Will any Frozen related stuff be in parks this October?

Aurock

Original Poster
We're going to WDW for the first time this October. I see that there's a "Frozen Summer Fun" event going on now at DHS, but it's scheduled to end on 9/28. When we arrive a few days later, will there still be anything frozen related (rides, shows, characters, etc), or will everything Frozen be gone?

Cmdr_Crimson

I think you'll be okay. Sir Mickey's adjacent to Princess Fairytail Hall in Fantasyland has been selling Frozen Merchandise even before the Studios had their summer event..

Aurock

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I figured there will be plenty of merchandise available with frozen themes. I was thinking more along the lines of Shows, Rides, Characters, that sort of thing. (Again, my first visit to Disney, so maybe there aren't any frozen themed rides yet.) I gather that the Frozen sing along show will end with the summer event, but what about things like the Anna/elsa meet & greet?

Cmdr_Crimson

Thanks for the reply. I figured there will be plenty of merchandise available with frozen themes. I was thinking more along the lines of Shows, Rides, Characters, that sort of thing. (Again, my first visit to Disney, so maybe there aren't any frozen themed rides yet.) I gather that the Frozen sing along show will end with the summer event, but what about things like the Anna/elsa meet & greet?

As of now Frozen Summer fun Ends at the End of September..
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/frozen-summer-celebration/

Figaro928

I believe there still is a Meet & Greet with both Anna &Elsa at the Magic Kingdom. They are also featured in the Magic Kingdom's Festival of Fantasy Parade.

For the Meet and Greet either show up super early or try to get a Fastpass because the line can get ridiculously long. Have a great visit!

Aurock

Original Poster
I believe there still is a Meet & Greet with both Anna &Elsa at the Magic Kingdom. They are also featured in the Magic Kingdom's Festival of Fantasy Parade.

For the Meet and Greet either show up super early or try to get a Fastpass because the line can get ridiculously long. Have a great visit!
Thanks. Fastpass for the Meet & Greet isn't available for me to choose, I assume because I missed the beginning of the 60 day window and they are all taken. We'll have to see how long the wait is and how bad the kids want to do the meet & greet when we get there.

StarWarsGirl

I wouldn't be surprised if some of it is exteneded. The sing along has been imensely popular, as has wandering Oaken's, where you can find all Frozen merchandise. Wouldn't be surprised if either of those stays, but keep checking back, either on the main page or the forums of this site or directly with Disney, for more information. Norway's shop has a lot of Frozen stuff. There's also an exhibit in the Stave Church about how Norwegian culture influenced Frozen. You can also find Frozen merchandise on Main Street and in Fantasyland. The hardest piece of merchandise to find has been Olaf plushes. As of right now, they are widely available in DHS; however, that could change. Sven I can't find at all, even in Oaken's. As others have said, the meet and greet is still there, but get there early and hit it first.

StarWarsGirl

I hope you're right! We'll be there at the end of October (having just been there mid-June) and it is so frustrating that we'll be missing the "Frozen" events. Keeping my fingers crossed for extensions!
I'm currently in WDW and went in mid June as well. The change over to more Frozen stuff has been very pronounced. In June, I couldn't find any Frozen stuff. August, there's no escape. It's so popular that my guess would be that they would extend it.

Gullywhumper

Probably, considering how much of a hit the movie has been!

Edit: Not big enough of a hit for them to have to change Norway, though. :p

Dafid Duck

I am reading throughout Twitter that American idol closing will be linked to a permanent frozen sing a long show...

There are rumors saying that the Frozen sing-a-long will be staying after the frozen summer fun events finishes. No idea on any other parts of the event.

There are all kinds of rumors over what will happen to Frozen in the fall. We are going in December and hoping for Frozen events then as well. To me, it makes sense to put the sing-a-long in the former American Idol studio. I'd also like Elsa to frost Cinderella's castle.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I have friends who work in Wandering Oaken's Trading Post for the time being and they have been told not to expect to return to their home locations until January as there's a pretty big chance it's going to stay through the winter months. At the very least there will still be the merchandise in Sir Mickey's, the meet and greet at Magic Kingdom, and the limited merchandise that they carry in other stores across property. There's also a Frozen segment in Celebrate the Magic and Anna and Elsa appear in the Festival of Fantasy parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom