Which resort would you most WANT to stay at but haven't?

What Disney resort would you most want to stay at but haven't?

• Wilderness Lodge

Votes: 31 18.6%
  • Grand Floridian

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • Contemporary

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • Polynesian Village

Votes: 31 18.6%
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge

Votes: 21 12.6%
  • Art of Animation

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Pop Century

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yacht Club

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Boardwalk Inn

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Beach Club

Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters

TXDisney

We like to think we're planning this whole thing out great bc we don't have kids and we love epcot so we've stayed at swan, boardwalk and beach club. Figure it won't be as appealing to kids when we have them. We've stayed at POR and GF also. We're trying to save contemporary, poly and akl for when we have kids. That's if we don't join the dvc by then. We'd do it at bcv if we do that.

tmitch

I'm a tad confused as to why POP and AoA are on here...

Regardless, I want to stay at all of them! But my number one choice is the Boardwalk for its proximity to Epcot. Obviously Beach Club and Yacht Club would serve the same purpose too. As far as MK area resorts, Contemporary closely followed by Poly.
They might want to stay at an AoA suite which is too pricey, or pop might even be too pricey. I know people that at their times of travel can only afford value time all star resorts. You don't know everyone's financial situation

nolatron

Polynesian for us. It's been a place the DW and I wanted to stay at for years. We even got married there (but oddly stayed at the Boardwalk that trip). Of course we know it's different now from 2006 and more so from our memories as kids, but it's still something on our bucket list we'd loved to check off eventually.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Why have you never been able to book WL?

We're always looking to rent DVC points (to save on cost) and we can never find any openings. It's not like we're looking year round, but for our recent trips in the summer, fall, and spring, it's all been booked. I know we could get in at normal rates, but yikes.

007mickey

Well let's see...

There's the Polynesian for sure, we have eaten there several times but never stayed. Tropical, check. Volcano pool, check. MK in your backyard, check. So yeah, the Poly would be great. It's just seems so Disney and being on the monorail isn't bad either.

But speaking of being on the monorail, we have stayed at the Contemporary but only in the garden wing, it was top notch (love me some Cali Grill) and you simply can't beat walking to MK. But staying in the tower with a MK view, now that would pretty special too.

I'd also say the Grand Floridian is pretty special, been over there to walk around and check out the gingerbread house at Christmas time and that place looks alright. Crisp and clean and the restaurants ain't bad either.

But you know what else ain't bad, Wilderness Lodge. Stayed there and gets good marks from my family. Boat ride to MK instead of bus, yes please. What a wonderful atmosphere (especially at Christmas time).

But you want atmosphere, I'd love to stay at AKL with a Savannah view! Been there too but only had a view of the pool, no complaints, loved the place. Savannah view, well that might just work.

I'll tell ya what also might work, a stay at the Beach or Yacht Club. Storm Along Bay, walk to Epcot, stroll over to Boardwalk. Yep, that settles it, YC it is (at least for now).

Headed to YC in a few weeks and can't wait. Then we have to decide where to stay on our next trip?

Last edited:

polynesiangirl

Of those, the Grand. It's not really my style, per se, but I've never stayed there and it looks very nice.

I'd also love to stay in a club level Contemporary room but I haven't, even though I've stayed at the resort many times.

disneyfirstLJ

My daughter and I had afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian in April. We just loved walking around this resort. Every cast member we encountered were so nice and helpful. One cast member came over and asked if he could take a photo of us with our camera sitting in the lobby. He said, "Now, remember to think of John when this is your Christmas Card photo this year." He was just so nice! It is a beautiful resort and I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian even for just one night. Plus I like that it is on the monorail loop & so close to Magic Kingdom.

GF. I've wanted to stay there since I saw it on my senior class trip. We finally got a studio for my 40th bday in Sept. DH stalked the website and was able to snag 2 nights for me. We were able to get the Poly for December so our goal of staying at all of the DVC resorts will be achieved.

Beastly74

There are so many WDW reports I would love to stay at but for my next trip (hopefully May 2016) I would love to call one of the Epcot resorts my "home" for the week. It would be wonderful to walk to both Epcot and HS - especially since we are trying to go for Star Wars week-ends :D.

thomas998

Wondered about the Wilderness Lodge, but just can't bring myself to spend that much money and not be on the monorail loop... I might be able to justify it if it were priced more like a moderate, but my only experience with non-monorail deluxes was Animal Kingdom and it felt so far from everything that it really didn't feel like Disney.

thomas998

AKL ....with an early wake up call so I'd be sure to see the animals roaming around outside my window.

It has to be very early... and they aren't roaming around outside as much as they always appeared to be running like h*ll to get away from the hotel and guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom