Wilderness Lodge - SERIOUSLY????

captainkidd

Original Poster
Haven't seen this posted yet, but in today's update of "What the hell is Disney thinking?", it was announced that the former Trout Pass bar by the main pool is to be converted into a hair salon.

NiarrNDisney

Well it is a Deluxe resort so adding more amenities and services much like a salon/spa certainly makes it more appealing to the guests that don't have as easy access (short walk or monorail ride from CR and Poly) to the hair and spa services available at Senses Spa and the Hair salon at the Grand Flordian.

captainkidd

Original Poster
Well it is a Deluxe resort so adding more amenities and services much like a salon/spa certainly makes it more appealing to the guests that don't have as easy access (short walk or monorail ride from CR and Poly) to the hair and spa services available at Senses Spa and the Hair salon at the Grand Flordian.

A spa would make more sense to me, though that location is just silly. Just can't imagine anyone staying at the Lodge deciding "what the heck. I've been meaning to get my hair done. I'll go down to the salon outside next to the pool."

Just expand Sturdy Branches into a spa.

ToTBellHop

Odd location but they have a nicer bar around the corner. I do think this is the first case of a feature pool not having a bar though.

I believe the plan is to ask guests to go over to the splash pad to rinse after shampooing.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
A spa would make more sense to me, though that location is just silly. Just can't imagine anyone staying at the Lodge deciding "what the heck. I've been meaning to get my hair done. I'll go down to the salon outside next to the pool."

Just expand Sturdy Branches into a spa.

It's not a big workout facility as it is. Disney would have to expand the footprint of the Boulder Ridge building to have a decent sized spa.

Turning Trout Pass into a spa is an excellent idea. A hair salon, not so. If people need those services, they can use the one at the GF.

bunnyman

WL has become my family's "go to" resort. I have very few complaints about the resort. One I DO have however is the lack of deck space around the pool. They'd be better off razing the structure and replacing it with chairs.

They can't raze that building, it actually contains the pump equipment for the main pool.

Jon81uk

Seems like a good idea, wrong location, especially for hair cutting. manicures, pedicures maybe hair wraps are OK.

What I am wondering though is what will happen to the former Cubs Den space. The Reunion Station behind Geyser Point bar is a new kids activity centre and Cubs Den no longer appears on the map (see below).
I would have expected then the old Cubs Den space to be used for a salon and Trout Pass to either remain as a bar or be demolished, although I think I read some of the pool filtration is in the building so it probably can't be demolished.

WL-Map-NewL.jpg

captainkidd

Original Poster
I've never understood the allure of getting your hair done on vacation. Don't most people go to the same hair stylist at home? What would make someone decide to spend some of their vacation time at Disney spending twice as much money on getting their hair cut?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I've never understood the allure of getting your hair done on vacation. Don't most people go to the same hair stylist at home? What would make someone decide to spend some of their vacation time at Disney spending twice as much money on getting their hair cut?

Consider the demographics of the average Deluxe category visitor, they are not as a whole ones to consider just tossing on a clean bowling shirt/shorts and calling it good. For example my wife plans and packs at least two outfits a day for each of our visits consisting of light outdoor wear (shorts and polos) as well as slacks/dresses and dress shirts/blouses for dinner. I wear boots as much as tennis shoes in the parks. Its what fits in your normal routine that Disney is attempting to provide, for some it includes regular visits to hair care establishments.

I get my hair cut every week with a #2 and #3 guard, it grows that fast.

Sans Souci

A lot of people get married at WDW. The bride, her bridesmaids, mother of the bride, etc. might avail themselves to this service, especially if there are staying at WL.

captainkidd

Original Poster
A lot of people get married at WDW. The bride, her bridesmaids, mother of the bride, etc. might avail themselves to this service, especially if there are staying at WL.

My wife and I got married at the Polynesian. I wore a hat to the parks that day, took it off, and threw some Aveda in it before the ceremony. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom