Where to Saty at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village??

Sammy5150

We are going to The World in 7 Days!!

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Where should we try and request a room? Sunset, Savana, Up high, lower floor etc...

We are in a 2 bedroom and only there for 2 nights before moving to BWV 2 bedroom for 8 nights.

Let me know your thoughts people!

:D

scorp111

I always prefer lower floors at AKL. I don't recall nearly as much difference as to room location at Kidani vs Jambo house, due to the shape of the resort, and the location of the pool. So I would go with low and closer to the lobby.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Well you won't get Savannah unless you've paid for Savannah view (with points or cash), there's rare stories of folks getting upgraded but it's just that, rare!

I personally request the higher floors because I like the view higher up. I'd also request a room closer to the lobby as the resort is quite spread out. One side of the resort puts you closer to the bus stops and the other side puts you closer to the pool. Depends on where you want to be. If you're relying on bussing, than the bus stop side might be your better option.

Upvote 0

Sammy5150

Original Poster
Well you won't get Savannah unless you've paid for Savannah view (with points or cash), there's rare stories of folks getting upgraded but it's just that, rare!

I personally request the higher floors because I like the view higher up. I'd also request a room closer to the lobby as the resort is quite spread out. One side of the resort puts you closer to the bus stops and the other side puts you closer to the pool. Depends on where you want to be. If you're relying on bussing, than the bus stop side might be your better option.

So my wife just tells me that we have a Savannha view (she may have told me this in the past, I need to pay more attention). I like to be higher too but have heard the view of the animals is better lower. I still want to request up high but have a feeling the wife will go with the lower. We will have a van to get around so I'll have her request closer to the pool too.

Thanks NewfieFan!

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

So my wife just tells me that we have a Savannha view (she may have told me this in the past, I need to pay more attention). I like to be higher too but have heard the view of the animals is better lower. I still want to request up high but have a feeling the wife will go with the lower. We will have a van to get around so I'll have her request closer to the pool too.

Thanks NewfieFan!

Yes, in that case a lower view will be better for seeing the animals. You'll be seeing them more at ground level as opposed to looking down upon them. However I had "savannah" view once (I put it in " because we didn't actually have and or pay for savannah view but we were right on the edge of the savannah) and we were on the 4th or 5th floor, it was still amazing seeing the animals from that high up plus I liked being able to see far off in the distance.

Upvote 0

luv

I do not Saty!

I can't believe you would even bring that up here - this is not a sleazy board!

;) I joke.

I don't make requests, but I prefer higher floors most everywhere else and never seem to care what floor I'm on at AKL. :)

Upvote 0

Sammy5150

Original Poster
I do not Saty!

I can't believe you would even bring that up here - this is not a sleazy board!

;) I joke.

I don't make requests, but I prefer higher floors most everywhere else and never seem to care what floor I'm on at AKL. :)

HA! I'm not such a good typer!

What about BWV? We have Preferred / Gargen/Water after the first two nights at AKL.

Upvote 0

tarin24u

We were in Kidani - Sunset for 6 days in August. Stunning! Our 2brdm villa was on the 6th floor all the way to the left. Far from the lobby but our elevator took us right down to the pool so it was an even exchange. Wonderful resort - lots of walking. We had a wonderful view of animals. The zebras slept outside our room every nite. Enjoy :)

Upvote 0

wiigirl

I always prefer lower floors at AKL. I don't recall nearly as much difference as to room location at Kidani vs Jambo house, due to the shape of the resort, and the location of the pool. So I would go with low and closer to the lobby.

Same here!
75.gif

Upvote 0

ctosh

this is our home resort and we do the same every trip

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom