WHo do you think is right?

SplashTrash6863

Not to long ago, I was talking to a friend, we worked together at BTM and Splash, and I was telling her about a trip to WDW that I am planning. I told her that I was going from Dec. 17 - 21. She then told me that the parks are going to be packed, but I don't think she is right. I think that the parks will be busy but not packed (my def of packed is like Christmas Day). I am thinking that we are going to miss the crowds by a day, or if we do catch them, they wil be there the day we leave. She thinks that the parks are going to be packed the whole time we are there. I know that we are going to have a great time no matter if the parks are packed or not. Anyway, I would like to know who do you think is right. I am right or is my friend? Thanks people!! :wave:

figmentmom

I'm no expert, but I think I can safely say that you're going to be there with a LOT of other people!!! Whether or not it's complete and total gridlock would depend, I'm guessing, on the school Christmas vacation breaks. Up here in the frozen north, many of our local school districts have school right up through December 23rd :brick: , so that might keep the long-distance travelers from an earlier Disney trip. I can't speak for school calendars from other parts of the country, though.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

The week between Christmas and New Years 12/25-1/1 is the busiest time of year at WDW. The week before should be average, with the weeks before that being some of the slower times of year at WDW.

Upvote 0

Shaman

Yup..what Dave said...and the last couple of years the parks have filled up to capacity during that period....especially Magic Kingdom and Epcot...New Years is worse than Christmas I think....

Upvote 0

swimmom

My daughter's school has Christmas break starting December 18th, and since we can't be away from home on Christmas, we will be in WDW the week before also. I can't speak from experience, but I was expecting the crowds to get bigger each day as it get closer to Christmas. :xmas:

Upvote 0

TURKEY

The way this year's been going, I would expect to see above average crowds for the week before Christmas, with the week following setting new records.

Upvote 0

Debbie

TURKEY said:
The way this year's been going, I would expect to see above average crowds for the week before Christmas, with the week following setting new records.[/QUOTE

Since Christmas Day falls on a Saturday this year; I was hoping to go the 14th (Tuesday) thru the 19th (Sunday). I figured the crowds would arrive Saturday and Sunday.
Turkey--are you thinking this week will be crowded also, even though school might not finish up until that Friday (and into the week of Christmas for some)? I was really hoping to go and enjoy a slow time, even taking my boys out of school the last three days, since there isn't any testing for them, nor homework.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Debbie,

The 14th-19th should be less crowded than the next week, but I wouldn't be suprised to see above average crowds for that week compared to the past few years.

Personally, if you can manage to take the kids out of school, I would go ahead and come that week, rather than the next.

Upvote 0

iowafan

my wife and i have been there the week before christmas 4 times and it was not crouded at all in fact we are booked dec17 -21 at por riverside this year. my inlaws live in orlando so we go to wdw for 5 nights and then spend the holidays with them. you will love it dont worry :xmas: :xmas: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Debbie

TURKEY said:
Debbie,

The 14th-19th should be less crowded than the next week, but I wouldn't be suprised to see above average crowds for that week compared to the past few years.

Personally, if you can manage to take the kids out of school, I would go ahead and come that week, rather than the next.

Planning this vacation is going to drive me nuts :hammer: . There is so much to consider; with school, being self-employed, and I would really like to bring my mother-in-law this time. My family hasn't vacationed since 8/99 and we have worked so hard for this. My MIL's health problems seem to be increasing and everytime the doctor calls; I'm reminded that my life can change at any minute. I want her to enjoy WDW one last time, since her legs are increasingly affected by diabetes, Coumadin(sp?), and a heart that was attacked by a virus. So I want this trip to be special for all involved; once she needs constant care, it's me who's going to be looked upon to quit work and be the nurses aide.
I almost bought a ticket yesterday for my 9 year old!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom