Which resort to stay at?

jp19ml13

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to WDW in May, the 9th through 13th to be exact, and can't decide where to stay at. We want to stay on site and have always stayed at the value resorts in the past. We are debating between the All Stars or a moderate resort like Coronado Springs. Is there going to be a big price difference if we stay at a moderate? If not, which one is best? Thanks in advance!

Justin

harveyt0206

Depending on the time of the year will determine what price range you will end up with at each resort. For the most part, the value resorts are typically $50 -$75 cheaper than the moderate resorts. (that is a generalization and can be affected by many factors).

I just stayed at Coronado Springs a few weeks ago and loved it. But we also had an email discount on the room, which helped out with the over all price.

I would recommend going to the Disney website and playing around with their reservation system. You can compare room prices and packages right there on line with no obligation. Plus, you can easily check out any special offers they might have for the time that you are planning to go.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0

TheAmazingBobbo

For me, the deciding factor was the difference in price between value and moderate (dependent on what time of year we've gone) and then, how often I will actually be at the hotel. On my trip last year, August 9-16, 2009, I knew that my friend and I would be spending a lot of time in the parks and at DTD and such, so it was an easy choice to stay at ASSp. If I was going with a girlfriend instead of a friend, or had kids that I knew wouldn't be able to handle full days at the parks, well then I might consider the moderate. Its going to depend on your preferences. If the difference in price isn't that dramatic and you can afford it, I'd say go with the moderate.

Upvote 0

ryguy

I guess it depends on what type of trip you are planning. Is it going to be relaxing and slow paced maybe romantic with your girly girl? Or are you going to hit the parks hard everyday. My rule of thumb is why pay a lot for a room if your not going to be in it very much. I am willing to pay more per night if I am going to be at the hotel for a good deal of my trip. So think about how much your going to use the hotel and its facilities and base your decision on that criteria rather than price. Hope that helps. :wave:

Ps
I like the CBR for a moderate, it has many of the characteristics of the Poly but half the price. Riverside is nice too. POP century is probably the best value, but the rooms are very small.

Upvote 0

pcarathers

Our first year was 2000, and we stayed a Caribbean Beach, 2nd year Coronado Springs, 3rd year, All Star Movies, 4th year, Port Orleans Riverside, and 5th year, All Star Sports. I can honestly say after staying at all 3 of the moderates, that would be my choice. We have done 2 of the All Star Value resorts and while the themes are great, the crowds are not. We went in October and May at both of the All Star Resorts and both times, shared buses with the other 2 resorts on that loop. The only good thing was that at Sports, we were 1st one on and 1st one off. If you got on or off at the other 2 ASR, you were standing on a crowded bus! There was ALWAYS a long wait for one. We have agreed that we will not do another value resort after doing those 2 but only because of the crowds. Coronado was a beautiful resort as were the other 2 moderates, and if I had to choose between the 3 of them, I would choose Caribbean Beach simply for the atmosphere. But all 3 are good.

Upvote 0

jp19ml13

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the replies. We are going to be at the parks a lot, but we are leaning towards going to a moderate just for something new. When you talk about discount codes, where do you enter those?

Thanks,
Justin

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

Take a look at PORS/Dixie Landings. Wonderfull resort good bus transportaion and Boat ride to Down Town Disney. The Corranado is a beautiful resort but the DWF and I were placed at the far end of the resort and hated the long walk to and from the main building. Secondly we hated that two conventions were going on and had to put up with a few drunken Bussinessmen and women and felt like we were to close to work instead of vacation. Just a little food for thought.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Thanks everyone for the replies. We are going to be at the parks a lot, but we are leaning towards going to a moderate just for something new. When you talk about discount codes, where do you enter those?

Thanks,
Justin

I aassume you mean "enter those" when booking online. I'm not sure because, although I usually book online, when I 'hear' about a discount code, I just phone and speak to someone.

I called a few weeks ago for my brother in law (who had booked online without any discount of any kind), and asked if there were discounts available. The nice CM told me that I had choice between a $300 gift card or a reduced rate, and then changed the reservation.

If I were you, I'd call in this instance.

Oh, and BTW, I'd stay at Coronado. We did the All Stars and POP several times (and loved it), but then tried the moderates. Coronado was our fav, and we actually found it to be more adult oriented. There were conventions there all 3 times we stayed, but we never had any problems. We had more issues and noise during one of the 'cheerleader' weeks at POP. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

Best Moderate imho would have to be the Port Orleans French Quarter. My whole family stayed there the christmas before last and we all loved it. The resort is more compact than the others so that means less walking and everything is close to you, now its not so close that it all seems crammed into a little space, it just seems nicer imho

Upvote 0

nancy33458

You can actually go to Disneyworld.com and under specials click on that and then you can see all their specials and the one with the rooms discount just act like you are booking your room and it should come up.

Upvote 0

stlbobby

The Port Orleans resorts are probably the most romantic. Caribbean Beach is a bit more festive. Coronado Springs has a laid back feel, but is a bit spread out.

Right now the disparity for the moderates to values is less because the discounts are deeper for the higher level resorts.

Most importantly those discounts end 27 March. If you are serious about going in May you need to jump on it.

If you need help drop me an e-mail or private message. I can set everything up and make sure you're getting the best deal out there.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

As pointed out, there are discouns available for stays into August, but you MUST book by Saturday.

I'd go for Caribbean Beach because of it's central location. I'm not fond of the southwest them of Coronado Springs and I just feel like Port Orleans is way over at DTD, where we almost never go.

Upvote 0

stlbobby

I'd go for Caribbean Beach because of it's central location. I'm not fond of the southwest them of Coronado Springs and I just feel like Port Orleans is way over at DTD, where we almost never go.

PO and CB are very similarly located. PO is closer to MK and the front entrance of EPCOT. CB is physically closer to EPCOT, but it sit on the back side, and is closer to DHS. I think they are about equidistant from DTD.

I don't want to quibble, but I don't want to give the OP the idea that PO is some remote outpost either.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom