Wilderness Cabins

Disney Maniac

As the eldest of four kids, I know that accommodating six people comfortably for a long duration in a single hotel room is impractical and sometimes two rooms are too expensive. That's why I'm interested in the Wilderness Cabins at Fort Wilderness.

Has anyone stayed in one? Are they roomy, comfortable, and modern? Do they have maid service? Are they a good value or is it better to get two rooms at Caribbean Beach? Any and all information that anyone out there has to share would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I know that pets are welcomed at certain campsites for a nightly fee. Are they also allowed in the Wilderness Cabins? If not, how is WDW's kennel service? Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who responds!

kal1484

We have stayed there. And it is VERY nice. We only had five, but there was room for one more. The nice thing is that there is a kitchen, and 2 tvs. You still get maids services. I would pick the cabin over 2 rooms at Carribean. I'd rent a golf cart though, it's easier to get around.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The big difference is the setting. Everything is really at your fingertips at CB and you aren't in the middle of the woods there either. The cabins get maid service and are bigger. Personally I would go for 2 rooms but at French Quarter (and if it isn't open riverside). The theming and the amenities are just worth the extra expense.

OR

Try pricing the Villas at the Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge. They might end up costing the same as the cabins and are probably much nicer.

Upvote 0

2much2do

I don't know anything about the cabins, but I can tell you about the kennel. It is clean and the CM are animal lovers........however (and this is a big however in my book) they will NOT walk your dog for you. You will have to go there at least two, preferably three times a day to exercise and p:eek: :eek: p your dog! This takes away greatly from the time you can spend having fun. They are not allowed anywhere, so why bring him?

Upvote 0

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Try pricing the Villas at the Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge. They might end up costing the same as the cabins and are probably much nicer.

When we went there in August of 2000, we stayed at the BoardWalk Inn and had two connecting rooms...one for the kids and the other for the parents. That was a lot of fun...though we did run up quite the room service bill...

Anyway, one thing my parents want to try and do is stay at other places in the World, and as we've already graced the Contemp, G.F., Poly, BoardWalk, Y&B C, C.S., C.B., D.L., P.O., and a few off-props with our presence, there are few options left. (Yes, yes, I know about the All-Stars and the Homes Away From Home and the AKL, but this trip might be a spur o' the moment, seat o' your pants, less-than-two-weeks-of-planning-and-preparation trips. It all depends on the Market...)

Upvote 0

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Originally posted by 2much2do
You will have to go there at least two, preferably three times a day to exercise and p:eek: :eek: p your dog! This takes away greatly from the time you can spend having fun. They are not allowed anywhere, so why bring him?

Drat, drat, and double drat!:brick: :brick:

Yeah, that's not gonna work, as I have a very energetic and precocious (sp?) black lab. The last thing we'll need is to come back and walk her, as we'll never be able to keep up with her romping in the park(sic) after all our own rompings in the park...

I just thought it be nifty if they let the dogs in the Cabins, but then they'd have mauled maids, I'm sure, or—worse yet!—no maids at all!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Try to find a relative at home to watch the dog that is what we do. Taking a pet on vacation is such a challenge because of it's needs. It would be bad for you and your pet wouldn't like it either.

Upvote 0

Disney Maniac

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Try to find a relative at home to watch the dog that is what we do. Taking a pet on vacation is such a challenge because of it's needs. It would be bad for you and your pet wouldn't like it either.

Yeah, that's what we did last summer when we went to Toronto for two weeks. However, it's kinda hard to find a relative willing to spend that much time watching the pet, so we had my aunt and our cleaning lady (maid, if you will) tag-team watching her for the duration.

I figured as much that it wouldn't be enjoyable for the dog or as enjoyable for the family members of the human persuasion. But, darn it, wouldn't it be nice to come back to "home" after a long, yet thouroughly enjoyable day in the World and be greeted by your patient puppy? Or am I being overly romantic? (Yeah, probably that...):rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Lance

Disney Maniac,

Thinking about staying at the FW cabins with 6 people in your party is the right way to go. The cabins are the most under-rated accomadations in WDW and very affordable.

Like wdwprincess, I also always recommend renting a golf cart, always have to. You just park the car at the cabin and don't need to use it again until you leave FW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom