Which resort should we take Art of Animation or Animal Kingdom lodge.

Which resort should we take Art of Animation or Animal Kingdom lodge

• Art of Animation

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Animal kingdom lodge.

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
Please help me to decide which resort we should take Art of Animation or Animal Kingdom lodge for my birthday on January next year.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

I don’t think it’s intentional, but Animal Kingdom Lodge is such the obvious choice the question almost comes across as satirical.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is the obvious choice in just about every way. Only reasons not to go to AKL is price, occupancy, and accessibility.

Since the Art of Animation rooms tend to be larger than AKL, if you can’t find a room that fits your whole party at AKL for a reasonable price, you might be stuck with Art of Animation.

Price is self explanatory.

Art of Animation is a skyliner hotel, so there’s benefit to that, if you enjoy the skyliner, but really there’s nothing else going for the resort in a head to head versus Animal Kingdom Lodge.

ppet

Actually, I would recommend AoA over AKL. This is only if the Skyliner is running during your stay. It has yearly down period near end of Jan for maintenance. When I go to WDW I go for the parks mainly, AKL just seems so isolated and your travel to any of the parks except AK is time consuming. I've stayed there a couple of times and never seen an animal in the savanna. Maybe I've just had crappy luck.

Figgy1

Premium Member
AKL for the food as it's the best food resort the lounges are also pretty good
AKL for the theming one of the best imho Not knocking AoA at all on that
AoA for transportation
IMHO I always ask how much time are you going to spend at the resort. If it's only to shower and sleep I'd go with the cheaper option and add a day, if it's a more resort centered vacation AKL

I generally stay at AK. It's been a few years since visiting AoA, but the Lion King Family Suite was one of my favorite rooms (deluxe and value) and I really like the theming of AoA and its pool. I'd probably stay there if I wasn't with DVC.

tpoly88

I don’t think it’s intentional, but Animal Kingdom Lodge is such the obvious choice the question almost comes across as satirical.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is the obvious choice in just about every way. Only reasons not to go to AKL is price, occupancy, and accessibility.

Since the Art of Animation rooms tend to be larger than AKL, if you can’t find a room that fits your whole party at AKL for a reasonable price, you might be stuck with Art of Animation.

Price is self explanatory.

Art of Animation is a skyliner hotel, so there’s benefit to that, if you enjoy the skyliner, but really there’s nothing else going for the resort in a head to head versus Animal Kingdom Lodge.
couldn't have said it better, 2 totally different hotels. AoA has the family rooms, AKL is more of a higher end hotel and i think has some of the best restaurants on property.

Plowboy

To me it's a no-brainer. AKL all the way. I say that assuming money is no object and it's more of an 'adult' trip. That is not to say that AoA doesn't have its pluses. For kids theming and the skyliner to 2 of the 4 parks I think AoA is definitely superior.

yeah if price isn't an issue then Animal kingdom is the way to go. If it is then nothing wrong with Art of Animation. The Skyliner is really convient and nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom