Where to Catch Thursday Night Football onsite?

BrerPenguin2

Original Poster
My home team is going to be playing on Thursday Night Football while I am in Disney World in December. Since I am pretty sure that the resort television does not pick up NFL Network, do you know of any good place to catch the game? Any chance there is anywhere at the Pop Century that might have it on?

I am not planning on scheduling my day around football, but if the kids conk out early that day, I wouldn't mind at least catching the second half.

Thanks,

MKCP 1985

since more and more people at tailgates have the portable dish these days, maybe you can get lucky and find someone in the parking lot at Pop all hooked up. . . but since that passion is usually only seen with college football fans, your safe bet is going to be the ESPN Zone! :lol:

Yanks07

ESPN Club is a great place to watch. It does get crowded, one of the best times I have ever had was watching the SuperBowl there. Have a great trip!!

wpgminnie

don't know if these locations will have the NFL network, but they do
have TBS (MLB playoffs in Oct)... downtown Disney (Rainforest Cafe &
bar at House of Blues, bars at Swan and Dolphin)... good luck...
I am going off property to Buffalo Wild Wings...

wpgminnie

I love watching sports and WDW... I get to go 4 times a year... spring training-
+real MLB-playoff MLB+NFL +NHL (husband is a sports journalist)! Didn't
think this site would have people making fun of people who like sport! By
the way, not everyone visiting WDW come from places that have "sports
bars"!!!!

bugsbunny

ESPN is a great place to watch. However, it can be so crowded that you cannot get in. I remember one time going on a Sunday to watch the Eagles play Dallas and the line must have been 100 deep outside just waiting to get in. I don't mean waiting for it to open. I mean the place was filled to capacity and that was the line waiting for people to leave! They had to close off the ESPN store there because the crowd tried to bleed over into that and then wander in. It was insane!!

Blonde Princess

Another great place to watch the game is in the Crews Cup Lounge. It is right next to the Yachtsman Steak House on the Yacht Club side. They always have the football games on the big screen. The Bar is great and food is ok. It's spirited but not loud and crazy like ESPN.

Chase24

Can't Miss the Game.

Trusting your a Steelers Fan, be sure to wear your black and gold to the park. It is amazing how many fans I run into every time I go. :sohappy:
But there is always one, last time it was a Cincy fan and the time before a Seatle Fan, both who were good natured, but only 1 each time. :drevil:

Go Steelers.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm spending 10 days at 'The World' and this is my 3rd trip this year - I think I can sacrifice 3 hours to the 'NFL Gods' on my trip :lol:

Well this is where we differ - we only get to visit WDW once every two or three years and we can watch sports (inc NFL) at home whenever its on. When we're at Disney - we do Disney 24/7

wdwCC

Well this is where we differ - we only get to visit WDW once every two or three years and we can watch sports (inc NFL) at home whenever its on. When we're at Disney - we do Disney 24/7

I agree with that. Not being a super big sports fan I can wait to see football, if I'm at WDW. Watched one Vikings game this season, doesn't look like they are doing anything this year anyway.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
My home team is going to be playing on Thursday Night Football while I am in Disney World in December. Since I am pretty sure that the resort television does not pick up NFL Network, do you know of any good place to catch the game? Any chance there is anywhere at the Pop Century that might have it on?

I am not planning on scheduling my day around football, but if the kids conk out early that day, I wouldn't mind at least catching the second half.

Thanks,

I don't know what is near Pop but ESPN would be a great place to catch a game!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom