Where's the love for Jack Skellington at the Haunted Mansion in WDW?

Californian Elitist

Imagine, you take your first holiday in 5 years, spend a small fortune, and the most iconic features of the park are cartoonified with silly decorations...

This wouldn't happen for me personally, because I would research when these kinds of things would go up and not plan to go during that time.

I'm not getting anywhere here. To the OP, I'm sorry WDW doesn't offer HMH for Nightmare fans like you and I hope you have the chance to make it to DL or TDL to experience it! Halloween at Disneyland seems perfect for you. Jack Skellington sort of becomes the mascot for the resort during the season, and even makes an appearance in the firework show, including Zero.

Halloween1LARGE.jpg

46282d1253931174-new-halloween-fireworks-show-dlr9-24-2009-2-37-15-pm.jpg

Phantom_Cookie

Original Poster
This wouldn't happen for me personally, because I would research when these kinds of things would go up and not plan to go during that time.

I'm not getting anywhere here. To the OP, I'm sorry WDW doesn't offer HMH for Nightmare fans like you and I hope you have the chance to make it to DL or TDL to experience it! Halloween at Disneyland seems perfect for you. Jack Skellington sort of becomes the mascot for the resort during the season, and even makes an appearance in the firework show, including Zero.

Halloween1LARGE.jpg

46282d1253931174-new-halloween-fireworks-show-dlr9-24-2009-2-37-15-pm.jpg

Oh wow that's awesome! Thanks for that!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
See, now that is fantastic! The conversation got sidetracked about the cake, but that's what I meant in an earlier post about not overstepping the charm of the original. The cake was gaudy, and while it was cute and fun, I can completely understand why it turned people off.

For halloween, I think this would work better at Hollywood studios then magic kingdom, but I've never been to a MNNSHP either...so, it may be perfect!

Loved the pictures!

Californian Elitist

See, now that is fantastic! The conversation got sidetracked about the cake, but that's what I meant in an earlier post about not overstepping the charm of the original. The cake was gaudy, and while it was cute and fun, I can completely understand why it turned people off.

For halloween, I think this would work better at Hollywood studios then magic kingdom, but I've never been to a MNNSHP either...so, it may be perfect!

Loved the pictures!

I definitely suggest you visit either MK or DL for Halloween! It's a lot of fun, unless you don't really like Halloween LOL. Glad you like the photos!

PS- The cake caste was horrible, IMO.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think since MK doesn't do HMH, the least they could do is get Jack and Sally in the park. I heard they're not in the park, is this true?

Merchandise is available, but that's about it. However, I go in August, so someone who does Oct regularly would have a better idea.

I'm a fan of the characters and wouldn't mind seeing them included...the reason I brought up HS is that park is extremely droll. It's changed missions so often that now its a hodge pudge of attractions with little unifying theme. It's still better then Animal Kingdom in my book...but outside of the Osborne Lights, is nothing special.

People rave about Fantasmic here, but I found it underwhelming. Nothing like the amazing Celebration V Star Wars Last Tour to Endor fireworks in 2010.

It does have the Osborne Lights, so including something like this pre-Christmas would be loads of fun I think.

Californian Elitist

Merchandise is available, but that's about it. However, I go in August, so someone who does Oct regularly would have a better idea.

I'm a fan of the characters and wouldn't mind seeing them included...the reason I brought up HS is that park is extremely droll. It's changed missions so often that now its a hodge pudge of attractions with little unifying theme. It's still better then Animal Kingdom in my book...but outside of the Osborne Lights, is nothing special.

People rave about Fantasmic here, but I found it underwhelming. Nothing like the amazing Celebration V Star Wars Last Tour to Endor fireworks in 2010.

It does have the Osborne Lights, so including something like this pre-Christmas would be loads of fun I think.

How is the merchandise? Do they go all out with the Nightmare theme? I bet I can already answer that question.

I think it was last week, I had asked about DHS's theme. I was so confused. I think you should sit down one day and YouTube Disneyland's Fantasmic! and notice the differences.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
How is the merchandise? Do they go all out with the Nightmare theme? I bet I can already answer that question.

I think it was last week, I had asked about DHS's theme. I was so confused. I think you should sit down one day and YouTube Disneyland's Fantasmic! and notice the differences.

It's shoved into corners of various shops...as you would suspect.

I have compared the two Fantasmics, and I agree, the DLC version is superior.

love disney

That's great that it wouldn't happen to you, but for many people it would. Often times the ONLY time people can take a destination/once-in-a-lifetime trip is during the holidays. For instance, my fiancé (now wife) was working in Japan for a year, and the only time I was able to visit her was Christmas. This meant that I saw the Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Christmas overlay during what was likely my only trip to Japan. From my understanding Tokyo Disney is primarily repeat visitors like DL, so even though I would have like to see their normal HM, it makes sense for them to do the overlay. I still think that the number of one-time visitors to WDW plays a large part in there being no holiday overlay.

mouse_luv

While I would love to see HMH, I think I'll just make a trip to DL to see it at the time of the year it appears, no need to overlay the HM at WDW with it. :)

rufio

The "once in a lifetime guest" excuse doesn't make sense and it's a silly reason not to do overlays.

HMH is amazing and I think it sucks WDW doesn't have it.

Agreed. Even on my first trip in 2009 (which I thought was going to be my only trip), I went to MK to see the castle, not HM. Don't get me wrong, HM is one of my favorite rides! But I wouldn't be upset if they made it over for halloween.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I actually enjoy that the parks have differences. It makes a trip to go see the other parks even more enticing. I do WDW often because it is geographically convenient to me...but a trip out to DLC, not to mention the other DLs is on my bucket list. I'd hate to go out there and get the same experience for much more cost.

cba

I like how the Haunted Mansion Holiday is original to Disneyland, but I guess maybe a different Christmas story in the WDW Haunted Mansion during the holidays won't hurt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom