Which BOG room?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
My family and I dined at BOG for the first time just a few nights ago and absolutely loved it. We ended up being seated in the West Wing at the table directly in front of the enchanted rose. We all commented on how we preferred that room over the two other rooms. So my question is this. When booking at BOG, are you allowed to request a particular room, or are you just stuck wherever they put you?

Thanks in advance for the info!

BTW, I'm still in DW as I type this! Having an absolute blast!

Mukta

If you go for breakfast or lunch, you get to pick where to sit. Because of this, I have tried all 3 rooms. My preference depends on my mood and which room has less people/is quieter.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've eaten in all three rooms. Service was slowest in the West Wing - we were thinking they forgot about us. Actually prefer the ball room since it is (1) stunning and (2) I can see what I'm eating.

jaklgreen

My girls and I went last month for lunch and we were led to a table. This was the first time they told us where to sit for lunch. IDK if that was just for that day or if they are doing that for lunch now always.

HouCuseChickie

I prefer the ballroom. I know some complain that it's louder, but everyone and their mother wants to see the West Wing. So, if you're eating in there, there's this constant parade of people pushing through who want to see the portrait and the rose. We found it horribly disruptive and just did not enjoy our experience dining in there. The ballroom also has this grand feel to it that I really enjoyed.

Mot

We prefer the ballroom. The West Wing would be our second choice. It is quieter but a little on the dark side to see your food.

DizneyPryncess

We've been seated in the West Wing and the Ballroom for dinner, neither by request. We had a great time at both, but preferred the West Wing. I liked that it had less people. Our table was in the corner, away from the rose, so we didn't have the experience of all the people walking by our table. I can see how having a table close to the rose could get annoying though. I think in the fall we'll probably put in a request for the West Wing, and see what happens. I'm fine if it can't be done though, I'm just happy I got an ADR haha. :D

Matt_Black

I might be in the minority, but I really like the other room, and I forget what it's called. I love all the portraits, it feels less crowded and more quiet than the other rooms, and it's just overall a really pleasant spot to eat.

Matt_Black

It's just one of the many things that makes no sense about the restaurant. For instance, it is clear that this takes place during the curse when, with the exception of Belle, The Beast isn't really all that open to strangers. So why in the name of Samuel W. Scratch is he allowing in tourists?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom