Where to buy Magical moments pins

AladdinMovie

Original Poster
Where is the easiest place to get the magical moments pins? Can you get them prior to leaving for WDW? Is it worth the twenty bucks??

RogueHabit

They're in practically every shop in the parks and resorts. They cost $15.99 plus tax.

Pesonally I didn't get one but we bought one for our sun and he put it on the top of his pin trader band and loved the way it went off on different rides, locations and parades.

They are quite bulky as well, but it depends if you like that sort of thing I guess.

For the kids a big YES, for adults, really is up to you.

As far as value for money, I think they're worth what you pay for them.

mousecar

I really had fun with the pins. It doesn't seem like there would be much variation with the light patterns but they actually "match" the attraction you're in. If the ride area is red the pin lights up in red. I was pretty surprised at the multiple colors and patterns the pins were capable of.

The only thing I thought was a little disappointing was the SHORT battery life. It's a good thing they give you an extra set.

I had the Magic Kingdom pin. I would have gotten the whole set but I couldn't afford them all.

Mark 100

I went to WDW in 2001 in December and wanted to get all 5 pins but my dad said no and we went for a week in Vero Beach. I go home and bothered my dad to get them my next door neighbours were planned to go to WDW and get them for me but didn`t can anyone tell me where i can get them PLEASE!!!

Coree

You can always call Disney World's Mechandise Services and have them shipped to you. You'll need a credit card to order them, but it's the only way I know of to get them outside of Disney World. That number is 407-363-6200.

Also, a tip on the batteries. If you aren't actually using the pins take the batteries out. A cast member down there told me that the batteries are constantly in use as the pins "look" for their triggers to go off. So the batteries are wearing down even sitting on the table in your hotel at night. Ours didn't even last the whole week we were there without taking out the batteries.

Mark 100

My dad asked a friend of his to get the Magical moments pins when he went to WDW but he looked around everywhere but they sold out. Do you think WDW Merchandising will have any?

Coree

They should. We were just at WDW in September and there were still plenty to be found in the parks. Good luck!

SirNim

Yep, the Magical Moments pins certainly are "open" edition. Disney's hyped up so much about them they need to plaster them for sale everywhere. As for me, I purchased all five at the Sorcerer's Hat Shop when I went in April (to make use of my FREE INTERNET PIN offer (while supplies last)) and took them home unused in-box. Not that I wouldn't have liked to wear them - after all that's what they're all about - the fun - but we didn't have much time left at the parks so I figured I wouldn't blow the $15.00 (times five = $75.00:eek: :drevil: ) and now they're just at home. They may be collectable one day, maybe not. (I put my money, literally, on the former). AS for the Magical Moments game, well, THAT I opened and it was great! At first, we tried to go around and open all the games via the sensors installed at the attraction entrances but in April, IASW wasn't working. Even the cast member couldn't get the game unlocked. So we manually unlocked the games using a key-pad combination feature. Short on graphics and sounds, but big on FUN!! Probably one of the best investments you could make - portability and general smallness makes it a cinch to play with in long queues. Plus, the games weren't THAT cheesy. Just Disney-fied variations on old favorites.

MicBat

I DEFINITELLY think the pins are well worth it! I bought one when I was there for Grad Nite and everytime I saw someone from my school, they'd set off my pin. It was great. Call me a cheese ball, but I got the biggest kick from them going off on the rides (even though they'd go off when it was suposed to be dark in the ride and the pin would light everything up - Peter Pan). A few weeks after I got home, though, my pin stopped working and I called WDW merchandising. They sent me another one, no questions asked!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Mark 100
He went last week.

He didn't look hard enough then. These pins are literally everywhere. Every pin cart and pin stand sells them. They are also sold in almost every shop in Walt Disney World. You don't have to look hard to find them.

Mark 100

This may be a stupid question but my dad wants to know, Is it safe ordering over the phone with credit card infomation. My dad only orders things in the UK because of people taking the info and giving it away especialy with the amount of money he has on there.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Mark 100
This may be a stupid question but my dad wants to know, Is it safe ordering over the phone with credit card infomation. My dad only orders things in the UK because of people taking the info and giving it away especialy with the amount of money he has on there.

If he is ordering through Disney, then it is definately safe.

elisa

magical moment pins

I got one of the pins while i was in wdw. they are a fantastic. they cost $15.09 + 6% tax. Totalling $16.00 (just over £10 for us brits) they have only got three types left now though on which just says a hundred year (this is the on i have got) one with the animal kingdooms tree of life on and one with Epcot's spaceship earth on it i really wanted the mk on and couldn't get it and i saw non with the mgm hat on it either.

Nineinchnailsmk

be careful!! there are new pins that have the same background, but say 2003 on them! I was kinda bummed because i didnt pay attention to detail, and i bought all of the parks, not realizing that i have one that says 2003: the place to be (i think) on it, instead of the 100 years of magic!

i mean, its cool that theyre keeping the pins around, they were fun to watch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom