Which is better Mama Melrose or Hollywood and Vine

ebarrett

Original Poster
I have already booked the Fantasmic Dinning Package at Hollywood and Vine for September, but after reading some other threads, a lot of you have said the food at Mama Melrose is better. I have never been to Mama Melrose and would like to know how the two restaurants are different and what make Mama Melrose better.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
IMHO they are both crap, but Mamas has the best ambiance, H & V was like a works canteen but with uncontrolled kids last summer.

Jesùs_Carioca

Mama Melroe's is a much more interesting atmosphere...'specially if you have the waiters that reaaaaaally get into it. It isn't bad at all.

The only time i've been to Hollywood and Vine was for a character breakfast...which wasn't bad, but not as cool of a "shtick" as Mama Melroe's.

Good luck on deciding which one!

HoW

Between those two? It is definitely Mama Melrose. H&V didn't have the best food, service was so so,a nd there was almost no atmosphere. While Mama's food is about typical fare, the themeing and ambience (as stated before) are far superior.

PintoColvig

I ate at Mama Melrose's in Dec. The service was horrible and uninteresting and the food was worse. Typically, I'm pretty easy to please but I was quite disappointed. The only plus was the decor. I'm eating at Hollywood & Vine for the Fantasmic package in Sept. as well. Here's hoping it's a better experience than Mama's.

pacochran

We ate at H&V two years ago and weren't that impressed, even said we wouldn't go back. Haven't tried MM but will be doing so this coming November when we go.

PintoColvig

Honestly, now that I think about it, the only sit-downs we've eaten at and really like at DS is 50s Prime Time and Brown Derby.

imamouse

My teen-age son got food poisoning :hurl: at H&V, so it is off of our list as he refuses to go back. We enjoy certain menu items at MM and of course the atmosphere is much better than H&V.

LivinWitTheLand

If you go in Sept., don't base your ressie off of the Fantasmic package. We always go without the package b/c Fantasmic never is crowded in Sept. and it is not worth have to endure the pre-fix dinner menus and waste the variety that the free dining plan can offer at MM & BD.

We ate at MM 2 years ago. The food was just so-so. Not anything more impressive than the frozen garbage Olive Garden serves up and then just nukes. Pretty much just glorified Chef Boyardee. Our server was horrible. He kept insisting we had to order from the Fantasmic package menu, when we did not even have the package reservation. Finally, our bill was messed up anyway.

In all honesty, I agree that Brown Derby and 50's PT are the only places worth your time. We'll see about HV.

If you are set on trying H&V because you want to give it a try, go for it. If it is just because of the Fantasmic package, put your dining credits to better use and try 50's PT.

mousefan1972

We did the H & V Fantasmic package last September, and it was NOT worth it. The food wasn't great and the although the reserved seats were ok, there was plenty of seats elsewhere.

slappy magoo

We didn't have problems with service at Mama Melrose's but the food is only about on-par with Olive Garden. Whether or not you consider that a good or bad thing probably depends on how many "real" Italian restaurants are in your neck of the woods.

Vernonpush

Between those two? It is definitely Mama Melrose. H&V didn't have the best food, service was so so,a nd there was almost no atmosphere. While Mama's food is about typical fare, the themeing and ambience (as stated before) are far superior.
H&V is a buffet, how could the "service be so so"?:lol:

mousebymarriage

We ate at Mama Melrose's at the end of April , the service was great but the food was the WORST italian food I have ever eaten. Our enitre party of 10 was disappointed in the food, the sauce was disgusting:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: ! I have never eaten at H & V so I can't say if they are any better!

normdisney

Nver had a bad meal or sevice issue at Mama's. Hollywood and Vine is not a place for a good sit down meal. It is like eating at the Kitchen Buffet.

Go to Mama's!:)

csm7030

My wife and I had always thought Mama Melrose's looked interesting, but never tried. When we finally did, we were very disappointed. It was loud, the service was poor, and the food wasn't even as good as an Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill.

My wife likes the Sci Fi and I guess it's okay, but the only one that I think is worth it is the Brown Derby.

gunsnroses

We've eaten at M M's for lunch, and it was quite good. We've eaten at H & V several times and it's always been good in our opinion. I say you can't go wrong with either one, but if I had to choose it would be Mama Melroses for the atmosphere. You won't be as stuffed as you would be at the buffet, and you'll have room for some Mickey ears for dessert!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom