Which Park to Pick?

rosebudd

We're going to be at WDW during the holidays. We already have one day at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Universal planned. However, we still have time to go to a park on another day. The question is... which park? We considered AK but the only real draw is Pandora and we've heard its been hard to get fastpasses for FOP. The next obvious choice would be HS. But with so much construction is it worth it? (we aren't big on thrill rides so the only ones we'd really want to go on would be Star Tours or Toy Story Mania) That brings us to repeating a park. If we do this it would probably be Universal or MK (probably Universal).

What do you guys think? Is AK or HS worth it? Or would a second day at Universal be more useful and more fun?

DisneyDaver

To be clear, you understand that Universal has 2 parks (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure), right?

Personally, I would prefer AK because I enjoy the animals, the shows, Everest, Kali and Dinosaur, but if the only real draw for you is Pandora, then I would spend the second day at Universal. DHS would be last on my list right now with all the construction and closed attractions. A caveat ... check out Universals website first and see what would interest you at Islands of Adventure. I think the Spiderman and Forbidden Journey rides at Islands of Adventure are two of the best rides in all of Orlando, but overall this park is heavy on thrill rides and you mentioned that you are not big on thrill rides (and I'm not sure which types of rides you would consider "too thrilling").

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

We've also successfully done both Universal parks in one day. I would definitely spend time at AK.. outside of pandora, everest & the safari are really fun. Plus the park is gorgeous to walk around in, especially at night.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

At this time I'd go to AK. Pandora isnt the only thing at AK ... its just the popular draw at this time. Even with avoiding Pandora we would get enough out of the rest of the park to make it worthwhile. We absolutely love the Finding Nemo show. We enjoy all the animal viewing throughout the park. The Safari ride around can be enjoyable if you go when the animals are mostly out. There are unique shops and dining available that you dont find in the other parks. The Tree of life is stunning to view with the assortment of animals situated around the tree and outer areas. The "Its a Bugs Life" is still a fun show to see. There is also some fine entertainment to take in by the "villagers" around the market areas. AK has a lot to offer and shouldnt be discounted as a blaaah park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom