Why dont the planets spin in astro orbiter anymore?

mr snrub

Original Poster
I didnt really notice that much until grizz pointed it out in the thread about the new mk video (well, i noticed, but i was only there for a week and so I figured that it was only temporary.) So now that i needlessly beat around the bush, what's the deal? :xmas:

StevenT

Eisner needs a new house and car every week. This takes away money from the "Fix Astro Orbiter's Spinning Planets Fund."

ddbutts1

They haven't spun for quite some time. Another thing that we noticed is the globe(?) was missing from the Tomorrowland entrance sign is missing also.

General Grizz

The first time I haven't seen the planets move was last August. They have been motionless since, and it's really too bad.

Most of the lights don't work, either.

Come on Disney, why did you put off the January rehab for another year?? :brick: :brick: :brick:

I wanna see those planets a movin'!

BwanaBob

Grizz...

They've been down longer than that!

I remember talking about it a while ago...

searches show they've been down a LOOOOng time!

(I should know!...I did my own search before I posted almost 7 months ago!)

speck76

I noticed some burnt out lights, which should be somewhat easy to replace. With both Timekeeper closed, which doesn't really appeal to kids, and SGE under contruction, I understand not wanting yet another attraction to go down in that area. (Also, with IASW down, and Snow White down until recently...how many attractions can they realisticaly take down at once...esp to fix something that is simply decoration.)

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Does anyone out there have solid info on this question? I'm curious as to how much it really costs the company to operate this. It doesn't make sense to me that they can continue to expand the resort side of the business, and not place any emphasis on the details within the parks? Am I missing something here?

lamarvenoy

Get me a Home Depot account,a boom,and some tools....that puppy would be spinning and glowin' in no time:D If only they'd realize some of us go there for atmosphere and without that,what's the "Disney" difference. I'll bet all there cash registers work,why NOT the lights.

speck76

Originally posted by HennieBogan1966
It doesn't make sense to me that they can continue to expand the resort side of the business, and not place any emphasis on the details within the parks? Am I missing something here?

The resort side of the business makes them a lot more money than the spinning planets on the Astro-Orbiter. Also, they have not really done much to expand the resort side of the business lately.

BwanaBob

Originally posted by lamarvenoy
Get me a Home Depot account,a boom,and some tools....that puppy would be spinning and glowin' in no time:D If only they'd realize some of us go there for atmosphere and without that,what's the "Disney" difference. I'll bet all there cash registers work,why NOT the lights.

:D

:lookaroun

:D

se8472

I am 100% sure that it is something that can't be fixed that easy.

Could be anything down to the parts that are needed are just not made anymore.

Pixie Duster

Ok maybe this was just ignored the first time...

Tomorrowland currently has only has 6 out of 8 attractions operating, which may not seem like much, but if we then took Astro out in order to fix the planets then Tomorrowland would be a bit weak. Maybe once Stitch opens our planets will be spinning again.

BwanaBob

They've (we) had plenty of opportunities to fix them before everything went down for "re-hab".

I'm guessing they fell to the same fate as others...

Asthetics...doesn't add or hurt the attraction...less $$$...

lets leave 'em be.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by BwanaBob
They've (we) had plenty of opportunities to fix them before everything went down for "re-hab".

I'm guessing they fell to the same fate as others...

Asthetics...doesn't add or hurt the attraction...less $$$...

lets leave 'em be.

yep, that'd be my guess. sad, isn't it? :(

KevinPage

If we only had Al Lutz patrolling WDW property every week, then surely we would have had a 5 page dicertation on the conspiracy of Al Weiss's long lost cousin who didn't want the planets to be moving and how slowly over the years, planet by planet, they were turned off so people would not notice.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom