Which rides WOULD you use your FP+ for?

cw1982

Original Poster
I've seen several threads where people talk about what they wouldn't use a FP+ for, which makes me wonder...

which rides ARE FP+ worthy, in your opinion? I want opinions for all parks, since we're going for six days and plan to hit each park at least once.

And... go! :)

jlsHouston

MK: BTMRR, Space, Peter Pan, Splash, and for the kids the Belle thing.
EP: Soarin or TT if they no longer let you do single rider on TT, Mission Space, Nemo
HS: TSMM, ToT, Star Wars
AK: Safari, Kali, Nemo show because we single rider EE. However the day we did AK we just go there at 9 and we rode everything with no FP's. We used our FP choices for HS that evening. We skipped the shows at AK that day.

rob0519

MK: Splash, BTMMR, Peter Pan, Space, I thought I read you could use it for lunch at BOG
EP: TT, Soarin
HS: TSMM, Star Wars, RnRC, ToT
AK: Safari, Kali, EE

englanddg

One Little Spark...
MK - Peter Pan (I wouldn't do this without one, the queue is generally always long, outside of EM or during fireworks, and is miserable). Big Thunder second. Space next, then Splash.

EP - Sourin and Test Track

HS - Toy Story, RnR, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, in that order.

AK - Everest (I hate that queue), Safari. That's it.

Kuzcotopia

MK: Splash, BTMMR, Peter Pan, Tales with Bell, 7DMT (on my next trip), Princess Fairytale Hall (depending)

EP: Test Track. Yep, that's it. (Soarin's Boarin)

HS: Toy Story, Star Wars, Tower of Terror

AK: Kali, Dino, Safari

lebeau

MK: BTMRR, Space, Peter Pan, Splash, and for the kids the Belle thing.
EP: Soarin or TT if they no longer let you do single rider on TT, Mission Space, Nemo
HS: TSMM, ToT, Star Wars
AK: Safari, Kali, Nemo show because we single rider EE. However the day we did AK we just go there at 9 and we rode everything with no FP's. We used our FP choices for HS that evening. We skipped the shows at AK that day.

I'm curious about some of your choices. I have never really understood the advantage of using FP for a show since the show starts at a set time. I'm sure there's something I'm missing. What is the benefit of FPing the Nemo show for example? What about Enchanted Tales with Belle?

Almost everyone picked Soarin' and TT for Epcot, so of course you can't have both. I understand the rationale behind the tiers. That doesn't make them any less infuriating. If the park doesn't have the capacity to support FP+ (and really, only one park does) BUILD SOMETHING!!

Weather_Lady

MK: 7DMT (if/when it becomes available - not currently open yet and no FP+ being offered), Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mtn. R.R., Space Mountain, Enchanted Tales w/ Belle, Anna/Elsa M&G (no other place to meet them), Rapunzel M&G (no other place to meet her), Peter Pan. (Second string: Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, POTC).

Epcot: From the first tier: Soarin' or Test Track (although TT can be done via the single rider line throughout the day with a shorter wait, which gives the FP+ edge to Soarin'). Not the Character Spot (characters can be met elsewhere with shorter lines) or Maelstrom (doesn't really need it). All second tier attractions don't really need it, but my second tier picks would be Spaceship Earth and/or Mission:Space.

AK: No FP+ needed if you arrive at rope drop and go to Kilimanjaro Safaris and then Expedition Everest. Otherwise, FP+ them, along with Kali River Rapids or Dinosaur.

HS: No FP+ needed if you arrive at rope drop and go to TSMM, then RnR, then Tower of Terror. Otherwise, FP+ TSMM or RnR from the first tier, and 2 of Tower of Terror, Star Tours and GMR from the second tier.

SAV

AK - Safari, EE, Kali
MK - 7DMT, BTMRR, Space
EPCOT - Soarin, Mission Space, Turtle Talk
DHS - TSMM, Star Tours, TOT

JoeT63

Newbie here, so this may have been covered elsewhere, but I had a thought...

Has there been a discussion or analysis done on the "quality" of ride queues? It seems to me that some lines are better than others even for long waits. Maybe consider things like diversions available, things to see/do (interactive queues), whether or not the queue is indoors to beat the heat/cold...stuff like that. It seems that such knowledge would certainly help when planning for the 3FP+'s per day.

For instance, the standby queue at Soarin', imo, sucks the life outta you. But the lines at HM and ToT seem to have a lot going on and the wait doesn't seem so bad. Anyhoo...I'd like to know if that makes sense, and to see what peeps think.

jlsHouston

I'm curious about some of your choices. I have never really understood the advantage of using FP for a show since the show starts at a set time. I'm sure there's something I'm missing. What is the benefit of FPing the Nemo show for example? What about Enchanted Tales with Belle?

Almost everyone picked Soarin' and TT for Epcot, so of course you can't have both. I understand the rationale behind the tiers. That doesn't make them any less infuriating. If the park doesn't have the capacity to support FP+ (and really, only one park does) BUILD SOMETHING!!

Honestly I don't know why I would FP the Nemo show at AK. I didn't FP anything the day we did AK, we just waited in very short lines. We went on Sunday. Kali ended up being the longest standby because it was almost 2 when DGS threw the fit to go on it. It had a 45 minute posted time and actually I stayed on the bridge area sitting and visiting and people watching while he waited in line for that deluge.
And the tiers suck. We always picked Soaring over TT and we did TT single rider and that worked well. We tried that approach with RNRC and that didn't work. Supposedly the single rider line kept getting longer than the stand by line so they shut it down.
Now with Enchanted Tales with Belle it's loved by both grandkids because of the story telling and they choose the kids to be parts in the tale. And it tends to be a very long wait without FP except, although the 2 times we have done it we caught it about 10 pm with less than a 25 minute stand by.
On this trip we pretty much got FP for the mountains that were open at MK and switched it up with Jungle Cruise one day and then Peter Pan the next time. For some reason JC had some 45-60 minute stand by times on this trip and we ended up deciding to FP it over Belle.
And yes with the FP+ system having tiers at HS and EPCOT it is very very obvious the lack of attractions for these parks. Which is why they should just eliminate tiers and allow you 4 FP choices per day and at multiple parks.

coltow

Newbie here, so this may have been covered elsewhere, but I had a thought...

Has there been a discussion or analysis done on the "quality" of ride queues? It seems to me that some lines are better than others even for long waits. Maybe consider things like diversions available, things to see/do (interactive queues), whether or not the queue is indoors to beat the heat/cold...stuff like that. It seems that such knowledge would certainly help when planning for the 3FP+'s per day.

For instance, the standby queue at Soarin', imo, sucks the life outta you. But the lines at HM and ToT seem to have a lot going on and the wait doesn't seem so bad. Anyhoo...I'd like to know if that makes sense, and to see what peeps think.
This 100% makes a differnce for me. I will NEVER wait in that Soarin' line, it's horrible. As I am now in the thinking stages of my FP+ selections for August I am totally factoring in which lines I do or don't mind waiting in. And even tho the lines at Peter Pan and Pooh also stink I'm not sure I would waste at FP+ on them either. Now that my boys are getting older some of the more "kiddie" rides they may want to skip for the "mountains"

StarWarsGirl

MK: Space, Splash Big Thunder Mountain. Alternatively Peter Pan.
Epcot: This park has tiers. Tier 1: Either Soarin' or Test Track (Test Track has a singles line). Tier 2: Mission: Space and...none of the others are worth it IMO. SpaceShip Earth is usually what I pick
DHS: Also has tiers. Tier 1: Rock 'n Roller Coaster OR TSM. Rock 'n Roller coaster has a singles line. Tier 2: TofT and Star Tours
AK: Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Kilamanjaro Safaris

Another tip: Plan your FPs for later in the day, but not towards closing. Earlier in the day the lines are shorter, as is the case later in the day.

Have fun!

cw1982

Original Poster
Honestly, I don't see us using the single rider line for TT unless we are trying to ride it a second time... since we are considering getting the MM added to our package, it would probably be cool to have at least one picture from that ride of us on it together. After that (assuming I like the picture... I'm picky LOL), I have no qualms with the single rider system.

Also, not sure if this makes a difference, but DH and I are going as a couple (although we may have friends who had AP's join us one day in Epcot) and we have no kids... also, we are night owls so realistically we probably won't be doing many rope drops.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Would love to hear even more, or feedback to my comments above. :) You guys rock!

StarWarsGirl

Honestly, I don't see us using the single rider line for TT unless we are trying to ride it a second time... since we are considering getting the MM added to our package, it would probably be cool to have at least one picture from that ride of us on it together. After that (assuming I like the picture... I'm picky LOL), I have no qualms with the single rider system.

Also, not sure if this makes a difference, but DH and I are going as a couple (although we may have friends who had AP's join us one day in Epcot) and we have no kids... also, we are night owls so realistically we probably won't be doing many rope drops.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Would love to hear even more, or feedback to my comments above. :) You guys rock!
I forgot, Everest has a single rider line. A lot of times they will put you together on it too. Last time my friend and I went on it five times and ended up together 3/5 times because they stuck us in at the back of the train to fill it up rather than search for small parties. That line is usually very quick, especially if standby is running 20-30 minutes because most people hop in that rather than singles. Even so, it's usually no more than 20 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom