Which of Marvel's Phase 3 are you most looking forward to?

Matt_Black

Original Poster
After Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel Studios enters into Phase 3, with films leading up to Avengers: Infinity War Parts 1 & 2. Of the announced films, what are YOU most excited for?

Me, I really want to see Ant-Man. First, Paul Rudd is delightful. It's a shame that Edgar Wright left the project, but Marvel does have a history of getting competent fill-ins for events like those.

Second, it will be something new in superhero films. Martial arts, super-strength, flying... SEEN IT! What we haven't seen is a shrinking guy, someone who uses wits and stealth more than combat ability.

doctornick

Well, technically, Ant-Man is part of Phase 3 per Marvel. That said, I'm actually really looking forward to it as well.

The film that has me most intrigued is Doctor Strange. I'm actually not a big fan of the character, but going into the realm of magic is new territory for Marvel movies and I'm really curious to see how they integrate that into the mainstream MCU. They seem to have a real knack for getting everything to fit together well and dedicate the proper storytelling to the source material, so I am confident that it will be well done.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Well, technically, Ant-Man is part of Phase 3 per Marvel.

Yeah, I know, it was in development even before Iron Man.

The Inhumans could be pretty cool too, especially if Crystal is in it, and then she and Quicksilver can get together like they did in the comics.

AllyInWonderland

Captain Marvel! First female lead Marvel film!

Also Civil War! I hope Cap and Bucky get back together. Plus they're filming it in Atlanta (which is a few hours away from me!!!!!)

jw24

Sequel: Captain America: Civil War! I mean, Winter Soldier was so good. It's gonna hard to be beat! It's an interesting concept with Iron Man and Captain America at odds with each other.
Original: Hmm....probably Doctor Strange. Honestly, I only know him from playing Marvel: Avengers Alliance on Facebook but he does look like an interesting hero with cool powers!

216bruce

Slightly off-topic: Hand off "Howard the Duck" to a relatively unknown "art house" director and make a 'real' Howard movie so we can forget the 80's George Lucas mess. If you've ever read the Steve Gerber Howard, you know it could be great.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Slightly off-topic: Hand off "Howard the Duck" to a relatively unknown "art house" director and make a 'real' Howard movie so we can forget the 80's George Lucas mess. If you've ever read the Steve Gerber Howard, you know it could be great.

Well, I was thinking since they got Seth Green to do the voice, let him and his Robot Chicken crew do it.

216bruce

Well, I was thinking since they got Seth Green to do the voice, let him and his Robot Chicken crew do it.
That'd be great. I really hope the folks at Marvel films consider doing Howard some justice. Whenever I tell folks about how great the comic was, I just get the movie thrown back at me. Seth Green definitely has the right attitude for it and the "Robot Chicken" folks would sure bring the right edge to a "Howard" film too. Do you think Disney would support anything like this?

Matt_Black

Original Poster
That'd be great. I really hope the folks at Marvel films consider doing Howard some justice. Whenever I tell folks about how great the comic was, I just get the movie thrown back at me. Seth Green definitely has the right attitude for it and the "Robot Chicken" folks would sure bring the right edge to a "Howard" film too. Do you think Disney would support anything like this?

Well, they greenlit a film with a talking tree and a raccoon that had some very off-color jokes. I think we're through the Overton Window here.

erasure fan1

As of right now I am most excited for civil war. I just can't wait to see how they play it all out. After that, I think guardians 2 is next then Thor 3. I think until I start to see more about the new character movies, I won't be crazy excited for them. I think the inhumans has me the most excited so far of the new character movies. I'm sure my opinion on phase 3 will change numerous times before the infinity wars comes out.

TB4244

Thats just what I was going to say. Of course Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are being classed as Inhumans, so I'm expecting a crossover there too.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Thats just what I was going to say. Of course Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are being classed as Inhumans, so I'm expecting a crossover there too.

Are they? Not everyone with powers counts.

Remember, the Absorbing Man had powers, too, and he didn't activate the "divining" part of the obelisk. He just got turned to stone like everybody else. So, he's not in the same category as Skye or Raina.

doctornick

Are they? Not everyone with powers counts.

Remember, the Absorbing Man had powers, too, and he didn't activate the "divining" part of the obelisk. He just got turned to stone like everybody else. So, he's not in the same category as Skye or Raina.

I don't think we can say for sure at this point. But it's possible that people with powers are able to get them only because they either have some traces of Inhuman DNA. The Terrigen Mists might not be the only method to powers.

In the case of Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch, they could be Inhumans who simply had their powers unlocked via exposure to the Loki's staff (which I think has been established as an Infinity Gem) as opposed to the Mists. Same might be the case for Donny Gill (Blizzard) on the TV show and his accident with the weather machine or Steve Rogers with the Super Serum Serum.

Still, probably wouldn't explain the Absorbing Man or the many guys who have gotten powers through, say, Extremis in the MCU unless there's a lot of Inhuman decedents around. Doesn't seem likely considering how the Diviner seems to kill most people.

Last edited:

TB4244

I expect that there will be some reason for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being inhumans in the movie, but officially Marvel studios can't use the term Mutant as that's covered by X-Men through Fox. So inhumans it is.

AllyInWonderland

I expect that there will be some reason for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being inhumans in the movie, but officially Marvel studios can't use the term Mutant as that's covered by X-Men through Fox. So inhumans it is.
They're not Inhumans. They got their powers after being experimented on by Baron Von Strucker. They'll be known as "miracles".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom