• Animal Kingdom Lodge

Votes: 42 50.6%
  • Split Stay Boardwalk Inn/Port Orleans French Quarter

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters

jaklgreen

Your rooms are not decorated and at most, you will be seeing the "festive" part just walking to your room. They all do something special to fit the theme of their hotels. I would just stay at POFQ and do a resort tour one day to check them all out. It's not like you will be just sitting in the lobby to enjoy the decorations for any length of time.

bennyw01

Split stay all the way, why turn up the ability to be walking distance from EPCOT and boat ride to Disney Springs, thats a dynamic I would sign up for every dang time.

MickeyLuv'r

I would say beyond what you have told us, you should decide based on how you plan to spend your time, how comfortable your mom is with the EVC on the bus, and how much you want to deal with split stays. Those are all personal choices that I don't think we can answer for you.

Many people are fine with loading a scooter on the bus, but some people would greatly prefer the convenience of being at the Boardwalk, still others find split stays not worthwhile. I happen to like split stays, but they are not for everyone. To make them work, we don't generally unpack. If your family likes to unpack, you might lose a fair amount of time to moving rooms.

If you do online check-in, and don't eat the hotel, you won't see much of the lobby holiday decor. If you wish to see decor plan to visit multiple hotels. Consider making dining plans at several hotels. POFQ pairs well with visiting Disney Springs.

JIMINYCR

I’d go with POFQ. I love WDW at Christmas and the decorations and festive atmosphere all over property is the best. Having a quieter resort atmosphere and better bus service will make for a more pleasant stay. Besides, after viewing the resort decorations a few times you’ll be walking past without much attention because nothing changes day to day. You can visit the resorts to view the different displays to see what uniqueness they offer.

DisneyWall-E

I voted POFQ with that being the options I was given. Beyond those I would suggest a resort on the Skyliner loop. My wife had to use an ECV for the first time last year found it vary easy to load and unload on the Skyliner. Much easier and less nerve-wracking than the bus.

heapster411

Wilderness Lodge is not available for our dates sadly.
Suggestion; Try renting points for you WL stay @ either CCV or BRV. The DW and I have stayed @ WL in the beginning of December, and the holiday vibe is special. Another added bonus, You can take the boat to MK and from there Monorail to Epcot. Just my $0.02!

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
It may not be elaborate as some of the resorts during the holidays, but POFQ still has lovely decorations and I don't think it's any less festive than Animal Kingdom Lodge or Boardwalk. Especially if budget is a factor, I think it's worth it to keep your reservation at French Quarter!

Hope you have a wonderful trip no matter what you land on ✨

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
Suggestion; Try renting points for you WL stay @ either CCV or BRV. The DW and I have stayed @ WL in the beginning of December, and the holiday vibe is special. Another added bonus, You can take the boat to MK and from there Monorail to Epcot. Just my $0.02!
Unfortunately it a bit last minute for DVC Rentals. Most resorts are booked up for Nov & Dec.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
We have a trip coming up this November/December. My mom wants the full Disney at Christmas experience. We are booked at POFQ but I think she'd like somewhere even more festive. I want to add my mom will be using an EVC. Both of us are nervous about using it with Disney Transportation. So I was leaning towards the Epcot resorts but our budget won't allow us to stay there the whole trip.
So final update! We will be split staying at AKL & POFQ. Very excited to see the AKL decorated for Christmas.

We have a trip coming up this November/December. My mom wants the full Disney at Christmas experience. We are booked at POFQ but I think she'd like somewhere even more festive. I want to add my mom will be using an EVC. Both of us are nervous about using it with Disney Transportation. So I was leaning towards the Epcot resorts but our budget won't allow us to stay there the whole trip.
We stayed at Port Orleans riverside in December. We had taken the monorail to the Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house.
You can take the WDW transportation to park hop to see the decorations and stay at a resort within your budget!

harryk

ÀKL puts in a huge Christmas tree. To be honest, Wilderness Loge supposedly delivers the best Xmas vibe, and is usually priced similar to AKL. Is there a reason you haven't considered that? Also consider renting DVC points if you want to do BW or Beach Club to get to Epcot easier.
All the deluxe resorts have huge Christmas Trees (except Boardwalk).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom