Which Value resort to choose

SteffieSunshine

I have stayed at the All Star Movies twice and both times, January 2009 and May 2011, we had shared busses. The stopped at Sports first, then Music, and we were always last being dropped off. In the mornings, I believe we had our own bus, but that I don't remember.

BigRedDad

We loved the AS resort by itself, but hated the bus system. It can take 15-30 minutes to just get going if you are at Sports. If you are at Music or Movies, you could wait longer because buses filled up at Sports. Pop is our favorite resort. We want to stay at AoA next.

We were there in September 2011 a week after Labor Day. Almost the whole time we had a shared bus. The ECV Brigade was ALWAYS the hold up. The people that had them knew they never had to wait. One person shows up on one, then there party of 50 gets to board first. We had one bus driver tell them the ECV would be loaded, but the rest had to wait for the next bus. Boy did that turn into a fight. But he was right. The bus didn't fit everyone that was already there.

Last edited:

micknminnie

We stayed at Sports in February and enjoyed it. We did not share a bus. We are going back August of 2017 and decided to stay at Pop mostly because (sounds silly) they have a better food court - there is way more variety.

PrincessRachelT

I would pick (in this order)
1. AoA Little Mermaid
2. Pop
3. All Star Resorts (Movies is my favorite of the three, for no other reason than theming)

crosswagon

Pop would be our first choice. We stayed at All Star Sports in June of 2007 and shared the buses. Not that big of an issue but we just love Pop Century. Tried the AofA the first year it opened and stayed in Little Mermaid rooms. They are closer to Pop Century than the AofA food court and transportation. We stayed 2 nights and moved to Pop. We would love to try a deluxe or even a moderate but in all honestly we can't justify the price especially if we want to squeeze out an annual trip. But the most important fact is that you are going to Disney; so enjoy!

Tom 55

I am another that votes for Pop Century over the All Stars. Same reasons as others. It has its own bus and is smaller so walk to and from bus is less. Also if you are up to it you can get off at AoA and just walk over to POP.

Attachments

• WDW-Resort-37.jpg
    WDW-Resort-37.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 37

Mickey5150

Well with all the hate here for All-Star Sports I am here to support my favorite resort on property. I have stayed at every value except for AoA and I will only stay at Sports. FIrst of all it is the cheapest priced resort. Second, although there may be shared busses, it is only at very specific times. You won't share a bus in the morning or night, but you MAY share a bus in the afternoon or when going to Disney Springs. Third is the fact the food court was recently refurbed and for the better. As far as crowds are concerned I am there every year for F&W, usually in early October, so I can't speak of all the time but I have never been bothered by any crowds at the hotel. I love the All-Star Sports and will be there again this October, staying in Surf's Up with a beautiful view of the pool.

DisneyDreamer08

Well with all the hate here for All-Star Sports I am here to support my favorite resort on property. I have stayed at every value except for AoA and I will only stay at Sports. FIrst of all it is the cheapest priced resort. Second, although there may be shared busses, it is only at very specific times. You won't share a bus in the morning or night, but you MAY share a bus in the afternoon or when going to Disney Springs. Third is the fact the food court was recently refurbed and for the better. As far as crowds are concerned I am there every year for F&W, usually in early October, so I can't speak of all the time but I have never been bothered by any crowds at the hotel. I love the All-Star Sports and will be there again this October, staying in Surf's Up with a beautiful view of the pool.

Love hearing this! We are staying at Sports the last week in Sept. We were originally in Pop but had to switch when free dining came out. A few days later, more availability came up for Pop but hubs wants to stay in Sports and save the $$. We have two little girls so I was a little worried about the theme. And I was worried about the bus sharing. I hope it all works out for the best!!

Mickey5150

Love hearing this! We are staying at Sports the last week in Sept. We were originally in Pop but had to switch when free dining came out. A few days later, more availability came up for Pop but hubs wants to stay in Sports and save the $$. We have two little girls so I was a little worried about the theme. And I was worried about the bus sharing. I hope it all works out for the best!!
Obviously Sports is themed to sports but it's still WDW so you will find some really cool touches. In the tennis area are statues of Donald and his nephews playing tennis, in baseball the pool has a goofy statue in the center, and if you walk straight back thru the resort you find Mount Mickey, a Mickey Mouse statue. Even the pictures in the room which show sports are all action photos of the characters
Disney does sports right.

TH88

I think the budget hotels are sufficient for there purpose. Our last stay was at AS Music Resort, and frankly it was great. Just what we needed, a clean, tidy, albeit basic room, given the fact we only spent about 8 hours in it per day (and most of that was sleeping). The food again was decent, we only ate breakfast at the hotel, but it was well stocked and the choice was good.
If staying at a budget hotel, there isnt a great deal 'extra' to do other than the night time movies & the pool. But hey, who goes to WDW to stay at the hotel?
Id happily stay at any of the other AS Resorts, or other budget hotels, they are just whats needed when exploring the magic WDW.

1stWDW96'

I stayed at the Pop-century with my girlfriend in June of 2015, we were in the 90's building. Though we were a long walk from the food court and stores, we did have a very short walk to the buses and we were very close to the laundry building. I loved the room as it easily accommodated 2 people. When we didn't go to the parks the resort itself was awesome to explore. I am currently planning another trip and I will most likely stay at the Pop-century again. Someday in the future and when I can afford it I will stay at the Contemporary.

daisyduckie

I am another that votes for Pop Century over the All Stars. Same reasons as others. It has its own bus and is smaller so walk to and from bus is less. Also if you are up to it you can get off at AoA and just walk over to POP.

I'm sorry but you are wrong on the size. The Pop is half again as big as any individual All Star. And there is no way of knowing ahead of time where your room will end up in the resort, so no way to know if you will be close to the bus stop or not.

PSUDisney77

Just got back from All Star Movies and enjoyed it. I didn't find it terribly crowded or noisy except for the food court at peak times. We also only shared busses once on the entire trip back from Disney Springs. That bus was only half full anyway so it wasn't that bad.

NeverEnufDisney

I've been to Pop and the All Stars many times. Prefer Pop for the food court, but still like the All Stars. I've had to share buses sometimes, but often during the morning it was separate buses and also at park closings. You'll be fine in either case.

Tyaloo

Hello all! We have stayed previously at All Star Music, and then Pop Century. We were booked for Pop again this year, but switched to All Star Sports because I think the Surf's Up! section makes me happier than the 60s section at Pop (where we were).

I think we prefer the All Stars to Pop! Yes, you share a bus, but compared to the bus at Pop - I honestly didn't notice any major difference in time or crowds. We chose Sports this year because it's the first stop of the 3 All Stars. I also like that we can share pools with the other All Stars, and more food options. My daughter loves the Mickey pool at ASM.

We weren't fond of the food last year at Pop OR at AoA - not bad, just not amazing.

SAV

Do you notice much difference between the moderates to value? Is it purely the bus services and dining? xx

We stayed at Corondo Springs Resort and it was a big step up in my eyes. The room is a bit bigger. It has a sliding separator between the sleeping area and the bathroom area which was big when trying to get the kids asleep, but needing the light on in there to get ready for bed, etc. Or in the morning getting up earlier, but not waking up the entire family. There is a ceiling fan in the rooms. The grounds were AMAZING and the theme was very well executed. The Moderates have better pools(a water slide) and a Hot Tub. It is just an overall different vibe than the values.

We didn't take any busses or eat anything more than a quick bite in the mornings, so I can't speak to either of those.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom