Which to choose?

Sara Kenworthy

Hi all-

First off, thank you to all because this forum has been very helpful in planning my upcoming trip with my three girls. Tomorrow I am able to make my 60 day fast pass selections. I am pretty familiar with MK but have not been to Epcot since I was a teen. Based on what I've read, I know that Frozen is one of the big ones, if it is available. However what is everyone's opinion on Soarin' and Test Track? My 12-year-old gets a little motion sickness, so I was not sure about either. Any thoughts and/or brief descriptions given would be great. Any other recommendations for fast pass at Epcot? The other ages of my girls are 10 and 15. Thank you!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That depends on exactly what triggers the motion sickness. Soaring is gentle tilting motions up, left right forwards and back. Test track is rapid acceleration and centripetal forces.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Its difficult to say because everyones level of tolerance differs. TT is variable in its motion and would be more likely to affect your child if starts/stops/ rocking motions upset him. Soarin starts out with a gentle lift but once the show starts viewing the sensory motion moving through the scenes on screen might get to him as well. You can get a peek at the ride through on youtube to get a better feel of what they entail. But sorry....nothing is as good as going on the ride and trying them.
Frozen is a prime FP+ selection. You might also want to try getting FP+ as alternatives for SE, JIF and the Seas w/ Nemo as they are also popular.

Upvote 0

DisAl

I am mildly susceptible to motion sickness and Soarin' has never bothered me. In fact, it is my favorite ride in the whole park. It does simulate flight but it is very gentle with no sudden moves. I have never been on Test Track.

Upvote 0

Sara Kenworthy

Original Poster
Its difficult to say because everyones level of tolerance differs. TT is variable in its motion and would be more likely to affect your child if starts/stops/ rocking motions upset him. Soarin starts out with a gentle lift but once the show starts viewing the sensory motion moving through the scenes on screen might get to him as well. You can get a peek at the ride through on youtube to get a better feel of what they entail. But sorry....nothing is as good as going on the ride and trying them.
Frozen is a prime FP+ selection. You might also want to try getting FP+ as alternatives for SE, JIF and the Seas w/ Nemo as they are also popular.

Upvote 0

Sara Kenworthy

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip on YouTube videos. It was a great help. It may have ruined it a little bit for me, but it definitely gives me a better idea of what I think my kids can handle. I am thinking they will be fine for both. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom