Which one should I pick?

RickEff

We've been on both, and each of them have their benefits! The Fantasy is an awesome ship, but it's bordering on being "too big" for my taste. But, I cannot say enough about the entertainment, food, service and fun that's available on either! We've actually had the chance to sail on the Magic, Wonder and Fantasy - and we're booked on the Dream in December. It's hard to make a bad decision on this one! :D

DISNEY FANTASY

Any preference on ports of call? That might help you decide, both are great ships, if you do not like big crowds then go for Magic, Fantasy has great shows like Aladin which is exclusive to it.

jme

The Magic has less staterooms (and therefor less guests) than the Fantasy - but has the same amount of pools and restaurants. So - if you want your time on the ship to feel less crowded, go with the Magic. If you don't mind the people, and want the newer amenities, and more musical horns :) go with the Fantasy.
And really, they don't have overlapping itineraries, and there's no wrong answer, so go with the one that fits your budget and travel desires!

ChuckElias

The Magic has less staterooms (and therefor less guests) than the Fantasy - but has the same amount of pools and restaurants.
I don't think this is quite right. The Magic has a kiddie pool, very small splash zone for toddlers, a family pool and Quiet Cove pool (and a crew-only pool, but we won't count that one). The Fantasy has a kiddie pool, a much larger splash zone, a family pool, the Quiet Cove pool, a smaller pool on deck 12 directly above Quiet Cove, and has Satellite Falls, which is not exactly a pool, but is an additional adults-only cooling-off area.

So the Fantasy has at least one more actual pool, has a larger splash zone for the kids, and has Satellite Falls.

jme

I was counting it as:
Magic/Wonder: Mickey's Pool, Goofy's Pool, Quiet Cove (Well, now the Magic replaced the Mickey with the Aqua Lab, but still)
Dream/Fantasy: Mickey's Pool, Donald's Pool, Quiet Cove

The pools on the Dream/Fantasy are slightly bigger, and they do feature additional water play areas (Nemo's Reef/Aquaduck) but as far as "pools" go, they are pretty similar.

dizneydreamer27

Have not been on the Magic but just got off the Fantasy. I have sailed the Wonder twice and while I enjoyed it I was not in awe of it like I was with the Fantasy. Ship can hold 4000 people and the only time I felt crowded was Pirate night at the show and that was only for 30 minutes. There is so much to do on the ship you will never be bored and everyone has different ideas of what they want to do, so the crowds did not bother me. Amazing ship and booked another 7 day cruise for next year. You will have a blast on either ship I am sure. There is no better cruise than a Disney Cruise.

Bolna

I have only been on the Wonder, but when I was making up my mind there were two factors that were important to me:

1) Just from reading reviews and looking at pictures I got the impression that on the smaller ships it still feels more like being on a ship. I wanted that experience of being out on the ocean, I have been on quite a few ferries in Scandinavia and even over to the UK and I always enjoyed being on deck, watching the ocean. I also always regretted that the days of the big ocean liners going between Europe and the USA are over and I would have loved that. So I thought the smaller ship would be more of that experience. That's also the reason why the big Oasis or Allure of the Seas hold no interest to me.

2) price. If I compare the nightly price per person, I realised that my Wonder cruise was much better priced (by far) than the Dream and the Fantasy would have been for the same category. So I went with what to me seemed to be the better value.

5thGenTexan

I also always regretted that the days of the big ocean liners going between Europe and the USA are over and I would have loved that. .

They aren't over. Cunard in particular still offers a transatlantic cruise between Southampton and New York. 6 full days at sea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom