Pre-Trip Where The Slipper Always Fits--Holiday Edition

I know, I know, perhaps I overuse this line but it's so perfect for me and my df (Steven) and I can't really think of anything else at the moment. I've been wondering for awhile what to call the report. No matter, on with the details!

My df grew up with his family driving down from Vermont every winter to have a break in Disney. So the last couple of years, we've gone with his parents. While it's been wonderful to spend time with them, parents and adult children have different priorities, so it is usually a tad logistically challenging. But it's not so bad. It's usually fairly easy and we spend a lot of time together but sometimes time is wasted for example, leaving AK to meet at HS just so we can look at lights together and then they are done with the lights while we're taking a romantic moment and they are calling us saying "let's go."

After the family trip last year, we all weren't going this year because DF's sister got married this fall and we're getting married next summer so everybody's in money-saving mode. But the nice thing about Disney is ...drumroll please,

YOU HAVE A LONG TIME TO PAY OFF YOUR TRIP IF YOU PLAN FAR IN ADVANCE.

So, in February of 2015, Steven and I are sitting at home, watching a Disney Parks video (not sure which one, I think it was just the 2015 planning one) and I look at him and say "I think we might be able to do it this year." And he looks at me and says "I was thinking that," then starts running the numbers and PRESTO, WE MAKE A RESERVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We managed to get our flights from Denver free because of Southwest points so that saved us a ton of money, especially because we are flying down there on Thanksgiving day. We usually go at Thanksgiving but are really excited to go a week later this year because of Epcot's Holidays Around the World. And Steven would like me to mention that he's very excited about the Star Wars stuff, some of which appears Dec 1!

Here's us below at the Garden Grill with Pluto last year!

Attachments

• P1030086.JPG
    P1030086.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 42

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
It's so exciting! We are only 5 days out and I'm checking our Denver weather forecast like mad because there's supposed to be snow on Thanksgiving morning (the day we leave) but it's just supposed to be flurries so I have pixie dust faith that we will BE A OK! I'm a teacher, we have Monday and Tuesday with the kids and then professional development on Wed. DISNEY IS THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!

Also, DF and I were discussing AK and he filled me in on the backstory about Chester and Hester. I thought Chester and Hester were the dinos --the big yellow one was Chester and Steven informed this new Disney fan that, no; they are people who cashed in on the Dino Institute being in town.

I have a lot to learn!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom