Why is Stitch's Great Escape still there?

acishere

I didn't love it, but it was better than nothing. It's was a good break from the heat in the summer. :)

Stitch, too, is better than nothing. I don't like it. It's terrible. But it's better than nothing. It's even better than a meet n greet.
I'd just rather wait in the gift shop or ride TTA while everyone else goes on Stitch. Those are much more enjoyable uses of my time.

lazyboy97o

I don't LOVE it, but Stitch is a very popular character and without this attraction he would not be well represented outside of character meet and greets. I wish they would do something more with him someday.
Why do characters need to be represented? That sort of thinking is why Stitch got shoved into a watered down attraction in the first place.

Florida_is_hot

Every time I go, done it.
Does not seem that bad too me.

Better than Alien Encounter, ever show got a screaming kid.
Better than Mission to Mars, which was just dull.

Mission to the Moon, never seen it.

WDWVolFan

Maybe replace the attraction to make it look like another one of the new gadgets Phineas and Ferb come up with...with a good story I can see how you can re-use it and re-brand Phineas and Ferb.

tl77

Is it conceivable that they could ever shut it down and bring back ExtraTERRORestrial? Such a great experience. I mean, that would not be an expensive re-do and would likely be more popular (at least among the segment of people who can tolerate it).

Of course, it goes completely counter the toddler oriented building they have done of late in WDW...

I think the "ExtraTERRORestrial" Alien got a make over and a new job at Tokyo Disney Sea's "Journey to the Center of the Earth"
disneysea_update_008ff.jpg

BobConnor

Original Poster
Because WDW has a problem supporting GREAT attractions like Imagination, and keeps junk like this alive out of habit, and crowd distraction.

The cure - fire a number of suits that have ceased to perform. It's not going to happen.

Or make them sit through Stitch's Great Escape. Which brings up the question, how many people go into it just to see how bad it is, as I might on my next vacation. What answer will I get here when I ask: Is Stitch's Great Escape really THAT BAD?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I remember reading a surprisingly solid idea on these boards regarding retheming it to Wreck-it-Ralph. Anyone remember that?

Voxel

President of Progress City
I think the "ExtraTERRORestrial" Alien got a make over and a new job at Tokyo Disney Sea's "Journey to the Center of the Earth"
disneysea_update_008ff.jpg
I am not sure about it. On multiple trips I have asked different cast members where the the original Alien is and the mass agreement is that the alien is still in storage at Walt Disney World and CM and still go and see it. I don't know how true that is but, and I take things with a grain of Salt many times, but I thought I would share.

NearTheEars

Or make them sit through Stitch's Great Escape. Which brings up the question, how many people go into it just to see how bad it is, as I might on my next vacation. What answer will I get here when I ask: Is Stitch's Great Escape really THAT BAD?

Nope, but it's way to late for you to make a clear judgement, so just skip it. It would have to be an attraction that would blow your mind at this point, which it is not. But it's not awful.

Again, poll some kids they seem to like it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am not sure about it. On multiple trips I have asked different cast members where the the original Alien is and the mass agreement is that the alien is still in storage at Walt Disney World and CM and still go and see it. I don't know how true that is but, and I take things with a grain of Salt many times, but I thought I would share.
Both Aliens Last I heard were still stored on property. Not that it matters though since JTTCOTE opened three years before AE closed...

Similar but not the same

image.jpg

rct247

Really the show isn't completely terrible. It was some cool special effects. The teleportation effect is pretty awesome. The Stitch animatonic is impressive. The cannons (when working) add to the show. The decor inside is nice and better than wood cutouts you see at other Magic Kingdom attractions. The capacity and location are good. Even the lead up to the main theater are perfectly ok (even in their watered down form for kids). It's just in that last main theater room where the build up to Stitch leads to somewhat of a let down. The "spit" and the "burp" are not really something everyone likes and the smell isn't great either.

Another reason for the let down is the design that makes it look like a ride. First people see a height requirement, next when they walk into the main theater they see restraints in a circular room with painting in some areas that makes it seem like it might spin. Even the sound effects upon teleporation sound like a jet engine reving up.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just goes to show that without a good show and script a great technical attraction doesn't always work.

Shoehorning it into an existing facility as a knee jerk reaction doesn't help either.

FrankLapidus

As a huge fan of Ridley Scott's Alien, I will always regret that the proposed Nostromo attraction was never built. It would have more than likely been even more out of place at MK than Alien Encounter but it could have been amazing while it lasted.

BobConnor

Original Poster
Which brings up the question: I can think of several ways to make a Stitch show more entertaining or at the very least, less obnoxious. If I can, why don't the imagineers modify the show? I know I will probably get criticized for some ideas I have but at the very least, could Disney not remove the restraints, not have the odor and maybe light some of the scenes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom