Which Deluxe Resort?

happymom52003

The Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge are my two favorite resorts....Polynesian for location, Wilderness for atmosphere. I voted for Wilderness Lodge since you are going at Christmas time.:xmas:

Upvote 0

grannynan

I have only stayed at Polynesian Resort and can't bring myself to make reservations at any other resort. It may not be as luxurious as its you would expect for the price, but it is pure Disney.

Upvote 0

Matt and Kelly

I voted Swan and Dolphin, simply because that is the only deluxe (actually, only on-site) hotel that I have stayed at. I really liked it. The location was out standing, the hotle was very nice, the rooms were great and even the smell of the lobby is something I'll remember for a long time.

Having said that, I'm not sure you could go wrong with any of these hotels. I would love to have the good fortune of staying in one of these resorts sometime down the road. If I had to choose, I would either go with the Boardwalk or the Grad Floridian. Both seem like spectacular hotels.

Have fun making your decision!

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Because your going in the winter, I would chose Wilderness. Warm, and inviting. I think the place just seems inviting during that time of the year. Of course AKL may be the same way but WL is my favorite so I am biased to begin with.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Since it's December, I voted in this order:

- WL
- AKL
- Yacht/Beach

If you like being close to the MK, and love the fireplace and coziness of the WL, then do that.

If you like being a little bit more remote and secluded, go for AKL.

If you like the Epcot area - I vote for YC.

Upvote 0

CBug88

I love the atmosphere of the AKL! I love the history and art of African culture displayed throughout the hotel and I love being able to relax away from the 'rush' of the people in the parks. A very nice place to wind down and take in details.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Whenever I hear this question, my first response is it depends.

All are nice and have unique features. Going in December also adds some different considerations.

Are you travelling with smaller children? If so, I think the monorail resorts are a great help as you can quickly get to MK or Epcot and can quickly get back to your room for a midday nap or whatever. Of those three, I would say GF for it's Christmas displays. These are also a real benefit if you don't have a car.

If you have a car, then AKL and WL are good options. As others have said, WL is very special around Christmas time, but AKL is also nice.

My preference would be for Beach/Yacht Club. I spend a lot of my time in Epcot, so to be in walking distance is great. Also walk or boat ride to Studios from there. Lobbies of Beach and Boardwalk are very nice holiday displays.

Upvote 0

jerseygirl407

While I think the theming of the Poly is great - grounds are beautiful etc, I was really surprised at the condition of the room my sister stayed in this past summer....she was in the building overlooking the main pool. The hallway had peeling wallpaper, the room just looked outdated (daybad was frayed at bottom). Not what I'd expect for the price.

The Boardwalk, on the other hand, has huge rooms and is really beautiful. Can't beat the easy access to Epcot & DHS either.

Upvote 0

WIX

WL is by far my favorite!!! I am a DVC member who paid more and it will expire sooner just to have this as my home resort. Such a peaceful resort. You really feel like you are away from all the hustle/bustle and can relax when away from the theme parks.

I have stayed at BW and rather enjoyed that one too. Very nice location and fun theme. Lots to do throughout the day as well.

Stayed at AKL and swore we would never stay there again. Although beautiful, the rooms are quite spread out to accommodate the savannah views. Our room was the last room on the opposite end of where the bus-stop was. It was quite the annoying trek at the end of the day when you are exhausted. If you can get a room close to the lobby, then go for it. Otherwise, it is worth a visit, but not the stay to me.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
WL is by far my favorite!!! I am a DVC member who paid more and it will expire sooner just to have this as my home resort. Such a peaceful resort. You really feel like you are away from all the hustle/bustle and can relax when away from the theme parks.

I have stayed at BW and rather enjoyed that one too. Very nice location and fun theme. Lots to do throughout the day as well.

Stayed at AKL and swore we would never stay there again. Although beautiful, the rooms are quite spread out to accommodate the savannah views. Our room was the last room on the opposite end of where the bus-stop was. It was quite the annoying trek at the end of the day when you are exhausted. If you can get a room close to the lobby, then go for it. Otherwise, it is worth a visit, but not the stay to me.

My vote is for boardwalk. The proximity to EPCOT is awesome, nightlife is great, boat-rides are fun. Winner all around.

Upvote 0

DonaldDoleWhip

The Boardwalk, on the other hand, has huge rooms and is really beautiful. Can't beat the easy access to Epcot & DHS either.
Boardwalk's rooms are actually among the smallest (besides AKL and WL), whereas Poly, GF, and CR have the largest.

I'd go with GF, by far, and I've stayed at them all besides WL (and that's by choice, due to the bad transport options and and smaller rooms). Especially during Christmas, with the lifesize gingerbread house and enormous tree.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We loved Grand Floridian!!! We have also stayed at Yacht Club and it was lovely! We have not stayed at AKL yet, but we have always wanted to. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

All of the Deluxe resorts are great and have something different to offer. We loved our stay at the Contemporary this past September. Would definitely stay there again. We have also stayed at the Poly and Wilderness. I like the Poly for it's location but absolutely loved WL. It has a great feel to it in my opinion.

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

I voted for the Polynesian. The location is great, especially if you're going to be spending most of your time at the MK, being on the monorail and also having the choice of the small boat, which we prefer when we leave the MK. We love watching the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach of the Poly, or as we did in December, from the club level lounge in the Hawaii building. What my DH loves about the Poly is how relaxed it is.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom