollar store. It was a lot of fun to plan and set up (we just used suction cup hooks on the window)! Nice to return "home" from the parks each night to this greeting (my hope is the message brought cheer to other guests passing by too ^_^). If you have the time & space in your luggage for the decorations I definately recommend giving it a try!

That's so cute! Mine definitely won't be that good in a couple of weeks, but I'm going to do my best! Haha.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This was our window at Pop just a few weeks ago! :happy: View attachment 161413 We usually stay in the value resorts, so we've seen so many cute creative windows in the past. This time we decided to give it a go ourselves. I got everything from Party City & the dollar store. It was a lot of fun to plan and set up (we just used suction cup hooks on the window)! Nice to return "home" from the parks each night to this greeting (my hope is the message brought cheer to other guests passing by too ^_^). If you have the time & space in your luggage for the decorations I definately recommend giving it a try!

Cute!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have tubs and I mean tubs (the large storage kind) full of Disney Halloween and Christmas decorations. I usually take a box of decorations with us when we travel during those times of the year. We will be doing Halloween at both Disney and Uni next month - staying at Uni, but going over to Disney for MNSSHP - so our villa at Uni may be Disney Halloween. Sorry, Loew's. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom