Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

Horizons1

Yes, adding for overflow. But for those of us who've considered the HS pool our home pool, its a heartbreaker to loose the 'quiet' aspect of the quiet pool. I was taught to improve on the best, not remove, and HS pool has so much going for it now, I can't imagine them improving upon it. It was as though the pool itself was the setting for a story:

Bridge like path at the 'welcome home' sign;
Bubbling 'springs' in both shallow and deep ends;
Beautiful, deep end;
Surrounded by trees - Hidden from view from most rooms, villas and the pathway.
You're just making me cry.

bunnyman

It doesn't look like any conversions are taking place that I could see, but in addition to the exterior work they are going through and painting/fixing up rooms. We were there 8/1 through 8/9, and as rooms around ours had check-outs crews moved in early in the AM and worked through the day. I saw them going room to room, and they were definitely painters. Heard some light hammering, but no major demo or power tools.

TCGatorSJU

Hi everyone. I was wondering if people could help with an opinion. I'm taking my wife and 2 yr old to Disney in December. My wife and I have been there twice for Christmas and have always said the next time we go, we wanted to stay at Wilderness since we love how they do the holidays. Is there any word of how much construction will be going on in December? We want to stay there but currently have POFQ booked as we were afraid the construction would ruin it. But if it is minimum work, we may switch back. Thanks

Jon81uk

Hi everyone. I was wondering if people could help with an opinion. I'm taking my wife and 2 yr old to Disney in December. My wife and I have been there twice for Christmas and have always said the next time we go, we wanted to stay at Wilderness since we love how they do the holidays. Is there any word of how much construction will be going on in December? We want to stay there but currently have POFQ booked as we were afraid the construction would ruin it. But if it is minimum work, we may switch back. Thanks

From what I've read, the main thing will be the leisure pool being closed. I wouldn't expect you would notice much else going on from what I've been reading?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You won't regret staying at WL in December! The lobby is absolutely breathtaking and there will be no interior construction to impact your stay. The main pool will be open. We have our December stay booked and can't imagine staying anywhere else during the holidays.

CaptainAmerica

Is POFQ the only other option you're considering? At the same price point, I'd switch to ALK instead of WL in an instant to avoid construction.

bunnyman

From what I've read, the main thing will be the leisure pool being closed. I wouldn't expect you would notice much else going on from what I've been reading?

Yeah, we were there earlier this month and the main pool area was already renovated this past winter with new seating areas, fencing, and a kids splash playground. As others have said, I think most of the work will be in the area of the quiet pool and the woods near the water where the new bungalows are going.

flavious27

I hate to see WL reduce the rooms available for non-dvc guests. I am fine with a cabin / bungalow addition, it adds a different type of accommodation to what dvc offers there. There there a heck of a lot of room in that area that can be used.

note2001

I hate to see WL reduce the rooms available for non-dvc guests. I am fine with a cabin / bungalow addition, it adds a different type of accommodation to what dvc offers there. There there a heck of a lot of room in that area that can be used.
I would expect it not to be any harder than it is now to grab a WL room, except of course at the holidays, and for it to only be harder to find discounted rooms. This of course depends on the number of rooms being converted. (I heard it was the wing by the villas, but not sure if it's all floors, or just the bottom 2, 3?)

We can all agree that Disney has overpriced all room across the board to the point that if a hotel isn't new and wildly popular, it will need discounts to fill the rooms. It's a shame that they just don't put the room price increases on hold for a decade while the world around them catches up. But, since they refuse to do so, taking those rooms that don't' get booked and moving them to DVC category is the next best thing to get cash into the mouse's pocket. I don't blame them for this. It is still possible to book the DVC villas with cash, or going through an owner.

Last edited:

flyerjab

After visiting someone at the Four Seasons Orlando over the weekend, WDW should hold off on all room rate increases for the next decade. It is ridiculous that they charge what they do when the amenities, rooms, pool area, spa, etc. are all a notch or two above what the Disney deluxes offer. I mean, it really isn't even a comparison, yet Disney still charges more (way more in some cases).

Now, I will offer up that you can't utilize your AP discount rate. Also, I can't think of a Disney resort where I can purchase 2 regular cokes for $24 (yes, that is correct), a T-shirt for $100 (yes, that is also correct) or a steak for $20 an ounce (a minimum of 4 ounces is required), with the obvious exception of V&As.

The real disconnect here is the price to stay on property. I don't see how Disney can continue to maintain such a high price point now that there is a Four Seasons on property (that is superior in amenities and service) that has room rates that are less than those at the Disney deluxe resorts.

Sorry for the thread drift.

What I will add that is related to the point of this thread is that I will be interested to see how these rooms are converted considering their small size. The oversized deluxe studios at the Poly are really nice, but the base size of the Poly rooms are much larger than those offered at the WL.

Next Big Thing

What I will add that is related to the point of this thread is that I will be interested to see how these rooms are converted considering their small size. The oversized deluxe studios at the Poly are really nice, but the base size of the Poly rooms are much larger than those offered at the WL.
We don't know the extent of what they plan on doing with the room remodel. They could very well reduce the number of rooms (as they did at the Poly) in order to make the base size "Deluxe Studios" larger.

worldfanatic

We don't know the extent of what they plan on doing with the room remodel. They could very well reduce the number of rooms (as they did at the Poly) in order to make the base size "Deluxe Studios" larger.

I think the Poly hotel rooms were already larger. Don't think they knocked out all the inside walls to make them larger.

worldfanatic

Yes, there was a reduction in rooms.
Not sure what exactly that space was used for.
But the actual room footprint size didn't change. That's a main reason no 1 or 2 bedroom options are available in those buildings.
It definitely does pose an issue for "reconverting" the smaller Wilderness Lodge rooms to DVC.

CaptainAmerica

The real disconnect here is the price to stay on property. I don't see how Disney can continue to maintain such a high price point now that there is a Four Seasons on property (that is superior in amenities and service) that has room rates that are less than those at the Disney deluxe resorts.
Because you clearly misunderstand why people stat at Walt Disney World resorts in the first place. They're not staying for amenities and service and a superior hotel. If that were the case, the Four Seasons would certainly be the better choice. It's a really really nice hotel that looks and feels... like a really really nice hotel. Wilderness Lodge is a quite nice hotel that looks and feels like a wilderness lodge. That's the difference. It's that robust theming that creates a sense of place and transports you to another world. That enhances the "bubble" vibe of WDW, which is what many people look for when escaping the "real world." The Four Seasons is gorgeous, but you'll never be fooled into thinking you're anywhere other than a really nice hotel in Orlando.

It's like... the Bizarro roller coaster at Six Flags New England is a "better" roller coaster than Space Mountain in terms of speed and thrills. But not once when you ride it are you transported to another place and time like you are when you're walking down the tunnel of Space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom