Where to take my girlfriend

agent86

Original Poster
I'm taking my girlfriend on our first trip to Orlando together and wanted to take her to a nice dinner while we are there. Not necessarily Victoria & Albert's caliber, but something nice. Any suggestions?

I've heard Boma and Jiko are both nice (never eaten at either of those). How is Citricos? Also, which is the nicest dining at Wilderness Lodge? Is it Artists Point?

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions anyone has. Also, any recommendations of specific menu items would be much appreciated!

tigsmom

Artist Point in the WL is very nice. We loved Boma, but haven't been to Jiko.
How about the Yachtsman Steakhouse in the YC?

MattyFresh

Boma is really nice, but not really on the romantic aspect you might be looking for.

I second the vote for California Grill, the view is amazing and you can't beat the dinner and fireworks.

TomHendricks

I highly recommend Jiko. In fact when my wife and I are going down to DW in October we have reservations for there already.

knights87

my girlfriend and I really enjoy going to Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. There King Salmon and Tuna is amazing, they also have a great wine list.

danpam1024

I really recommend Jiko for something romantic, unique, and very special. It blew us away last year.

Jiko has gotten "bumped" 3 years in a row for us (we had to much to eat at the parks, too tired, etc). This year DH and I are DETERMINED to go. They are supposed to have an incredible wine list, and when I've reviewed the menu on allears, it looks amazing. Maybe we'll be able to see a few animals on our way in too:D.
Anyway, my point...I'm glad to hear you liked it so much:wave:

BTW to the OP are you staying on property? Off property, "Roy's" is wonderful and romantic. We have one here in Bonita Springs, and it's well worth the splurge!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
So far everyone has suggested Resort restaurants, so I figured I'd make a recommendation inside the parks. I've always found San Angel Inn in Mexico at WS to be romantic. There's something about the fact that the sun could be shining outside, but once you walk in you're transported to an evening along a river in Mexico... Ahhh, romantic!

love-2.gif

rcpocetti

probably california grill if you want to spend that much or if you want somethin a little bit cheaper but still fancy the new italian restaurant at epcot its got good athmosphere the servers are nice and the food is good.

rwdavis2

Again, California Grill for dinner and fireworks. try to find out or gues what time the fireworks will be and make the reservation about an hour before hand.
Bob

Park Hopper

lots of great places...

if you can afford it, just a step below Victoria & Alberts.... Bistro de Paris, a very exclusive and romantic location, upstairs in France at Epcot.

California Grill as others have said... Best place for viewing fireworks, if you don't get a window seat, you can use the viewing platform area.

Jiko - wonderful food here and you can request to sit at the Cooking Place for something unique.

Narcoossees - the Lobster is yummy along with other things and you can view the nightly Electric Water Pagent Parade from there during dinner, or from a nearby beach area.

Hope you have a great romantic evening!

MinnieLee

How about Yachtsman Steak house at the Yacht & Beach? Love BOMA but definitely not the romantic atmosphere. Jiko was different and good. LeCellier at EPCOT is great. Fulton's Crab House. Narciosees (sp?) at GF is also really good. You can't realy go wrong with any of the restaurants on property it's just what your budget will allow. Have a great time!

Mrs.Toad

For a dinner a deux with a lot of ambience and Disney magic those two restaurants definitely popped up in my head before I scaled down the thread.

California Grill and San Angel. My boyfriend and I loved it.

There are other wonderful places but if it's a quiet,couple experience, they can be busy and crowded and may not be the atmosphere you're looking for.

For a before dinner cocktail, I love the Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club. It's lovely and was always cozy and empty when I went a few times one summer. Even just to hang out to relax between parks. It's elegant and quiet when I went.

agent86

Original Poster
Thank you!!!!

Wow, thank you so much to everyone for your input!! Gosh, now I'm torn because I was leaning toward something "exotic" like Jiko, but so many of you have recommended the California Grill, that I think I need to at least consider it. Any particular menu items that stand out? Maybe I'll consider trying to swing going to both places now. We actually arrive in town on Saturday late afternoon. My plan was to do the nice dinner that night and then go to Pleasure Island afterward. But we're going to Animal Kingdom on one of the days, so maybe we could do Jiko after the park. Hmmmm.... the wheels are turning now.

Anyway, thanks again and feel free to keep the recommendations coming!!

Oh, one more thing: Everyone rants and raves about something at Boma called a "Zebra Dome"?? I heard, though, that you don't have to actually go to that restaurant to get one, that you can go to a counter service restaurant and get them there too. Does anyone have more details about this?

bluejasmine

To me nice doesnt mean expensive..I love Ohana, CR, LeCellier, San Angle, heard Kona is nice too. I think she'll be happy just being with you..On my honeymoon next month we chose Ohana, CR and San Angel for atmosphere and food!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom