Wilderness Explorers @ DAK

GeorgiaPinesRJB

The rumor has been posted at Orlando united, it was started when a source at ILM said it was a possibility, along with a few other options. The whole rumor is several years, I repeat several years down the line, disney would like to have a Star Wars destination at all the parks. Coruscant-MK, Naboo-AK, Endor-HS, and Tattoine-Epcot.

I'm really not sure how I feel about that...

SirLink

Interesting. Seems a natural fit for a ride of sorts - a la TMAWP. That show mustn't have done too well.

More like the costumes needed constant repairing to my limited knowledge... I think the problem is when you start plopping down character specific attractions it personally destroys the feel ... I think you can do a lot when you have less Disney Synergy©

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
More like the costumes needed constant repairing to my limited knowledge... I think the problem is when you start plopping down character specific attractions it personally destroys the feel ... I think you can do a lot when you have less Disney Synergy©

I actually thought that Camp Minnie Mickey provided a way to have the characters without destroying the feel, because it kept the characters in one land. I always envisioned CMM as the "Disney's animals" section of the park. Asia and Africa focused on animals that could be found there, and CMM focused on animals that could be found in Disney stories. I used to think that eventually CMM would get a dark ride or two based on Disney animal-focused (particularly animals in nature, not animals as pets) movies -- Bambi, Lion King, Jungle Book, Aristocats, Nemo. Alas, it didn't go that way.

juniorthomas

I take it you're not a fan of BLSRS then

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
What located in Tomorrowland? Correct I'm not a fan would,but that entire land is a mess best name it Discoveryland and rip out those 'Toons

I'm gradually coming around to believing that Tomorrowland at WDW is now best described as something like "Fantasy-Tomorrowland" or "Sci-Fi Land", while Future World is the "Real" Tommorowland.

juniorthomas

I'm gradually coming around to believing that Tomorrowland at WDW is now best described as something like "Fantasy-Tomorrowland" or "Sci-Fi Land", while Future World is the "Real" Tommorowland.

I just see them all as "fun stuff to do" lands. The name doesn't take away from the entertainment provided.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I just see them all as "fun stuff to do" lands. The name doesn't take away from the entertainment provided.

Sure, there's fun stuff to do no matter what, but the theming is one of the the things that sets Disney parks apart from others. Messed-up theming doesn't make the attractions there any less enjoyable, but it does make the experience of being in the park/land less enjoyable.

juniorthomas

That makes a lot of sense. I think that BLSRS makes sense for Tomorrowland, on a very basic level. MILF, not so much. That one is definitely forced. Hopefully Lasseter will try to polish the parks up to make sure there is no loss due to theming-fail.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Inside the Magic has posted a preview of the Wilderness Explorer's coming to AK. It will have over 30 badges to collect. Link to article
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/05/wilderness-explorers.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Inside the Magic has posted a preview of the Wilderness Explorer's coming to AK. It will have over 30 badges to collect. Link to article
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/05/wilderness-explorers.jpg
Looks fun enough. Why do they only make that stuff for the 7-11 year olds?

I wanna play too!
tr35.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom