Will they kick me out for sleeping in the Carousel of Progress?

okcthunder

Original Poster
Now hear me out I like the attraction and all but it is a rotating theater that constantly moves, right? So I am going the 24 Hour Party in May and I just think this would be a perfect place to get some shut eye!

Figaro928

It doesn't constantly move. I believe it stops for each scene.

Sleeping there? you wouldn't be the first nor the last by any measure! Just don't snore too loud

Tom

Beta Return
Sleeping through one revolution, no problem, sleeping through multiple without waking, this may draw some attention.

Right, you can sleep through one cycle as much as you want, as long as you don't snore. But the CMs will likely have you get out when they clear the theater each time. Or, if it's not busy and it's the middle of the night, they might not care - especially if you're not bothering anyone.

rct247

If you ask the CMs, sometimes they will let you "reride" COP by staying in the exit theater and even getting to ride it to the load area without having to get back "in line". That said, if they walk in and find someone sleeping, they are inclined to wake you up to ensure that you are essentially not passed out or dead.

There is also a chance that it may not be open for the entire 24 hours. In the past 24 hour events, some attractions close early due to demand and maintenance. I forget if Carousel of Progress was one of those.

Also in a 24 hour time period, I can almost guarantee you that there will be an instance of people leaving the theater causing the attraction to miss a couple rotations. If that occurs there is a chance of it being evac'd to essentially start all over with guests. If they do that, you will have to leave anyways.

If you are going to do it, tell a CM what you are doing.

belledream

i know it's really loud, but the best ride for a nap would probably be the Ellen's Energy Adventure. It's 45 min long and moves very slowly :)

edit - just realized the 24 hr party is at Magic Kingdom :/
I do this every time. It works - just hard to figure out where you put your neck/head :p

Best place in EPCOT IMO is The American Adventure! I did not realize how long that show was until I woke up feeling super refreshed! ;)

pixiesteno

I have not planned on sleeping in the COP but it has happened. I found that I dozed off until they turned the scene and then I would go right back to sleep. The only concern I had was that I was on a solo trip and thought that randomly falling asleep in the MK might not be the best idea so I went back to my room and crashed for a couple of hours. It is a nice place for a break and the HOP is okay but can be a bit loud. have a great trip.

okcthunder

Original Poster
Okay so I won't be able to sleep on Ellen's ride because we'll just be at the Magic Kingdom the whole day so is COP the best option for shut eye? TTA is closed while were down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom