Where to stay?

Philo

Original Poster
I've been to DLP before and stayed at both the Disneyland hotel (thanks to a free upgrade upon arrival!) and the Sequoia Lodge.

We're hoping to go again in November but can't decide where to stay. We're leaning towards Newport Bay or New York but open to suggestions.

We're not too bothered about the distance from the parks as they are all pretty much within walking distance. The things which matter are: the theme / immersion of the hotel and the quality of breakfast!

So, any suggestions?

CharlieD

Well Disneyland Hotel is the most luxurious hotel, at the park entrance and the most expensive! But I go for Hotel New York or Newport Bay Club most of the time too and New York is much better! It's closer, more intimate, less noisy and is a great recreation of New York's Rockefeller Plaza. Not sure about breakfast though. Newport Bay Club has good theming too. If you're on a budget try one of the cheaper partner hotels. We stayed at the Dream Castle Hotel, it has a good medieval theming, a good breakfast :D and is half the price of Disney hotels. There's a shuttle bus to the parks aswell.

Philo

Original Poster
Thanks.

If I could afford it, I would be staying at the Disneyland hotel again in a heartbeat but it's a lot more than even New York.

I have though about the partner hotels but to be honest, I think I would always regret not staying in a Disney hotel - kind of like staying in the Swan & Dolphin at WDW. The location is great, the hotel is great but it's not quite Disney.

At the moment I am leaning towards the New Port Bay. On our last visit we had a quick look around the New York and whilst it was nice, it didn't blow us away and hence probably not worth the extra.

I also really like the look of the Cheyenne but as this gift is a bit of an unexpected treat, I would rather try out a hotel I'm less likely to stay in on another visit.

I've been to DLP before and stayed at both the Disneyland hotel (thanks to a free upgrade upon arrival!) and the Sequoia Lodge.

We're hoping to go again in November but can't decide where to stay. We're leaning towards Newport Bay or New York but open to suggestions.

We're not too bothered about the distance from the parks as they are all pretty much within walking distance. The things which matter are: the theme / immersion of the hotel and the quality of breakfast!

So, any suggestions?

What did you think of Sequoia? Currently I am booked there for Oct 30 thru Nov 3.

kirstenoel

Personally, I'd say Hotel New York because I've stayed in all of the other on-site hotels and would love to try that one.

We were going to stay at the New York on our last trip, but decided to upgrade to the Disneyland Hotel last minute. The Newport Bay is very nice, however I have been told the NEw York rooms are more modern.

Go to the New York and tell me what it's like :king:

Snapper Bean

Personally, I'd say Hotel New York because I've stayed in all of the other on-site hotels and would love to try that one.

We were going to stay at the New York on our last trip, but decided to upgrade to the Disneyland Hotel last minute. The Newport Bay is very nice, however I have been told the NEw York rooms are more modern.

Go to the New York and tell me what it's like :king:

I will be staying at Hotel New York March 20-28. I'll be sure to weigh in on its merits after I return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom