Where NOT to live when working at Disney

Cderoche24

Original Poster
I just got hired as a Stage Tech (which I'm crazy excited for) and I'm looking for a place to live. I'll be moving in a couple months and I'm looking for an apt complex of some sort. Are there kind of....well for lack of a better word....shady ghetto areas I should avoid? Because of my smaller budget I am looking as far out as Winter Haven and Haines City, but there are some spots just east of Disney in Kissimmee and SW Orlando by Universal. Anyplace people have had bad experiences with? Just looking for apt hunting tips :)

Chris

Hulacat

Avoid the area near Ocoee/ West Oaks mall called Pine Hills aka Crime Hills. Clermont has some good and some crappy apartments, perhaps check reviews online. Many CM's live in Clermont. Winter Garden can be nice. The apartments near Mall of Millenia/Universal can be dangerous.

Cderoche24

Original Poster
Nice. Thanks for the replies. Clermont looks like it would be great. I found a place called Cagan Crossings just west of WDW. Anybody have experience or know anyone whose lived there? I saw some nightmarish post about bugs on a couple review sites, but I cant tell how biased reviews are from some people who are just really angry in general lol.

fugawe09

Cagan Crossings has I think 4 different complexes in the compound. The oldest complex, Aurora, is not too classy but the newer sections are OK. From what I understand, management is adequate but nothing special. The "town center" they advertise is mostly empty storefronts but there is a Wal-Mart a couple miles up the highway. Cagan is kind of in the middle of nowhere, not in Clermont proper. It is a fairly convenient location to Disney, but you will need to budget time for traffic on US-27 and US-192 in the morning and evening.

Every place I've lived in Florida, ranging from dumps to "luxury apartment homes" has had roaches to some degree, so I would take it with a grain of salt. Cleanliness and some boric acid take care of it most of the time time. A lot of bug complaints stem from people not acknowledging that cat food and dirty dishes left out are like candy to roaches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom