Wilderness Lodge main building construction

deeevo

Original Poster
Just got back from a weekend stay and the whole half of the building was shut down. I know about the WLV construction but I can not find info on the WL main building. I search through the permits as well and I could not find anything. Anyone know how long it might last?

Thanks

Jon81uk

Just got back from a weekend stay and the whole half of the building was shut down. I know about the WLV construction but I can not find info on the WL main building. I search through the permits as well and I could not find anything. Anyone know how long it might last?

Thanks

Not sure, but there is specualtion that some rooms are being converted to DVC studios. I would guess the wing will be closed for most of 2016

JohnByers

converting rooms to DVC

As someone who has been looking serious into DVC myself I find myself wondering why. Is DVC demand so much higher than normal room reservations there that they made the move? I've never stayed there and DW and I are planning on it soon renting points to check it out but I was always under the impression this resort was regularly full.

ninjaprincesst

Where are the rooms located that are being converted to DVC?
I would guess they are mostly woods view rooms because I was doing pricing for our November trip it would only give you prices for courtyard view bunk beds and not woods view.I wish there was some info out on this because we will have a first timmer this trip and that Wilderness Lodge Lobby was one of the things I couldn't wait to show him.

wdwfan100

I would guess they are mostly woods view rooms because I was doing pricing for our November trip it would only give you prices for courtyard view bunk beds and not woods view.I wish there was some info out on this because we will have a first timmer this trip and that Wilderness Lodge Lobby was one of the things I couldn't wait to show him.

Thanks. I am assuming it is the rooms that face the existing villas, but don't know for sure. I am curious to know how many and where they are.

jenos0524

I get updates on Facebook from
Humphrey's Unofficial Wilderness Lodge Pages
https://www.facebook.com/Unofficialwildernesslodgepages/?fref=ts

A lot of visitors have been sharing the info. I have a woods view booked for August, But not am debating on switching it to Poly or AKL. I am hoping for a decent discount to come out that I can switch without having to pay any more money. I was ok with the pool being re-done and having some paths and the beach walled off. but it looks like any outside room will have a view of construction, and the lobby has half of it boarded up. (IMO it looks bad they should have kept the walls away from lobby view so you wouldn't see them from the ground)

ninjaprincesst

I get updates on Facebook from
Humphrey's Unofficial Wilderness Lodge Pages
https://www.facebook.com/Unofficialwildernesslodgepages/?fref=ts

A lot of visitors have been sharing the info. I have a woods view booked for August, But not am debating on switching it to Poly or AKL. I am hoping for a decent discount to come out that I can switch without having to pay any more money. I was ok with the pool being re-done and having some paths and the beach walled off. but it looks like any outside room will have a view of construction, and the lobby has half of it boarded up. (IMO it looks bad they should have kept the walls away from lobby view so you wouldn't see them from the ground)
Thanks for that, this is the only info i have found on the main lodge!

kbmb

Couple of questions for those that have been to the WL to see everything, as we usually go in August each year.

With the entire right side of the building being shut down and blocked off:
- Does this impact the gift shop?
- Does this impact the walkway to the buses?
- Does the resort actually feel less crowded because there are less people? FYI, WL never really feels crowded to us, but there are times when the lobby is bumpin' and there are no tables at the Fork.

As for the general construction - does it bother you? We don't typically use the pool, or care about the view. We are there to lay our heads down.

Thanks for any help. At this point we are looking at either the WL or the Boardwalk for this August.

-Kevin

Couple of questions for those that have been to the WL to see everything, as we usually go in August each year.

With the entire right side of the building being shut down and blocked off:
- Does this impact the gift shop?
- Does this impact the walkway to the buses?
- Does the resort actually feel less crowded because there are less people? FYI, WL never really feels crowded to us, but there are times when the lobby is bumpin' and there are no tables at the Fork.

As for the general construction - does it bother you? We don't typically use the pool, or care about the view. We are there to lay our heads down.

Thanks for any help. At this point we are looking at either the WL or the Boardwalk for this August.

-Kevin
No impact to the gift shop or buses. I was there in Jan and Feb and it is less crowded than usual as half the rooms are closed due to the construction. There is some construction noise around the pool right now, but it wasn't overly distracting. We are going to have more updates and pictures on the construction on our FB site.

kbmb

No impact to the gift shop or buses. I was there in Jan and Feb and it is less crowded than usual as half the rooms are closed due to the construction. There is some construction noise around the pool right now, but it wasn't overly distracting. We are going to have more updates and pictures on the construction on our FB site.

Humphrey - that's great news. Will be checking out your updates on FB.

We ended up booking our August trip at the WL anyway. Look at it as a bonus - less people!!!

-Kevin

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sitting in my room at WL Villas, carb loading for my Princess 5k tomorrow. You can no longer walk from the Villas over to the main lodge using the route that ends up at the pool bar, due to the construction on that wing of the Lodge. Thanks, Disney. Now I have to go out the front door, walk up to the Lodge, past the gift shop, through the lobby, etc., just to get my margarita. When all I HAD to do in the past was walk out the back door, stroll along the sidewalk and tada, I'm at the bar. :mad:

We stayed at WL last Spring. I don't think they were working on the new villas yet. The pool was still fully functional and the beach was open, so was the entrance to the trail. There was scaffolding everywhere and a lot of work was being done on the section closest to the boat launch. It appeared that those rooms were not in use. What we experienced was minor compared to what's happening now but I found it disruptive even then. I just hope that when all of the work is complete, Wilderness Lodge as a whole has the same feel that it did before. This was a unique property with a relaxing and restorative vibe. As a guest you could experience being in the heart of Disney but yet feel secluded from the hustle and bustle, both at the same time. I'd love to go back but won't even consider it until the construction is done.

Sitting in my room at WL Villas, carb loading for my Princess 5k tomorrow. You can no longer walk from the Villas over to the main lodge using the route that ends up at the pool bar, due to the construction on that wing of the Lodge. Thanks, Disney. Now I have to go out the front door, walk up to the Lodge, past the gift shop, through the lobby, etc., just to get my margarita. When all I HAD to do in the past was walk out the back door, stroll along the sidewalk and tada, I'm at the bar. :mad:
Margaritas the night before a 5K? Maybe your path is blocked for a reason.
I kid.
Good luck tomorrow!!

kbmb

So question to those who know - what does it mean that they are converting an entire side of the hotel into DVC rooms? Will they be different than the rest? Will this impact normal bookings in the future?

-Kevin

DVC Mike

The whole South Wing of the Lodge is rumored to be converted to DVC villas. Some of these rooms will still be able to be booked through Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom