Willy Wonka in WDW: Yea or Nay?

Willy Wonka in WDW: Yea or Nay

• Total voters

Matt7187

I've a full Alton Towers Resort tour on my spin off YouTube page (same screen name) though it was initially blocked in the US due to audio copyright. If its still blocked PM me if you like.

The Thirteen drop is....nice. The overall effect could be better but the drop tech is promising. The actual drop isn't that much. As soon as you realise its a drop the system is starting to slow the track down. Nothing like ToT for arguments sake. Goto about 1.15 here

to see the drop offride with lights on.

I believe Gringotts won't feature this type of drop. Whilst cars will change level, it will be a first of its type track switch with vertical rotation whilst cars are on it.

Was that guy in the video faking that scream or was he really scared? Either way, it was really funny!

Cmdr_Crimson

I Think Mr. Wonka Can say it better...
3r01rw.jpg

bethymouse

Love the Gene Wilder version.;) It's a great movie, so it may fit somewhat into DHS. The boat ride would be kinda cool.:cool: The "Wonka Wash" would be neat too.:cool: Many of the scenes in this movie could be turned into ride experiences/attractions.:) I just don't see it at Disney though.;)

Jo DeVil

Sorry No the Gene Wilder version is pants! I have been brought up reading Roald Dahl, and even as a Kid that version has always wound me up. No where in the Book does Charlie Bucket and Grandpa Joe do anything wrong there is no Levitation soda and it total goes against everything Roald Dahl wrote about, good children get rewarded and bad children get punished and Charlie would not have been given the factory. Sorry but that has touched a raw nerve and a childhood peeve! and whilst I am on one Veruca Salt is taken by Squirrels that check nuts there is nothing about golden chocolate eggs!!!!!! SORRY but it had to be said. TTFN Jo

Bairstow

Sorry No the Gene Wilder version is pants! I have been brought up reading Roald Dahl, and even as a Kid that version has always wound me up. No where in the Book does Charlie Bucket and Grandpa Joe do anything wrong there is no Levitation soda and it total goes against everything Roald Dahl wrote about, good children get rewarded and bad children get punished and Charlie would not have been given the factory. /quote]

But that was just weak writing on Dahl's part because it meant Charlie had no real arc.
Rather than being "good" only be about following the rules, Charlie's real test of character in the 1971 film is resiting the temptation to betray Wonka to his competitors, even when Wonka has already spurned him and when such betrayal might mean the salvation of his family. Dahl might not have liked it, but Seltzer's changes improved the story significantly.

Jo DeVil

But that was just weak writing on Dahl's part because it meant Charlie had no real arc.
Rather than being "good" only be about following the rules, Charlie's real test of character in the 1971 film is resiting the temptation to betray Wonka to his competitors, even when Wonka has already spurned him and when such betrayal might mean the salvation of his family. Dahl might not have liked it, but Seltzer's changes improved the story significantly.
Sorry no I don't agree with that, the story was what the author wanted it to be it was not weak writing, Charlie is as he wanted him to be, and wanting Charlie to have a test of character as you have suggested, is just making things up and adding them to the story. I feel it is a major pain with Hollywood is if the original writings don't fit their mould then change it no matter what it does to the story. For you the story that way fits better within your ideals, that's fine I except that, but I like the way all of Roald Dahl's books are written, Yes they are idealistic but they are children's books, which are two sides Good and Bad, that is all, no depths of bad, why they were bad and what is an expectable reason for doing bad. it is black and white and that is that. Had he wanted them to have the depth of reasons then they wouldn't have been written as children's books. They would have been the Tales of the Unexpected! TTFN Jo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom