Who was the best Spaceship Earth narrator?

Figment632

Original Poster
Who do you think was the best?

Vic Perrin
Walter Cronkite
Jermey Irons
Judy Dentch

I dont remeber Vic Perrin so I will have to say Jermey Irons, I thought he was superb and that version of the ride was my favorite. Not that Judy is bad but the ride not having a desent dosent help, so I have to say Jermey Irons.

SirNim

Irons' narration was poetic. I'm biased; it's the only one I remember, so I'm sure if I were a few years older Cronkite's would be my favorite. Still, the poetry of Irons' narration makes it, I believe, the best.

EPCOT Explorer

I loved Cronkite, never saw Perrin...So it's Jeremy "Scar" Irons.:cool:

That opening line Like a grand and miraculous Spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time.... got me EVERY FREKAING TIME.:D

krankenstein

I have to go with Iron's, but I agree with Chape. If Dench's script had been better, she would win.

*still wants a Patrick Stewart version*

DisneyPrincess5

I'm going to have to go with Jeremy Irons as well. His voice did the attraction well. Judy Dentch is nothing to complain about now though.

Figment632

Original Poster
I'm going to have to go with Jeremy Irons as well. His voice did the attraction well. Judy Dentch is nothing to complain about now though.

Your right she is good but I just cant belive they would leave the ride with no desent, that may not be a good reason to diqualify her but the Irons script was better so ill stick with him.

kcnole

Oh what could have been had they gotten Patrick Stewart to do that narration. There's not a more perfect voice on the planet for that role than Patrick's.

yeti

Judi Dench/Judi Dentch/Judy Dench/Judi Dench and the new score makes the ride seems too light and happy, those touch screen cartoons don't help either. Irons and his music brought a beautifully dramatic feel to the ride that took the serious (and rightful) approach to the attraction. Just listen to the descent music! The new ride shows you some cool touchscreens at the descent, and makes you forget about the informative narrative you had listened to the past few minutes. Not to mention the word SIEMENS being subtly scribbled all over it.

Irons.

EpcotServo

I only rode what one once or twice...How well do you remember it?

Let me think....

Hmmmmm...it's been awhile since I watched that video...

:lol:

Older rides have always been carried on by our family, so the real answer is "I remember us quoting it quite often.To this day."

jedimaster1227

Oh what could have been had they gotten Patrick Stewart to do that narration. There's not a more perfect voice on the planet for that role than Patrick's.

I wholeheartedly agree with you there! :D

Since Patrick Stewart was dumped in favor of Judi Dench, I have to go with ultimate narrator, Jeremy Irons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom