Where to eat?

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
were starting to plan for our next trip to the world in april 2010. When we go we will be a party of 7 and the ages will be two parents, two 18yo, a 17yo, a 13yo, and a 10yo. we have never done an adr but since were staying at value this time, we were thinking about making 2 adr. we are all die hard disney fans so nothing is really "too kiddy" for us. we want to go somewhere though that has a little bit of everything. we've narrowed down the list to about 6 or 7 places.

1.Ohana's
2. Sci-Fi Dine in.
3.Coral Reef
4.Crystal Palace
5. California Grill
6. Hoop dee doo
7. Spirt of Aloha

So which ones would be the best for us? we can only do about 2 or 3 this trip so whioch ones are the best and which would you avoid?

LiveyMouse22

I say you do Crystal Palace, Hoopdeedoo, and Sci-Fi. They are all really great and among my favorites and I am also a Disney Fanatic and nothing's ever too childish for me. :lol:
:wave:

NewfieFan

Crystal Palace would get my vote! I did it this past year with a group of 7 and it got great reviews from everyone! It's a good buffet, the characters are fun, and it's right there in the MK!

miles1

1.Ohana's- Definitely a yes. Good food, relaxed, great for a big group/family. Try to book a dinner to coincide with the MK fireworks; you can see them from the dining room.

2. Sci-Fi Dine in- Do 50's Prime Time instead. CM's will have a good time with a group like yours.

3.Coral Reef - Save your money, except for the setting it's just not that impressive.

4.Crystal Palace- Great for a relaxed, A/C lunch in the MK.

5. California Grill- No personal experience, but it gets great reviews
6. Hoop dee doo- See California Grill
7. Spirt of Aloha- My only experience was years ago- I don't remember too much about it.

Susan Savia

We like to spend the day in MK and then have dinner at the Crystal Palace and stay on for the Spectro Magic and Wishes later. What a wonderful day!

bgraham34

I would definately go with Crystal Palace. It is a must in my opinion as well as Ohanas. Ohanas is great for the young kids to just get involved with the entertainment like rolling coconuts around with a broom.

ThinkTink721

were starting to plan for our next trip to the world in april 2010. When we go we will be a party of 7 and the ages will be two parents, two 18yo, a 17yo, a 13yo, and a 10yo. we have never done an adr but since were staying at value this time, we were thinking about making 2 adr. we are all die hard disney fans so nothing is really "too kiddy" for us. we want to go somewhere though that has a little bit of everything. we've narrowed down the list to about 6 or 7 places.

1.Ohana's
2. Sci-Fi Dine in.
3.Coral Reef
4.Crystal Palace
5. California Grill
6. Hoop dee doo
7. Spirt of Aloha

So which ones would be the best for us? we can only do about 2 or 3 this trip so whioch ones are the best and which would you avoid?

Definitely go to:
Ohana's for dinner
Hoop Dee Doo dinner show

You may want to try:
Whispering Canyon

Too bad you couldn't find one more person to go, that way you could be a Grand Gathering & do one of those experiences.
We did that last year when we had a party of 8.
It was great! :D
:wave:

Philo

For a great night out: Hopp dee doo

For great food: Cali Grill (make sure you book it to coincide with Wishes)

For great in-park dining like no-where else: Coral Reef.

I also like the Sci-fi although the food isn't great (it's nice but not as nice as other places)and the atmosphere doesn't really work for me over dinner. I would try going there for a quick lunch.

mikewdw

how important is seeing some characters? we love the character buffets and have had some of our best character interactions there. they come by your table and see you instead of you waiting in line to see them. if thats important you will have to add some more to your list.

conntom

I would go to Crystal Palace I like the food there alot and its fun
to see all the character with the kids. The look on kids faces is
priceless. :xmas:

alanbrai

Good choices but i think you might want to reconsider Coral Reef and go to The Garden Grill in The Land. Ate there last night and it was excellent. It is family style all you can eat beef, roasted turkey, fried catfish, roasted potato, cornbread stuffing and vegetables. Also starts out with a mixed green salad and ends with blueberry pie. The atmosphere is great with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale mixing it up with the guest.

scarpiapiano

1.Ohana's
2. Sci-Fi Dine in.
3.Coral Reef
4.Crystal Palace
5. California Grill
6. Hoop dee doo
7. Spirt of Aloha

I'd replace Sci-Fi with 50's Primetime (better food and just as much fun).

I'd either do O'Hana or Spirit of Aloha not both.

California Grill and Coral Reef are great but maybe not as kid oriented as other options.

We really like 1900 Park Fare and it's great for kids. This might be a good choice to replace California Grill and or Crystal Palace. It's on the monorail line at GF.

Biergarten or Garden Grill might be a better option then Coral Reef. I think these restaurants are a little better for kids. (Maybe I'm not that crazy about fish :shrug:).

We love Hoop dee doo. It takes time out of your park touring but we wouldn't do WDW without an evening at Pioneer Hall.

Have a great time!!:slurp:

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Good choices but i think you might want to reconsider Coral Reef and go to The Garden Grill in The Land. Ate there last night and it was excellent. It is family style all you can eat beef, roasted turkey, fried catfish, roasted potato, cornbread stuffing and vegetables. Also starts out with a mixed green salad and ends with blueberry pie. The atmosphere is great with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale mixing it up with the guest.

Is that the one near living with the land? The youngest in our party has been dying to go there ever since she was 4 lol. we didn't know what it was called.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
If you throw Garden Grill inside The Land into the mix, my votes are:

-Garden Grill
-Crystal Palace
-50's Prime Time Cafe (to replace Sci-Fi)

Be sure to let us know what you choose for your group! :wave:

slappy magoo

1.Ohana's - hit and miss with food quality, but I still like it and the location is great if you want to try to enjoy the MK up to a half-hour before your reservation

2. Sci-Fi Dine in - great atmosphere, but the food is mediocre at best.

3.Coral Reef - beautiful, but imho not worth the money

4.Crystal Palace - fun, good value, good time with characters

5. California Grill - beautiful and imho, definitely worth the money.

6. Hoop dee doo - everyone should do this show at least once

7. Spirt of Aloha - never did it, couldn't tell you...

Other potentials -
Whispering Canyon Cafe - lot of fun, especially with a group your size...
Trails' End - best value on property. Even on a budget, it's easy to find the extra money for this one.
Rose and Crown - especially if you can get later dinner reservations. Even if you eat inside, you'll have access to the patio for the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom