which hotel?

Bradley

Original Poster
PLEASE HELP - Our first family holiday (really!) kids are 11 and 12 wondering which hotel to go for - really like the look of Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge and was thinking about spending a week at each resort. Do you have any views on this. Alternatively, we were thinking of 10 days at resort and 3 day cruise - has anyone done anything similar???????

crazygirley

What you are planning sounds really expensive, but sounds like fun, too. Many people do stay at the resort then go on the cruise, in fact, the cruise bus can be seen in and out of the WDW resort on a daily basis, taking people to port canavrel and back. The AKL is really expensive, as is the PR. Whatever you do, have fun, but your idea/plan isn't out of the ordinary, thats for sure.

pooh071567

I've not stayed at either resort, but have heard wonderful things about both resorts. The only negative feedback I've heard is about the AKL being too far from the theme parks (except for AK). I hear the luau at the Polynesian is a blast. Whichever resort you choose, I hope you have a magical vacation!!!:)

Yellow Shoes

At AKL, it's all about the animals. If your family will go wild (sorry about that) at a giraffe outside your balcony, then by all means go for AKL.

Personally, I take comments about long bus rides with a grain of salt. I like being able to look around and see Disney property without having to worry about traffic. I confess to being a little of a palm tree fanatic (we don't have them in Kansas; nor in Ireland, I'm pretty sure), and love seeing the lush greenery of Florida. For me, the bus rides are a big part of the total immersion experience.

And remember, the advantage of the monorail disappears when you are going to the Studios or AKL (you take a bus to them). And you need to take 2 monorails to get to Epcot.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I vote AKL! :sohappy: The Poly is close to MK and is convenient, but I think the AKL is the better of the two themes. If I had the $$ and time to chose, I'd pick AKL. Just my $0.02. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom