Where to buy alcohol at WDW?

Karen40

We will be staying at the Beach Club Resort and we will not have our own transportation. I would like to have a couple bottles of wine for our room for our mid-afternoon break or happy hour during the week we are there. Where is the closest place to purchase wine or beer or other spirits?

Thank you.

KingStefan

Welcome to the boards. I hope you like it here.

All the resorts I have stayed at (moderates and deluxe) have some beer, wine, and liquor at the resort, albeit at a premium price (I don't know about values). I don't know personally about the Beach Club, but I'm pretty sure there will be a place there to buy some.

Maybe somebody who has stayed there can tell us for sure.

Depending on how much time you want to spend shopping, and how much stuff you want to buy for the room, taking a taxi shopping to a supermarket / bottle shop nearby may save you money. But if you just want a few minor groceries or snacks and maybe a few bottles of something, it's probably not worth the cab fare or the investment in time.

Upvote 0

mwoates

Bring Your Own

I stayed at the Beach Club villas about 2 weeks ago. We unfortunately figured we would buy our drinks at the Beach Club marketplace and have a few drinks on the balcony. They had only ONE choice for red wine (it was like grape juice) and a few whites but they were EXPENSIVE. The beers were 7 dollars each. My suggestion is bring your own...The prices were way higher than we had expected, as much as sit down in the parks.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The beach club marketplace will probably sell some, but most likely in single serve bottles. I would bring a few bottles with you and save yourself the enormous expense of getting it in Disney.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

If you don't like the selection at the BC then stroll over to the Yacht Club or over to the Boardwalk (both short walks) and check out the selection there.
It is expensive and taking a taxi off site to buy supplies may be cheaper in the long run. Don't forget the bottle opener.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

There is a Hess gas station right next to the Boardwalk. I would just walk right through the lobby of the BW and go across the street and see what they have. We always buy our sodas there. It's got to be cheaper than buying it at your resort. You could always take a taxi there and back- it would cost next to nothing as its so close!

Upvote 0

Jaytrod

I know if you go to the General Store on the Boardwalk they have a whole cabinet full of liquor behind the sales desk. I remember seeing whiskey and vodka but I cant remember about the wine.. I am pretty sure tho if they are selling the hard stuff they have wine.. I also know they sell beer in that store also..

Another Idea might be to go to some of the different countries in world showcase at Epcot. I know I bought a nice bottle of wine in Italy for my parents as a souvenir a couple trips back and it was real deal Italian wine and I don't recall it being overly expensive.

Have fun :)

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

One more idea is that if you do not have transportation then try a Limo service to get you from the airport to the resort and back. Quicksilver gives you a 30 minute grocery stop and grocery stores in Fl sell wine and have a very good selection typically at good prices. Then you could also buy bottled water and soda along with snacks or breakfast items and save money. Remember that water is $2.50 per bottle on WDW property and you can get a 12 pack of bottled water at Winn Dixie for about $5.00 or less.
The cost of the car service is about $100.00 round trip, but we find it worth it. The money we save on the grocery stop is spent on a luxury trip back and forth between WDW and the airport.

Upvote 0

Rob562

There is a Hess gas station right next to the Boardwalk. I would just walk right through the lobby of the BW and go across the street and see what they have. We always buy our sodas there. It's got to be cheaper than buying it at your resort. You could always take a taxi there and back- it would cost next to nothing as its so close!

No need for the taxi. There's a sidewalk and crosswalk from the southeast corner of the Boardwalk parking lot over to the Hess station. (The sidewalk actually starts near the lot's guard shack, I believe)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Bug715

I don't know the prices, but other options include strolling over to Epcot and getting a bottle of wine in France or Germany... ;)

-Rob

I'd recomend this. Last trip I ran into EPCOT to get wine for my mom and I in Germany and good bread in France. Since she likes white and I like red my arms got really tired when I got back to the international gateway to where she was waiting. She likes wines in France but my favorite Red is from Germany and is only $20 for a full bottle.

In both Germany and France there is a lot to choose from, a description of each wine where they serve it and you could always sample a few if you can't make up your mind.

No need for the taxi. There's a sidewalk and crosswalk from the southeast corner of the Boardwalk parking lot over to the Hess station. (The sidewalk actually starts near the lot's guard shack, I believe)

-Rob

This is true. When I was lugging wine through EPCOT my Dad walked over to Hess to get a loaf of bread and soft drinks for himself.

I'm guessing all Deluxe resorts would have the same wine selection for the most part? I know values have a single serving bottle but I think only one choice for each red and white.

Upvote 0
We will be staying at the Beach Club Resort and we will not have our own transportation. I would like to have a couple bottles of wine for our room for our mid-afternoon break or happy hour during the week we are there. Where is the closest place to purchase wine or beer or other spirits?

Thank you.

DH and I always order from Garden Grocer who will deliver to the resort on the day we arrive. It is always waiting for us at Bell Services. There is a small delivery fee but this is off-set by the savings of not having to buy on property!

From Beach Club, You can then walk across to Speedway to top up supplies as needed! It is much more cost-effective than paying Disney prices!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom