Which attractions are getting "station gates" next?

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Just curious to know...

Which specific Walt Disney World theme park attractions are next in line to get "station gates"? When will they be getting them?

I assume that the following attractions will be getting "station gates":

Snow White
Pooh
Space Mountain
Living with the Land
El Rio Del Tiempo
Maelstrom (definetely...and during its current rehab)
Great Movie Ride
Backlot Tour
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro Safaris

There's no doubt that they'll be "themed".

Pioneer Hall

I don't think the Great Movie Ride will get them because people only go in to the car area when they are already in the station and the only people walking around when the cars are moving are the Cast members who work there. So I don't think it needs them. As for the other attractions I am sure that sooner or later they will get them. Truthfully they don't bother me. They provide extra security for Disney so now stupid people won't go do something dangerous. And it doesn't hurt the theme of a ride (like the TV screens on Spaceship Earth).

WDW Imagineer

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
And it doesn't hurt the theme of a ride (like the TV screens on Spaceship Earth).

That is the most horrible thing ever done to a Epcot attraction even surpasses JII to JIYI. The most horrible thing ever. They could have found a better place to put them, hmmm mayby the waiting line where you are looking for some entertainment.

pheneix

>>>And it doesn't hurt the theme of a ride (like the TV screens on Spaceship Earth).<<<

Did you smoke something before you got on Spaceship Earth? ;)

Not only did it ruin the theme on SE, it killed it!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>And it doesn't hurt the theme of a ride (like the TV screens on Spaceship Earth).<<<

Did you smoke something before you got on Spaceship Earth? ;)

Not only did it ruin the theme on SE, it killed it!

I was saying that the gates don't hurt the theme of the ride like the TV screens do. I was saying that the screens were a terrible addition and I am totally against them. Please try and get your facts straight before you say something like you said. You could have just brought it up instead of saying was I smoking something.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by wdwkid17
What is a "station gate". Just curious... Thanks

While you are waiting to board the attraction, there are gates in front of you that open when it is safe to board. Test track is a perfect example...you wait on the "numbered circles" until the car comes to a complete stop, then the gates will open and you can board.

Mouse3268

Originally posted by wdwkid17
What is a "station gate". Just curious... Thanks

A station gate is a gate that keeps people from going on the track or getting on a moving object like a car, train, or boat.:king:

Tramp

Re: Gates

Originally posted by BigAL
I almost positive Pooh already has them.

Pooh still has the numbered spots on the floor....

Dinosaur and the Safari are accidents waiting to happen...STUPID parents let their kids go first into the station queue and I pray that a kid wouldn't accidently fall into the path of the vehicles on both of these attractions....

Mouse3268

Re: Re: Gates

Originally posted by Tramp

Pooh still has the numbered spots on the floor....

Dinosaur and the Safari are accidents waiting to happen...STUPID parents let their kids go first into the station queue and I pray that a kid wouldn't accidently fall into the path of the vehicles on both of these attractions....

I agree. Even if there wasn't a car coming it still is a long drop from the top of the Safari station to the ground.

Mouse3268

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

While you are waiting to board the attraction, there are gates in front of you that open when it is safe to board. Test track is a perfect example...you wait on the "numbered circles" until the car comes to a complete stop, then the gates will open and you can board.

You said it better then I did.:king:

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Pooh DOES NOT have "station gates" yet.

Earlier this year, it was said that Pooh would go down for a rehab this fall...to install the station gates and to perform routine maintenance/cleaning/repairs.

Is that Pooh rehab still happening?

disneyphilip

Original Poster
P.S.--I was thinking that the reason why "The Great Movie Ride" would get "station gates" would be to keep the guests waiting to board away from the vehicles while the guests that are stepping out of the vehicles are exiting.

The gates would remain closed until all of the existing passengers left the building.

Once the exiting passengers have filed out, the gates would open and the next loads of guests would be given permission to board.

All this would keep the different crowds of guests from clashing...and there'd be no traffic/crowd problems (if any were to occur).

I hope this clears things up a little.

Tramp

I think the Great Movie Ride would be the last attraction to get the gates if it gets them at all....there's sufficient space between the queue and the vehicles to prevent the accidental push or fall to the track area....plus, the vehicles move at a snails pace and can be stopped quickly.

While we were there, guests remained in the queue until the passengers unloaded and the CMs directed them into the vehicles...it was very orderly and there was little risk of injury to anyone...

on TWO other occasions, people filed directly from the preview room thru the doors and onto the vehicles...no one waited in the queue at all...

...Space Mountain can use the gates....I think anywhere a vehicle quickly approaches the loading area with guests waiting close to the load area should get the gates....the biggest risk is someone accidently getting shoved or falling into the path of the vehicle and the CM doesn't have time to react.

sjordan14

Gates are a Very Good Idea

The gates are there to prevent people from doing stupid things. And not just before the vehicles get into position. In May, we saw a little child in line in front of us jump into a moving vehicle as it pulled up to be loaded. The CM saw it happen and stopped the ride as it happened. It could have been much worse. The gates would have prevented this. There's absolutely no reason to be against these gates. They'll prevent injuries and save lives.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Re: Gates are a Very Good Idea

Originally posted by sjordan14
The gates are there to prevent people from doing stupid things. And not just before the vehicles get into position. In May, we saw a little child in line in front of us jump into a moving vehicle as it pulled up to be loaded. The CM saw it happen and stopped the ride as it happened. It could have been much worse. The gates would have prevented this. There's absolutely no reason to be against these gates. They'll prevent injuries and save lives.

That happened just yesterday on Pooh, he thought the vehicle was comming to hima t the second load area and it was continuing to the first instead. The ride e-stopped.

-Rob

Tramp

Re: Re: Gates are a Very Good Idea

Originally posted by RobFL

That happened just yesterday on Pooh, he thought the vehicle was comming to hima t the second load area and it was continuing to the first instead. The ride e-stopped.

-Rob

hey Rob...
...I can see how that happened on Pooh...with two loading areas, if you're not paying attention, you can easily begin to step forward as one vehicle passes you on it's way to the other loading area....I've seen this happen to adults too...

...there is a culture of urgency to get on the attraction that the gates will eliminate .... they work GREAT in RnR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom