Which Deluxe?

DisneyJill

I would choose AKL over BoardWalk, personally. I LOVE the Epcot Resort Area, and while I love to stay at BC and walk over to BoardWalk, it has just never appealed to me or made me want to stay there. AKL though is just fantastic, in my opinion. Lovely and unique theming and wonderful restaurants. Maybe a garden wing room at Contemporary would be an option that fits your budget?

Boardwalk or Yacht club as the rooms are bigger and they are in a good location. The building work is just at Beach club so shouldn't affect the Yacht club but I would avoid BC because of the building work. Have you thought about the contemporary as that's in a good location too.

surfsupdon

My opinion, AKL is the worst of your choices. One and done for me, there.

Most people rave about the animals. It was okay. I will say, the food at this Resort was top notch. Jiko and Boma are excellent, and The Mara is hands down my favorite food court. The lobby was beautiful, and the cultural touches throughout the Resort were also cool.

But the rooms were very small. Although the bus routes were direct, the bus rides were too long. The pool was too small, extremely shallow all over, and had a lame waterslide. And the majority of Resort grounds was inaccessible (Savannah). I just felt trapped - you were in the building itself, or on very small compact areas around Arusha Rock or the pool.

I'd stay again if I ever found a deal under 150/night. But probably not more, unless it was AKL or a Value.

mouse_luv

I love AKL Savannah view. I also enjoyed the view we had of DTD at SSR. I didn't see you mention SSR and it's really nice there! When we first got a room there I didn't think I was going to like it but I was pleasantly surprised!

epcot2004

Original Poster
I love AKL Savannah view. I also enjoyed the view we had of DTD at SSR. I didn't see you mention SSR and it's really nice there! When we first got a room there I didn't think I was going to like it but I was pleasantly surprised!

We live in Buffalo so I think SSR would remind me too much of home. I am sure it is a great property and will look at it but I spend most of my days trying to forget about where we live.

flyerjab

If you like the deluxe resorts, then I would select AKL only if you accept to pay more for the savannah view. We recently stayed in Jambo House with a prime savannah view over Thanksgiving and it was incredible. Not to mention that the lobby hits it out of the park for me. There are also so many other things about that resort: the fireplace in the lobby, the bar overlooking Boma, the outside area with the animals and animal guides, I could go on and on. To me it was a different experience entirely.

You are a little further away but I think that adds to the atmosphere and allows for more of a relaxed feeling when there. You also have Kidani Village right next door - well ok, about 7 minutes walking time. If you choose AKL, I would definitely reserve a dinner at Jiko. It is one of our favorite places to eat. Again, it is expensive but people that regularly visit WDW don't always go because it is a cheap vacation.

My wife and I even take it a step further and stay club level at the deluxe resorts. It costs more but we then don't worry about scheduling breakfast and sometimes lunch as we can go back to the club and eat and drink whatever is there. This would probably be more difficult when staying club level at AKL but our vacations we take are where we choose to splurge. We never pay rack rates though so when we go it typically involves discounts for us to afford it.

One other thing I will say about both AKL and Kidani Village. I feel that both resorts take on an entirely different feeling after sundown. These resorts use very dark colors to excellent effect and the lighting in the lobbies are amazing at night.

And to be completely transparent, I have also stayed in BW many times (we have only been to OKW once and that was to eat lunch at Olivia's). That is currently my favorite EPCOT resort, and the club level lounge staff in the BW is top notch. Overall, go with AKL with a savannah view. It is a can't miss.

aw14

We always stay at the Contemporary! LOVE it! Walking distance to Magic Kingdom, monorail, amazing food, amazing rooms, etc.
This is my answer as well. We won't stay anywhere else. We haram absolutely wonderful experience at CR. Highly recommended.

HauntedMansionFLA

I have always found that AKL transportation is really good. The longest ride is going to DTD because of all the lights and turns the bus makes, but the other parks are fairly quick including MK because you hit World drive and it is straight on to MK. The worst for me has been the MK resorts.

I am also curious about why "Never Again" for BLT?

IMHO would opt for AKL and the Boardwalk as a second choice.
Why were the MK resorts the worse regarding transport

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom