Where to Stay for 4 adults and 2 kids?

riogirl

Original Poster
I am would love some feedback on exact places that could accommodate my family of 4 adults and 2 children. We stayed in adjoining rooms in the past but hoped to find a place where we can all be together. Villa? Suite? not sure exactly what type of rooms are available for 7 night stay this Aug 2015. Any help?? Thanks!

MorganKelly

The suites at AOA accommodate 6 with 2 bathrooms and a mini kitchen. Same for All Star Music suites.

The villas you would want to consider would be the 2 bedroom units which sleep 8-9, with wo fulll bedrooms, a sleep sofa and a sleep chair. A studio would be too small for 6. Also Fort Wilderness cabins sleep 6 (but only one bathroom).

If you can swing accommodations with the extra bathroom, it is a huge time-saver. All of the above options will provide at least a mini-kitchen, which is a terrific perk for snacks and quick morning meals.

HollyAD

We stayed in a 2 br AKL
Villa last year. It was amazing! We had a large balcony, washer and dryer, full kitchen, two bathrooms and lots of space. The room was beautifully done as well. We also stayed in A Cars suite at AoA this past fall. We really
Loved it too. AoA has a really fun theme and great pool area. It doesn't seem like a value in my opinion and carries a much smaller price tag than AKL. I never took advantage of a full kitchen at AKL so just having a microwave and refrigerator at AOA was fine.

slappy magoo

We stayed in a 2 br AKL
Villa last year. It was amazing! We had a large balcony, washer and dryer, full kitchen, two bathrooms and lots of space. The room was beautifully done as well. We also stayed in A Cars suite at AoA this past fall. We really
Loved it too. AoA has a really fun theme and great pool area. It doesn't seem like a value in my opinion and carries a much smaller price tag than AKL.
I never took advantage of a full kitchen at AKL so just having a microwave and refrigerator at AOA was fine.

The attention to childlike detail at AoA is admirable. Grounds are great to walk through. The pools are amazing, especially Big Blue. But The food court is cacophonous; it's like if the food court in your local mall was next to a movie theater...and it's opening weekend for the sequel to The Avengers...so every family's grabbing a burger before or after the show..and it's coinciding with a bridal show...all of the time. For a family like the OP, 2 adults & 4 kids, if any more than one of those kids needs help picking food and having it cut or served to them, I think it'd be a major buzzkill for the vacation. It might be a moot point since the OP said deluxe, not value. But for me, that food court negates a lot of positives an AoA suite might possess. And since there's no sit down restaurant on property, I'd tell anyone to seriously consider maximizing the use of the kitchenette. I'd rather go for a DVC suite, even if it meant eating most meals in the kitchen we prepare ourselves. I think it'd probably be faster to make food for a family of 6 than navigating through that food court.

princessmommy

2 bedroom villa at villas of wilderness lodge!

Or a deluxe room club level in the regular wilderness lodge

Could also do an executive suite at coronado (moderate but ver deluxe-ish)

Fizban

I stayed in the executive suite at CS and even though I don't care very much for CS the suite was (and trying to be corny) it was SWEET!

Last edited:

Gaston's gal

You can find room for 6 at the Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge or Villas, Boardwalk Inn or Villas, Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Old Key West or Saratoga Springs. We have stayed in a 2 bedroom with our children at Saratoga Springs, AKL and Villa and Wilderness Lodge and were pleased with all of them. It really depends on what location you want and what specifics in a resort your family will enjoy. No Disney resort will disappoint, but I'm sure you know that. Let me know if you need more help. Enjoy your trip!

WDW!

If it doesn't have to be on the Disney property, we stay at the Windsor Hills Townhouses. They have 3 bedrooms,3 bathrooms, & your own small pool. The distance to any of the parks is the same as staying at one of the value resorts. The price is less than the deluxe resorts. The website I use for them is vacationcentralflorida.com. We can't afford deluxe resorts, I can't help with advice on them :(

docdebbi

i agree wit allidog1 above, when we have 6 we like the cabins. lots of room, full kitchen, drive right to your door if you have a car. but it is not a deluxe, if you really want deluxe, it won't fit the bill
I was thinking that if one of your kids is under 3, the yacht club in a regular room is a good choice. it fits five, and the kid under 3 doesn't count. we did this last year as our last chance to do it, as next visit the little will be over 3 and count! it's a fantastic resort, now on my top 2 list! so if child is under 3 consider yacht/beach club

Lvant

Our family loves Old Key West! The rooms are huge, the full kitchen is fantastic, and you can park your car right in front of your room.

DizneyPryncess

If it were me, I'd do a 2 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk or Beach Club. I like staying in that area, with walking access to 2 parks. We had a 2 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk in 2013 for 5 people, and it was a beautiful room! I would have booked it again for our next trip but none were available.

BethG

I would think about what location and/or amenities you are interested in.

I've stayed in 2-bdrm villas at BLT and Kidani. They have 3 bathrooms in the 2-bdrm villas at those two resorts. So, that is a bonus.

The treehouse villas are nice for 4 adults and 2 kids. They have 3-bdrms. 2 bedrooms with 1 queen bed in each and the 3rd bedroom has bunk beds.

We are staying at beach club for the first time this year. I am excited about the short walk to Epcot. I have several dinners planned there.

I also wouldn't count AoA out. The pictures look so cute. For the price, it is worth checking in to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom