Where to eat?

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
The DW and I will be headed to WDW in 194 days and our 180+10 comes up next week. Here's what we've agreed upon and will hopefully get for our ADRs:
Arrival Day - No ADR
Day 2 - Le Cellier dinner
Day 3 - No ADR
Day 4 - Sci-Fi lunch
Day 5 - Be Our Guest dinner
Day 6 - 'Ohana dinner
Day 7 - Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
Day 8 - Via Napoli lunch
Day 9 - Crystal Palace breakfast

We're pretty happy with our Table Service selections, but aren't really sure what to eat for Quick Service. Here's what we do know we want to try:
Flame Tree BBQ (the best quick service we've tried, by FAR)
Gaston's Tavern (or at least I do, for that pork shank!)
Be Our Guest lunch
Wolfgang Puck @ DTD
Casey's Corner

We need 2 suggestions for Epcot and 2 suggestions for Hollywood Studios. There's so much to choose from at Epcot, I am stumped, and at HS... it all seems the same. Any suggestions? Or, if you have a better suggestion for anything we have up there already, please share! Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

belledream

EPCOT: Yorkshire County Fish Shop (UK), Katsura Grill (Japan)
Hollywood Studios: Fairfax Fare, then take your pick...nothing great IMO

PrincessNelly_NJ

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, La Cantina de San Angel, or my favorite Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie.
Hollywood Studios: Backlot Express or Pizza Planet... none are that great... I'd pay out of pocket for Via Napoli and book another table service here. Maybe fantasmic dining package at MM or HBD? 50 PT is good too.

rael ramone

Marrakesh is a great restaurant in Epcot, that is, while it's table service, for lunch no reservation is necessary and they will seat you immediately.

HS has a reputation for being bad for QS. If you don't mind a hike Boardwalk Bakery at the Boardwalk has pretty good sandwiches...

Ember

We ate at Starring Rolls and Pizza Planet last week. Starring Rolls was yummy, PP was just meh, but not terrible. We ate at Tangierine Cafe at Epcot and it was outstanding!

G8rchamps

We are going to HS on Sunday and have the same issue- the QS is all blah. We were not a fan of Pizza Planet last time. Prob end up with a burger or chicken sand from ABC.

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
We are going to HS on Sunday and have the same issue- the QS is all blah. We were not a fan of Pizza Planet last time. Prob end up with a burger or chicken sand from ABC.

Yeah, I believe that's where we landed last visit (ABC). It was the least "blech" out of all the QS at HS IIRC. Have fun, and happy birthday!!!

Last edited:

jpittore1

Just a quick tip, when calling to get your ADRs , schedule BOG first, be open to switch that ADR for day 7 or 9. BOG is at times
Hard to get, but have the CM schedule that one first to determine how it can fit in your schedule.

plaz10

We need 2 suggestions for Epcot and 2 suggestions for Hollywood Studios. There's so much to choose from at Epcot, I am stumped, and at HS... it all seems the same. Any suggestions? Or, if you have a better suggestion for anything we have up there already, please share! Thanks everyone!

Hollywood Studios - Starring Rolls: Sandwich, chips and a big delicious cupcake!
- Studio Catering Company: we love the buffalo chicken sandwich there! And it's usually not super crowded so you have no problem finding a seat in the shade

EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons
- La Cantina de San Angel (love their tacos!)
- Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles (The France Bakery) - they have soups, sandwiches, breads and awesome desserts! Love it there!

petey

Try a Hidden Gem, Sanaa @ AKL, although more people are discovering it. While you are waiting for your table, grab a drink and go out to the savannah deck and enjoy the animals. Get there early and ask for a table by the windows where you can watch the animals roam.

CheshireCat12

Try Spice Road Table at Epcot, it is table service but you can try some interesting things! I thought it was all pretty tasty. It won't be cheap though. I also like the nachos at La Cantina and the cheese plate at Boulangerie.
For HS- I don't usually like to eat QS there, just snacks. A Butterfinger cupcake will tide you over for quite some time! You already have Sci-Fi on your list, I did enjoy the food there.

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
@CheshireCat12 My wife and I love Sci-Fi! The ambiance, the old cartoons & movie clips, and the food is good. Interestingly enough, Butterfingers are my favorite candy bar, but I found the cupcake to be unfortunately far too rich for my tastes. I could barely eat much of it at all last trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom