Why are all hotels sold out?

Melissa Strause

Original Poster
Hi all! So I'll be going to Disney World from Jan. 5-9 (made my hotel res a few months ago). Wanted to add another day to the trip, and just tried to book another hotel so I'd be leaving on Jan. 10. I searched it up, but for the 9-10th, every hotel but three is sold out (and as much as I love the parks, I'm not spending over $300 for a night). However, I was playing with dates and there's abailablity at every hotel for Christmas through New Years Eve, a period I thought would be much more popular than just a random day in January. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a reason all the hotels are sold out for the 9th? Thanks!

LSUxStitch

I know yesterday, the website was showing errors when trying to add to cart, but today it seems to be working fine.

There may not be any rooms left for the "deals", but try switching to room/tickets only package to see if there are any available then.

dreamfinder

Wow, didn't realize the marathons were that popular! Thanks anyway guys! :)

Figure 40k + registered runners for Marathon weekend in January. Thats going off the bib numbers for the 10k, 1/2, full, Goofy and Dopey, maybe add in another 2-3k for the 5k and then toss friends and family on top of that number. Lots of the runners stay on property to take advantage of the shuttles to/from the races/expo.

EvilQueen-T

Hi all! So I'll be going to Disney World from Jan. 5-9 (made my hotel res a few months ago). Wanted to add another day to the trip, and just tried to book another hotel so I'd be leaving on Jan. 10. I searched it up, but for the 9-10th, every hotel but three is sold out (and as much as I love the parks, I'm not spending over $300 for a night). However, I was playing with dates and there's abailablity at every hotel for Christmas through New Years Eve, a period I thought would be much more popular than just a random day in January. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a reason all the hotels are sold out for the 9th? Thanks!

double check through travelocity or similar sites. i was trying to find a room leading up to thanksgiving and the disney site showed nothing in the moderate resorts but i was able to book through travelocity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom