Where would you put...

Mr Morrow

Interesting thread! This led me to research some disney resorts and attractions 'that were never built'.

The Asian themed hotel to be located where the GF is today looked exciting and so did the Venetian Resort which was meant to be built between the transportation and ticket centre and the Contemporary, only to be scrapped due to 'an extremely deep foundation'.

Maybe a little dated, but a hotel inspired by the beautiful city of Venice would make a pretty sweet deluxe resort!

copcarguyp71

Diagonally across bay lake from Wilderness lodge looks like a nice piece of real estate. I am thinking perhaps an asian themed resort might be a theme that would add color and lodging options to the palate. Just spit balling here so please do not mistake this for a seriously well thought out master plan but I just looked at googlemaps for an open area with reasonable locale to the parks and transportation and then brainstormed what had not been done yet but would have a broad appeal.

I am sure there are tons of folks who would say Star Wars but I still say that it does not have a broad enough appeal for an entire park or resort the way others have envisioned.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Interesting thread! This led me to research some disney resorts and attractions 'that were never built'.

The Asian themed hotel to be located where the GF is today looked exciting and so did the Venetian Resort which was meant to be built between the transportation and ticket centre and the Contemporary, only to be scrapped due to 'an extremely deep foundation'.

Maybe a little dated, but a hotel inspired by the beautiful city of Venice would make a pretty sweet deluxe resort!
Venice based deluxe...brilliant!

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I'd put a new moderate between CSR and the race track. That would situate it right in the middle of all of the parks. I think that a whole resort based off HM would be awesome! :)

Skibum1970

Close to the monorail loop. The hotel would be a blend of all three (Value, Moderate, and Deluxe). The theme would be Europe and each level would be a different country. The level would not be reflective of the country, either (aka, cheap vs expensive). I think that the three countries would be England, Germany, and Italy with the hotel buildings resembling architecture from each country. The sit-down restaurants would feature some authentic faire from the represented country.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Close to the monorail loop. The hotel would be a blend of all three (Value, Moderate, and Deluxe). The theme would be Europe and each level would be a different country. The level would not be reflective of the country, either (aka, cheap vs expensive). I think that the three countries would be England, Germany, and Italy with the hotel buildings resembling architecture from each country. The sit-down restaurants would feature some authentic faire from the represented country.
Good idea and well thought out.

Genie of the Lamp

I think we need a Brazilian themed hotel/resort for the Brazilian tourists WDW gets. That way we at least don't have to put up with em at our resort. But in all honesty, you theme it towards the Amazon Rainforest and what not that makes Brazil special. This would be a deluxe resort located near the AK. No Disney themed hotel rooms here either like at AOA or POR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom