Which DVC Resort & Why?

sconti

Original Poster
Hi. I'm starting to plan a 7 or 8 night trip for February 2006. I'm going to be staying at one of the five WDW DVC resorts. I'd love to hear which one people love the most and why. I've visited all five and stayed at the Boardwalk Villas (July/August 1997), but can't decide which one to stay at for my next trip. Thanks!

slappy magoo

I think to give a more "edumacated" answer, you need to tell us what are some of the more important things for you & your party to do, and who's IN your party (# of people? Any kids?). For instance, if you're planning to spend a lot of time @ Epcot & MGM, doing Boardwalk or BCV makes more sense to me. Plus, you'll have many more dining options, not only being so close to World Showcase, but all the other hotels that are in walking distance, too. If you plan to hit Disney's equivalence of the nightlife a lot, then you can factor in SSR or, to a lesser extent, OKW (no dissing on OKW, but you have theoretical walking distance to DTD from SSR). And if you plan to spend a lot of time at the MK, WLV are a no-brainer, in my opinion. Plus, then you're close to the monorail resorts, & the fun to be had at Fort Wilderness if you have young 'uns (campfire singalongs, outdoor movies, Hopp de Doo and the best dining value in WDW, Trail's End Buffet). Since we don't know those other factors though, all we can tell you is what DVC rooms WE'D like to stay at. My GF & I are staying at a studio in SSR in August (we figured the first time using DVC should be at our "home" resort). We thought about splitting it up with BCV, but they were all booked for our time frame. We like being able to go to Pleasure Island with relative ease, and we're supposed to have a view facing the lagoon for midnight fireworks (not that we'll need them, mee-yow!). I really like the rooms and privacy factor at OKW (plus I believe they have ferry service to DTD), but there's only two of us traveling, and the studios there have 2 queen sized beds (as opposed to a queen-sized bed & sleeper sofa @ all the other DVC studios). No sense having extra room if you can't actually MOVE in that extra room, though if we were traveling with kids or another couple, it might be a different story.

So...there's my life story, in a nutshell. Next?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom