Which is the best Epcot ride?

What is the best Epcot ride

• Total voters

Disney4family

Can I choose the old version of Test Track? I miss how each small segment meant something. Now it feels like you just go through the motions to do the 4 tests. I know it's the same ride, but it almost feels rushed. Maybe because it's not a perfect fit to the ride? It feels like an overlay? (And you didn't have to worry about the technology working or not to see how your car did. Once you were on the ride, you experienced the entire ride.)
Or maybe I just live for the nostalgic, campy feel of some WDW attractions.
Or maybe deep down I want to be a TT dummy since all I do is "do" in the real world. :confused:o_O

Ali Mouse

I love Grand Fiesta Tour! We ride it over and over again after we have visited all of the countries. I have many memories singing along with my kids usually pretty loudly too since we are usually the only ones on our boat! There is also several hidden mickeys and we hope to find more this next trip! Just a fun- colorful ride that brings a smile to my face!
I almost voted for Spaceship Earth! This ride is one of my all time favorite rides unless I sit by my middle child who always picks another language...He can't figure out why no one wants to sit with him!!!
When it came down to it I picked Grand Fiesta Tour because of the smile it brought to my face due to all the memories we have riding it!

Andrew_Animatronic

Original Poster
Can I choose the old version of Test Track? I miss how each small segment meant something. Now it feels like you just go through the motions to do the 4 tests. I know it's the same ride, but it almost feels rushed. Maybe because it's not a perfect fit to the ride? It feels like an overlay? (And you didn't have to worry about the technology working or not to see how your car did. Once you were on the ride, you experienced the entire ride.)
Or maybe I just live for the nostalgic, campy feel of some WDW attractions.
Or maybe deep down I want to be a TT dummy since all I do is "do" in the real world. :confused:o_O
Yea I have to agree with that. The old ride seemed much more grounded and realistic, as well as more thrilling than the weird "cybercar" change.

2bornot2be

At this point I'm voting for Ellen...... Not because its good, but because the only reason worth going to EPCOT is World Showcase, which makes you really tired. So you need a 45 minute AC nap.
LOL - I agree with this, however I selected Mission: Space

TT would be a close second but I have not had the opportunity to ride 2.0 yet. I'm not liking what I have been hearing about TT and bracing my self for a major disappointment this summer.

Disney4family

TT would be a close second but I have not had the opportunity to ride 2.0 yet. I'm not liking what I have been hearing about TT and bracing my self for a major disappointment this summer.
I know they say that if you don't expect much, you're never disappointed, but don't allow negative posts color your excitement and hopefulness for the new version. There are many people out there who prefer the new version over the old (I admit I'm not one of them). Try it first, then decide.

To get the whole experience, though, make sure you let the CM know you wish to make your own car. If you travel with someone, they usually put two people on one computer to cram in as many Guests as possible. All you have to do is ask for your own spot and they usually will allow it. If you have time and go through the store first, there are places there where you can create your own car (without the time limit). You can have that on your band before you go on the ride - and, therefore, wouldn't have an issue if you are grouped up with someone you know.

bee

If you have time and go through the store first, there are places there where you can create your own car (without the time limit). You can have that on your band before you go on the ride - and, therefore, wouldn't have an issue if you are grouped up with someone you know.
That's great to know! I often ride single rider so I am stuck with the limited selection of pre-designed cars from those computers. I'll have to try that next time.

danyoung56

That's great to know! I often ride single rider so I am stuck with the limited selection of pre-designed cars from those computers. I'll have to try that next time.

Enter through the side entrance to the store, then go through the store and look for the 2 machines on the left side. It's really an excellent way to create your own car and not feel pressured by the masses around you in line.

Doug Means

i picked soar'n. i love it. i would have picked the old test track if it was still the way it was before the change. I like it now but loved it then. I have a great ride pic of my son when he first rode it, my brother yelled something like, "oh no were going to hit that wall!" and the look on my very young sons face...just makes me like it the old way better. Also, i could have easily put down spaceship earth, and not hurt my own feelings.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
LOL - I agree with this, however I selected Mission: Space

Test track 2.0 is not bad at all. It's only bad for those who dislike changes. It's the exact same ride.. Just more "techy" with lights and such. And the "design your car" thing is actually really cool. So TT 2.0 is a worthy 2nd. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom