Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Tom Staggs

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Kevin Mayer

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah Eisner and Wells were not both CEO, but the sentiment is still the same. Disney could split the CEO role into co-CEOs, many companies are doing that these days.
Indeed they should again…

They need like a “production” Guy and a “brand reinforcement” guy…

One the Hollywood dude and the other the money power broker.

Iger fancied himself both and in the end can’t hold it.

I want like Scott stuber and someone…maybe Adam silver does make a little sense?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can't trust anyone that Iger would appoint/hand off to.
It's not Iger's choice, but the Board's.

If in the past, the Board deferred to Iger... not any more. They publicly declared they have a headhunting subcommittee and a timeline.

Tho, all bets are off if Disney stock is in the 160s in two years. Then Wall Street won't give a damn about who's the CEO any more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, who do you think should be the next CEO of Disney?
I think you definitely need more than one. It’s gotten way too big and the company operated best with a division of labor at the top. Too unwieldy.

And you need some people in that - aghast 😱 - the gen X range…
…that can balance the cynicism that is growing (it’s like our medium…true masters)

Who that is? Not sure…
NOT a techie…at least not alone.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

If in the past, the Board deferred to Iger... not any more. They publicly declared they have a headhunting subcommittee and a timeline.

Tho, all bets are off if Disney stock is in the 160s in two years. Then Wall Street won't give a damn about who's the CEO any more.
Or we can get to it and recognize alot if not all the board needs the door…

Because it’s all Iger stoolies or techs types from the jobs period that have shown to be creatively void.
The board has been lacking for at least 10-15 years.
No succession plan were grounds for replacement alone. The consequences are on record now. They are not in a good spot in any segment.

Last edited:

celluloid

A cult of personality. I guess we will see if it will be more of the same or not.

Indy_UK

I like the idea of Kevin Feige but fear that Marvel will fall further into loosing more of what made it great.

I don’t know anything about Dana Walden but I think they’ll go with her

celluloid

No, but I don’t think someone from the parks division should be in charge of Disney overall, not after Bob Chapek's short, infamous tenure as CEO.

He was not a parks guy either. He was a consumer products guy and The Parks were.lumoed.into that, one of the worst things to happen to the resorts because they treated them like a marketed product rather than a service.

Universal did it right in the eyes of a theme park oriented business and fandom, they have a CEO of Comcast willing to experiment with investments and the chairman of the parks and resorts has been the top parks creative guy for decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom