Whispering Canyon Cafe

donaldtoo

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious!!

Just to be clear, that's a pic I snatched from the Internet. The perp at our table was one of our friends sons. I have a pic, but, that was 2 phones ago and I have yet to put those pics on the phone I have now. :rolleyes:
Anyway, the whole thing was indeed pretty darn funny...even for the "perp"...! :)

Phonedave

We've been to 50's Prime Time, and we don't mind the antics of the wait staff at all, so we're good with that. I did see online somewhere where each table has a card that you place face up, one side or the other, which will let the wait staff know if you are into the fun, or you just want a quiet dinner-is this still in place there?

Sorry, no idea, I haven; eaten there in a number of years.

-dave

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
It's a must for our family. We have found we enjoy the skillets at breakfast more than those at dinner. I do have an unhealthy affinity for breakfast meats and Mickey waffles though so take that into consideration :)

MickeyMomV

We have eaten there several times and love the atmosphere. Depending on the mood your in, if you want to have fun and don't mind it being a little loud I would request the front/main dining room and if you want a little quiet I would ask for the back dining room. In our experience, even though there is just a walk way separating the two the dining experience can be a night and day difference. The last time we went they brought us to the back dining room and I told the cast member I was reluctant to be away from the main room and she assured me it would be the same atmosphere.... It was not. The waitress did her best but it was not the same.

Disney4family

We have eaten there several times and love the atmosphere. Depending on the mood your in, if you want to have fun and don't mind it being a little loud I would request the front/main dining room and if you want a little quiet I would ask for the back dining room. In our experience, even though there is just a walk way separating the two the dining experience can be a night and day difference. The last time we went they brought us to the back dining room and I told the cast member I was reluctant to be away from the main room and she assured me it would be the same atmosphere.... It was not. The waitress did her best but it was not the same.
I agree. We were seated in the back area last year. They called it the "library". It was very quiet - only 3 families. Honestly, my kids weren't in the mood to play so for us it was just a nice meal in a pretty restaurant. 99% of the people who go there, though, want the fun. It would be hard for a CM to do all that back there.

Minnie1986

We've been there 3 times and have always enjoyed it. We always get the all-you-care-to-enjoy Skillet. The food's not stellar, but, it's good, and the atmosphere has always been a hoot!
One of our party got put in "jail" for having their cell phone out on our last visit in June of '13...!!! :hilarious: :)
Hope y'all have a blast...! :)

whispering-canyon-cafe.jpg
This just made me LOL in the midst of a very stressful work day, so thank you so much for posting it!

righttrack

Our first meal at WDW during our upcoming trip will be dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It will be the first time in the three WDW trips we have taken that we will be eating a TS meal at a resort. Just wondering, for anyone who has been there, what your impressions were of it, and what menu item you would recommend. We are leaning towards the skillet, so we can share, if we get that, and maybe an app or something else.

The skillet is a LOT of food! You don't need anything else. You won't want anything else, lol.

Enjoy

I think you'll find the resort TS meals to be better than the park ones. Definitely do more of these (Boma, O'hana are MUST DO!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom